Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the Myers-Briggs test too many times to remember, and my results are continuously fluctuating. I've been an ESTP, INTJ, and ISTJ, none of which fit my temperment.

For ESTP, while I am a outgoing, fast-paced, and straight-shooting to the point of being blunt, I don't get bored by routine and I'm not so short on attention span that I can't stand theory. I love theory, provided it can actually work when put into practice.

I identify with aspects of the INTJ persona, namely exuding self-confidence and despising the social ettiquettes such as small talk and flirting, but I am much, much more extroverted than an INTJ. That and the fact that I am horrid at math and science.

Similarly, in the ISTJ category I strive to live life along patterns of logic and reason, but I'm hardly quiet and reserved, and I don't mind breaking the rules if the rules aren't going to get the job done. Admittedly, I do work many long hours with numerous projects, but I am not a push-over for other people.

I am an Enneagram 8w7 [to a T] and I match the definition of Aries [look, I know it's nonsense, but if we're not looking at the fact that it's trying to tell me rocks in space tell me who I am, I fit the description pretty damn well].

Long story short, does anyone have even a remote guess as to what my Myers Briggs is?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Cognitive function order, plox.

If they're out of whack, we can at least see what your dominant is to narrow it down quite a bit.

From there, we can figure out what your mannerisms and preferences are to figure out your actual type.
But, remember, the types are only Archetypes of extremes. It's my personal belief that all people contain certain aspects of every type; as all of the cognitive functions are used at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cognitive function order, plox.

If they're out of whack, we can at least see what your dominant is to narrow it down quite a bit.

From there, we can figure out what your mannerisms and preferences are to figure out your actual type.
But, remember, the types are only Archetypes of extremes. It's my personal belief that all people contain certain aspects of every type; as all of the cognitive functions are used at one time or another.
Okay, took me a hell of a long time to find the test, but this is the result:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.4)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Looks like you're an ISFP then?

You may just be very well balanced and very much in touch with all of your cognitive functions. You should count this as a blessing.

I have found that self-diagnosis is the best way to really pin down your type. Read up on the various functions and types and I think you will intuitively resonate with one type over the others.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you're an ISFP then?

You may just be very well balanced and very much in touch with all of your cognitive functions. You should count this as a blessing.

I have found that self-diagnosis is the best way to really pin down your type. Read up on the various functions and types and I think you will intuitively resonate with one type over the others.
I looked it over and ISFP sounds nothing like me. Other than the "strong set of values" part. I'm not quiet or reserved, as I will share my opinions and ideas with little hesitation to whether it's acceptable or not. "Kind, sensitive, and gentle" are attributes associated with an ISFP, but I qualify as the last person to meet any of those descriptions. Au contrare, I dislike trying to pander to peoples' emotional needs and hate emotional based decisions from both myself and others. I strive to live a life through logic and enjoy leading people when necessary.

This probably makes me sound like some sort of ridiculous MBTI hypochondriac. Really, though, it's displeasing to find that my choices on the test are not providing any matching result that reflects me.

Still, I think your idea is a good one. I'll skim around and see if any of the MBTI possibilites resonate with me. Thanks for the advice.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Well, your next highest score was introverted Thinking. That means ISTP or INTP. Read up on these types and see how it fits. However, keep in mind, these things don't fit like a glove.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I looked it over and ISFP sounds nothing like me. Other than the "strong set of values" part. I'm not quiet or reserved, as I will share my opinions and ideas with little hesitation to whether it's acceptable or not. "Kind, sensitive, and gentle" are attributes associated with an ISFP, but I qualify as the last person to meet any of those descriptions. Au contrare, I dislike trying to pander to peoples' emotional needs and hate emotional based decisions from both myself and others. I strive to live a life through logic and enjoy leading people when necessary.

This probably makes me sound like some sort of ridiculous MBTI hypochondriac. Really, though, it's displeasing to find that my choices on the test are not providing any matching result that reflects me.

Still, I think your idea is a good one. I'll skim around and see if any of the MBTI possibilites resonate with me. Thanks for the advice.
Let me save you some time, if you will.

I/E is pretty easy. Do you feel energized when you bring yourself to the world, or do you prefer to remained fixed and bring the world to yourself?

S/N. Do you think in details/specifics, or in theories? If you like details, do you rely upon what has worked in the past(si), or do you have a keen mind for specifics?(Se). If you see patterns and ideas behind detail, are you a passive observer pointing out constellations in the sky that everyone can see (Ne) or are your insights more personal and you generally feel that others should take heed of your intuitive insights? (Ni).

T/F. Do you think and make decisions with logic, facts, details and math, or do you weigh the emotional value of a situation to find the next best step? Sounds like you prefer the former. As a thinker, do you feel that your thoughts are uniquely yours (subjective logic) and that your logic sometimes doesn't get picked up all that well by others (Ti), or do you see logic as something as obvious as math written on a chalk board for everyone with half a mind to see (Te). If you're not an F, F still may be your shadow, so you'd need to understand what you try to avoid here. Do your feelings come from within and that they make you unique (Fi), or do you feel that your emotions bind you to the external world (Fe)?

Your P/J preference should be worked out from the above, but do you feel very strongly about the things you think and say as if the fact that they are your ideas makes them more meaningful to you, or do you just sortta sit back and notice things and then draw others' attention to them.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me save you some time, if you will.

I/E is pretty easy. Do you feel energized when you bring yourself to the world, or do you prefer to remained fixed and bring the world to yourself?

S/N. Do you think in details/specifics, or in theories? If you like details, do you rely upon what has worked in the past(si), or do you have a keen mind for specifics?(Se). If you see patterns and ideas behind detail, are you a passive observer pointing out constellations in the sky that everyone can see (Ne) or are your insights more personal and you generally feel that others should take heed of your intuitive insights? (Ni).

T/F. Do you think and make decisions with logic, facts, details and math, or do you weigh the emotional value of a situation to find the next best step? Sounds like you prefer the former. As a thinker, do you feel that your thoughts are uniquely yours (subjective logic) and that your logic sometimes doesn't get picked up all that well by others (Ti), or do you see logic as something as obvious as math written on a chalk board for everyone with half a mind to see (Te). If you're not an F, F still may be your shadow, so you'd need to understand what you try to avoid here. Do your feelings come from within and that they make you unique (Fi), or do you feel that your emotions bind you to the external world (Fe)?

Your P/J preference should be worked out from the above, but do you feel very strongly about the things you think and say as if the fact that they are your ideas makes them more meaningful to you, or do you just sortta sit back and notice things and then draw others' attention to them.

I hope this helps.
Going off your chart I came out:

E
Si
Te
J

And amazingly, that fits better than anything else I've read. Thank you! You've been an incredible help!

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Going off your chart I came out:

E
Si
Te
J

And amazingly, that fits better than anything else I've read. Thank you! You've been an incredible help!
That (not so) coincidentally breaks down into the four cognitive functions of the ESTJ, Te primary, Si auxiliary Ne tertiary and Fi inferior/shadow. Read up on Fi and you should find it naturally alarming/revolting. If it does, I'd say you're an ESTJ for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That (not so) coincidentally breaks down into the four cognitive functions of the ESTJ, Te primary, Si auxiliary Ne tertiary and Fi inferior/shadow. Read up on Fi and you should find it naturally alarming/revolting. If it does, I'd say you're an ESTJ for sure.
It seems ESTJs have issues with maintaining a level of emotional availability in relationships...

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Make checklists of all your possible type and make the one with the most attributes that you fit your type. That's how I became a 5.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just from what you've said about yourself Julia, I'm going to guess you're an ESTP or ESTJ. I don't trust the tests, not even the function order ones. :dry:

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I found going on the few boards that I thought I was helped me figure out which type I am (although it appears I've grown Se equal to my Ne! Damn my lack on consistency!)
At first I did a few tests and mostly came out as INTJ or INTP. Looking at the boards I found I didn't feel at home on them (although the people were great, I just couldn't quite relate). Then I looked at functions and thought ENFP might be right. Although I felt a bit better on those boards it still felt wrong. Then I got ENTP suggested and so far I've found I can relate to alot on those boards. Then I did another functions test at random and found my Se was high so I looked at ESTP and found I related equally to that >_>;
You could also ask friends and family, but only if you're close, because otherwise they just see the image you project.
I found function tests worked best too, especially reading up on what they meant, but Si still confuses the hell out of me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts