Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arguing about the results of a math equation via email....

....with someone else's math professor....

....who teaches at a college I've never attended.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
My romantic associate never could seem to understand that I wasn't ignoring what she or others were saying intentionally. Sometimes it gets through, other times I'm...preoccupied. Best to preface important things with 'I need you to pay attention...' She could never seem to grasp this until the following incident occurred:

I was pulled over somewhere in west Texas by a state trooper for a routine roadside inspection, it's part of the job when driving professionally. I'm busy thinking about my personal cosmology or cheesecake or something and had been for the past few hundred miles before he interrupted me. He started up front by popping the hood and instructing me to turn the wheel to the right when he made this hand signal and left when he made that one in order to inspect the steering shaft. No problem, I'm going along in dolphin-mode, paying half-brain attention to him...he eventually moved on to the back of the trailer.

So I'm watching him in the mirror and he's giving the hand signal again...this for left, that for right. What he's looking for at this point is to check the turn signals on the trailer. I'm up front in the driver's seat turning the steering wheel thinking (if you can call it that) 'Huh, what's the point of this? The trailer wheels aren't even connected to the steering...' I started to pay closer attention when he marched back to the front of the truck and demanded, 'What the hell are you doing up there?'

Fucking people. Like I was putting him out.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Reading my book at a drumnbass party.(good party btw)

Spending 3 (whole) days trying to get my mofo broadcom wifi chip working under debian,relearning all from linux i didn't use in 5 years.(we will not surrender!)

Creating my wedding invite in pixel art, and then go and steal the duck from duckhunt (modified by @gwenau) and a cloud from nintendo games to put in there as easter egg. (still working on the achievement cards for my wedding)

Calculating how many googly eyes we needed for our carnival costume, as well as baring in mind torsion and open/close ratio on costume parts. :D Creative and crazy precise as f*

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
causing an intj to bang their head against a wall, while checking me out at the same time. (my studies suggest that many of us leave them confused as to whether they want to murder us or get jiggy with it.)

(left out a variety of answers... because meh; which is another answer, too.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
1/ Playing a trading card game or board game for a few hours. Spending the entire night (4-5 hours) arguing over how things could've gone differently if only... with one or two close friends and how to improve tactics.

2/ Reading strategy guides for board games without the intention of testing them, ever.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is this a normal reaction for an esfp in mental distress? Because I have had this happen with my fiancé.It is WEIRD.
Well I found it incredibly funny.

She is usually all confident and impulsive, but just one 007-styled witty line and she's acutely a shivering code of Syntax Error.

I don't blame her though, has happened to me once with an ENFP who just waltzed through the defence barriers of Ti and went straight to the Fe-sector.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Not sure how to quantify what would be the most INTP thing, but my LAN at home is more elaborate than most enterprise networks. By way of car analogy, it's like building a car from old Honda Civic parts and ending up with a McLaren.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I was looking at a natural history museum's website and found a picture of one of the paintings they had on display showing a territorial fight between a Tyrannosaurus Rex and another less-famous tyrannosaurid*. It bothered me because my favorite source of dinosaur information said that 1) the two species didn't live in the same regions and 2) T-rex hadn't evolved until a couple of million years after the other tyrannosaurid had gone extinct, so I emailed the museum asking if they'd made a typo on one or both of the dinosaurs named in the caption.

When they e-mailed me back explaining that the scene was pure artistic liberty that they knew wouldn't have happened in real life - and complimenting my knowledge base to have recognized that fact - my first reaction was "But why would they do that if museums are supposed to be educational?"

I was 6 :laughing:

My favorite computer application at the time was the encyclopedia "Microsoft Dinosaurs," does anybody else remember that one?
*I know for a fact that it was a Cretaceous-era tyrannosaurid, I'm pretty sure I remember writing that it lived about 68 million years ago, and I could've sworn it started with an "M," but I've just spent the last half hour looking up lists of "tyrannosaurids" "Cretaceous theropods" and "dinosaurs starting with M," and now I'm starting to think it was actually an Albertosaurus instead.

Unless somebody else knows of a Cretaceous-era "M" tyrannosaurid that I'm forgetting/not finding?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
One time, after being asked a question by a teacher in class, I was interrupted in the middle of my response with "You would make a good politician josh" because the teacher thought I was rambling and talking in circles to avoid the question. What I was really doing was spending time giving the context needed to understand my answer. As intps we think it is very important to have all information presented to us before we can understand and respond to things. I was simply trying to provide this information to the teacher so that they could have the circumspect knowledge needed to understand my answer... but I guess they didn't see it that way. Sometimes it shocks me how poorly people are able to keep track of long strings of thought and the relationship between sequential and interconnected ideas.

Of course, the reason I was not able to provide a simple answer was because it was a philosophy class and there was no clear and simple answer.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Got a text from an ENFJ friend the day after a night of heavy drinking about her apparent hangover. She was obviously looking for some simple emotional support and sympathy although this didn't register in my head.

I simply wrote back: Give me 6 minutes and 48 seconds.

6 minutes and 48 seconds later I sent her a list I compiled of all known tricks and methods for curing a hangover. Everything from what to eat, what to do and when to do it. It was quite the wall of text.

This caused her to burst out laughing because she wasn't expecting any actual help, she explained how she just wanted sympathy.

I face palmed hard when I realized this had completely gone over my head.

She thanked me for the list though and actually followed the advice (which did work to an extent).

·
Registered
553 Posts
My favorite computer application at the time was the encyclopedia "Microsoft Dinosaurs," does anybody else remember that one?

YES, they all were fabulous.Microsoft Music instuments, first time I heard an ocarina :)

Microsoft Encarta 95
PC > Windows Games

And this gem, oh how I loved tis UPtodate info :Dit was though, at the time it was amazing

1 - 20 of 36 Posts