Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Now this question can have many, many answers to it. Any MBTI type that has a high Extraversion score could be the "most extroverted type". Or a type with a high Introversion score could be the "most introverted" type. My guess on this from my life experiences would be:

Most Extroverted: ESFP

Most Introverted: INTJs or ISTPs

Every single ESFP I've met is an attention whore and a people person in the extreme. I have rarely found a time when ESFPs are by themselves, they're always surrounded by their cliques that they spend time with. They're always starting up conversations with others, telling jokes or funny stories, or finding a way to capture and keep people's attention. It's like being in the spotlight is their fuel to keep on going or something!

The INTJs and ISTPs are the types that can really be lone wolfs. Unlike ISTJs, INFPs, ISFJs, INFJs, or ISFPs, these two types aforementioned can be your typical hardasses that really don't care about being around people. They can be the types that "work alone" or get so enthralled in their studying, mechanic work, or plans that they forget those around them or even have quite the apathy towards people. Especially high T scores in INTJs and ISTPs, coupled with if they have strong I scores can lead these people to really give a fuck whether they're liked or not so they can end up as being quite disliked by their peers. "Who cares what people think of me?" could be their thoughts about people, thus they don't break their backs for others or makes Naturally then, due to these circumstances, these types can quite introverted.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
In theory

Most introverted: INTP followed by ISTP
Most extroverted: ESFJ

Most introverted extrovert: ENTP followed by ENFP
Most extroverted introvert: ISFJ

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got both high 'I' and 'T' which I, just like an earlier poster, believe is a really bad combination. My brother(INTP) is kind of a loner which means a lot more outgoing than I am. Strengths unknown though. We need more samples.

btw. Data is my fav.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In theory
Most introverted extrovert: ENTP followed by ENFP
i agree. I don' really feel that extroverted. But on the other hand, some ENFPs are very extroverted... I think every Extroverted type has more introverted/less extroverted individuals, and every Introverted type has more extroverted/less introverted individuals too. But at the same time, some types might have more of the less extroverted/introverted individuals than other types. Anyone getting this? :D :laughing:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Most extraverted: ENFP, ESFP, ESTP.

Most Introverted: INTP, ISTP, INTJ

Most introverted extravert: ENTP

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
The most extroverted I have met IRL is ESFP and the most introverted I have met is INTP. I might change my opinion if I had met and identified some more types.

Interesting that no one mentions ENFJs for high extroversion, though I am like a chameleon sometimes ...an ESFP would make me that much more extroverted in their company and an INTP would mellow me out more.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
In reality, any type can fall anywhere on their side of the range of I/E. I'm sure there are mildly introverted INTJs and very extroverted ENFPs (I sure know many of those).

In theory & from general experience/observation, I'd order them this way:

ESFP
ESTP
ESFJ
ESTJ
-------- ESxx types seem most extroverted to me. Se types especially seem connected to the external world

ENFP
ENTP
ENTJ
ENFJ
-----------ENxx types seem the ones most likely to fall near the I/E line. Being intuitive can add an element of spacey-ness that seems introverted.

ISFJ
ISTP
ISTJ
ISFP
------------ ISFJs seem the most people-oriented of the Is, and ISTPs seem very connected to the physical world, as opposed to just the mental life (not that they don't have that).

INFJ
INFP
INTP
INTJ
------------ INxx types seem the most introverted, as they prefer their inner world AND they perceive in abstract ways, which adds to the detached air about them.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I kinda agree, though, that ISTPs would be the most introverted except for INTPs. Of course, this is just in theory anyway...
I'm not sure if I would group them up ESxx, ENxx, ISxx, and INxx since those types can differ greatly from each other.

·
11,928 Posts
In reality, any type can fall anywhere on their side of the range of I/E. I'm sure there are mildly introverted INTJs and very extroverted ENFPs (I sure know many of those).

In theory & from general experience/observation, I'd order them this way:

ESFP
ESTP
ESFJ
ESTJ
-------- ESxx types seem most extroverted to me. Se types especially seem connected to the external world

ENFP
ENTP
ENTJ
ENFJ
-----------ENxx types seem the ones most likely to fall near the I/E line. Being intuitive can add an element of spacey-ness that seems introverted.

ISFJ
ISTP
ISTJ
ISFP
------------ ISFJs seem the most people-oriented of the Is, and ISTPs seem very connected to the physical world, as opposed to just the mental life (not that they don't have that).

INFJ
INFP
INTP
INTJ
------------ INxx types seem the most introverted, as they prefer their inner world AND they perceive in abstract ways, which adds to the detached air about them.
I'm assuming that by 'extroverted' and 'introverted' we're talking about sociability, right? I don't agree with those definitions at all, but I'll use those for the sake of this discussion. With the real definitions of introverted and extroverted, it doesn't really make sense that anyone would be more or less extroverted or introverted.

Basically, I think that ENPs are much more likely than ENJs to doubt whether they're extroverted or introverted. And I think that ESPs would come in second. I think that Fi gives EFPs more 'people orientedness', though. I might say that as far as introverted extroverts go, it would be like this: ENTP>ESTP>ENFP>ESFP. Although, it's possible that ESPs would have an easier time not getting drained with social interaction, but I'm not sure. I don't know much about Se...

I would think that EFJs(Fe-dom) would be some of the more socially driven extroverts. I'm not really sure how Si and Ni would make a difference, though. Also, I think that IFJs are possibly some of the more extroverted introverts.

For some reason, IFPs and ETJs strike me as being fairly introverted and extroverted respectively, but not the most/least introverted and extroverted.

I think that ITPs would be the most introverted of the introverts.
But I'm not really sure about ITJs. ITPs and ITJs might be the four most introverted of the introverts theoretically speaking.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm assuming that by 'extroverted' and 'introverted' we're talking about sociability, right? I don't agree with those definitions at all, but I'll use those for the sake of this discussion. With the real definitions of introverted and extroverted, it doesn't really make sense that anyone would be more or less extroverted or introverted.

Basically, I think that ENPs are much more likely than ENJs to doubt whether they're extroverted or introverted. And I think that ESPs would come in second. I think that Fi gives EFPs more 'people orientedness', though. I might say that as far as introverted extroverts go, it would be like this: ENTP>ESTP>ENFP>ESFP. Although, it's possible that ESPs would have an easier time not getting drained with social interaction, but I'm not sure. I don't know much about Se...

I would think that EFJs(Fe-dom) would be some of the more socially driven extroverts. I'm not really sure how Si and Ni would make a difference, though. Also, I think that IFJs are possibly some of the more extroverted introverts.

For some reason, IFPs and ETJs strike me as being fairly introverted and extroverted respectively, but not the most/least introverted and extroverted.

I think that ITPs would be the most introverted of the introverts.
But I'm not really sure about ITJs. ITPs and ITJs might be the four most introverted of the introverts theoretically speaking.
I was using a blend of the laymen's terms and the concept of the focus being on your inner world or the outer world (object vs subject). That's why I said theory & experience....

My experience with ENxPs is that they are clearly extroverted, and ENxJs seem calmer to me, although I certainly know some of those who are clearly extroverted. In particular, I know a lot of semi-shy ENFJs, so they always seem more introverted to me than the hyper ENFPs I know.

Se, to me, seems the function most focused on the object, and that makes ESxPs seem very extroverted to me. Although, I think any of the ESxx types could win the top spot.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
11,928 Posts
I was using a blend of the laymen's terms and the concept of the focus being on your inner world or the outer world (object vs subject). That's why I said theory & experience....

My experience with ENxPs is that they are clearly extroverted, and ENxJs seem calmer to me, although I certainly know some of those who are clearly extroverted. In particular, I know a lot of semi-shy ENFJs, so they always seem more introverted to me than the hyper ENFPs I know.

Se, to me, seems the function most focused on the object, and that makes ESxPs seem very extroverted to me. Although, I think any of the ESxx types could win the top spot.
So hyper means extroverted and calm means introverted??
If you go by the Jungian definitions of introverted and extroverted, I don't think you really can say which type is most extroverted or introverted, though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I think extroversion socially wise, Fe will be the most extroverted, as Se would not necessarily be interested in people for their own sake. I think Ti would be the most introverted as it is very detached and impersonal, Te can seem very forceful and assertive but it is more concerned about efficiency than interpersonal issues. Fi seems kind of introverted but compared to Ti it is more people-oriented. Ni could also be very introverted too, but with INJs it will be combined with Te or Fe. Ne seems almost introverted extroverted function as it seems more idea oriented. So I decided INTP was the most introverted because they have the impersonal Ti combined with the abstract, idea-oriented Ne, this could make ENTPs seem more "introverted" compared to all the other extrovert types and even some introvert types.

So if I had to order from greatest to least extroverted, it would be like this.

EFJs
ETJs
ESPs
ENPs
IFJs
ITJs
IFPs
ITPs

·
Registered
378 Posts
In my experience:

ESFJ and ENFJ are the most extroverted types(where as ENFP's are the most introverted of the E's)

INTP and ISTP are the most introverted types(where as INTJ's are generally the most extroverted of the I's)

I have seen INFP's be very sociable sometimes, however, I have also seen very reclusive INFP's. F's generally seem to be more sociable. ENTP's can be very sociable in my experience. ISFJ's are usually really reclusive. They can seem sociable, however they will a lot of times escape if groups are to big, or sometimes just shut down.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
So hyper means extroverted and calm means introverted??
If you go by the Jungian definitions of introverted and extroverted, I don't think you really can say which type is most extroverted or introverted, though.
Yes, considering it from the laymen's usage, there are those associations. Certain types "appear" more extroverted due to their demeanor, whether or not their brain is really more extroverted.

I agree about Jungian definitions - it's one or the other really, but he also discusses "pure" types. In reality, people tend to fall on a scale when it comes to I/E, as opposed to two extremes. It's one aspect of MBTI that has some scientific backing.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
ISFJ's are usually really reclusive. They can seem sociable, however they will a lot of times escape if groups are to big, or sometimes just shut down.
In my experience this is not true. My ISFJ husband has quite a bit of extroversion in him. He is quite social and big groups don't phase him. He is also happy to stay almost to the end of a party with me.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
In my experience:

ESFJ and ENFJ are the most extroverted types(where as ENFP's are the most introverted of the E's)

INTP and ISTP are the most introverted types(where as INTJ's are generally the most extroverted of the I's)

I have seen INFP's be very sociable sometimes, however, I have also seen very reclusive INFP's. F's generally seem to be more sociable. ENTP's can be very sociable in my experience. ISFJ's are usually really reclusive. They can seem sociable, however they will a lot of times escape if groups are to big, or sometimes just shut down.
INTJs are the most extroverted introverts?

What have you been smoking?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts