Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I'm sure you know people which often (too frequently!!!) use pharses (given below) while talking/chatting.
They ask question kinda like:
-What do you mean?
-Why are you asking?
or answer to question:
-I can't relate to sth.
-I'm not sure, but..

I know one person who talk like this and it's annoying, isn't it?
Do you think it's any relation between these statement and MBTI type?
If yes, what's your choice among MBTI?

Sorry for my English. It isn't my native language.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I talk like that, It's not about being unsure, it's about being certain. Misunderstandings either waste time or ends with everyone upset. How is it annoying? And why is this in the NF forum?

You can't delete threads.

Reactions: Leyane

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I'm pretty certain INTPs are like this, me being one and knowing a few other INTPs who also have an "unsure" attitude". It's because of our perceiving nature and how we always think like there's "something else", some other possibilities to questions or situations or ideas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I talk like that, It's not about being unsure, it's about being certain. Misunderstandings either waste time or ends with everyone upset. How is it annoying? And why is this in the NF forum?

You can't delete threads.
I'm the new one on personality cafe (Did you see the number of posts I wrote..) . I hope that explain you my ignorance- it wasn't conscious doing a mess. I would be grateful if you rather would explain these things, because it's over my head. I will be grateful;) So maybe I could relocate this thread?

I sometimes also want to be certain of sth and ask these question. In some cases with the same people this attitude I remark habitually. It's annoying, because if you ask him simple question and he's like incapable to answer.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
What do you mean?
-Why are you asking?
or answer to question:
-I can't relate to sth.
-I'm not sure, but..

This sounds more like someone who wants to make sure they have a clear understanding of something before giving an answer because they value certainty. Clarifying what someone means before answering is a healthy form of communication, and prevents misunderstandings. If someone is repeatedly saying this to you, it could also very well mean you yourself are not very good at clearly communicating what you are trying to say. I'm not saying this is actually the case for you, but it's something to consider.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not saying this is actually the case for you, but it's something to consider.
@TuesdaysChild Yeah, since I've been writing this thread I consider a possibility that the unsure one is INTP. I asked some people and the most likely he's INTP. It might be characteristic for him, cause I don't know more people who can't answer the simple question. Belive me, when I talked to my friend female INFP that HE didn't understood my question; she said: He's weird. Why don't you want to find someone else?
As @HoldenCawffled said: They must first: " think like there's "something else", some other possibilities to questions or situations or ideas" then they answer. So it was like the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks a lot.

From other hand, I don't talk too much, but when I talk, I usually communicate clearly. Nevertheless I like speak in the ambiguous way, fill the statements implication. It's so wonderful, when we're the only one are who understand what the hidden meaning is- love this game. Unfortunately, I don't know many people with whom I would talk in this way. I rarely risk miscommunication due to kinda duality/ allusion with people who practicaly I don't know. And HE belongs to this group.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally, I think the cognitive functions are more about cognition than personality. It affects communication more than attitude. An Enneagram type 2 NF is going to have a much different self assurance than a type 6 NF. It also depends on their level of mental health. That being said, I think type 6s are the least sure of themselves, others and their belief systems.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nothing to do with cognitive functions, it's just about processing information. I've seen very emotional healthy and very unhealthy people of all types.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello,
I'm sure you know people which often (too frequently!!!) use pharses (given below) while talking/chatting.
They ask question kinda like:
-What do you mean?
-Why are you asking?
or answer to question:
-I can't relate to sth.
-I'm not sure, but..

I know one person who talk like this and it's annoying, isn't it?
Do you think it's any relation between these statement and MBTI type?
If yes, what's your choice among MBTI?

Sorry for my English. It isn't my native language.
I know I talk like that sometimes, (I'm INFJ), sounding uncertain when really I am buying time for myself to figure out where the conversation is going. I don't think it's wise to set too much store by particular phrases used in everyday conversations, because oftentimes words are chosen for superficial reasons such as when one is taking pains to be polite and to ensure harmony.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.