Personality Cafe banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
If your profile information is correct, you are older than most of us here. You should know better, about life, the world, and the answers to your questions. It is not very profitable to get validation from the younger generation. At most, we're good for throwing ideas with. Maybe different opinions and perspectives are needed, but it is a stretch, at least for me, to truly understand where you're coming from.

Sorry I'm not of much help. I'm in a difficult situation in real life, as many people are. I can't afford many hours of staying in the safety of my head anymore.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dear Sei35
I too am in a difficult situation in life. I just recently started taking Prozac. Maybe I should have been taking it all along, because my emotions and ideas have ruled my life. I am used to people not getting me but I always come here thinking I can find those dreamers and idealists who will. My life stink and I pretty much just want to die, but for some reason this gives me a reason to live. I like to think and I think alot. I guess I do live in my head. That certainly makes life a challenge.

I have plenty of ideas. I have am exercise device I use that is based on using opposing muscle groups to create resistance. My best know effort is Rockwood Tiny house Designs that eliminate ladders to get to a sleeping loft and try to make a tiny house feel and function like a normal house. I write children's stories that no one reads but feel getting children to enjoy thinking is important. I have a new sieve for prime numbers no one really is interested in or cares about. I designed a total access tool box where every tool is within reach and in it designated stop so you can also tell which toll you are missing. I even want to created a different approach to learning and speaking in English focusing on muscle memory and have lines like,,, The scout and hound went out and found the route around the crowded town and There in the bear's spare chair stared a scared girl with fair golden hair. One along that thought I wrote a probably inappropriate children's book a about a spoiled girl who was not satisfied with any thing so see terrorized the bear community know as Good-at-Locks.

I have a son that won't talk to me, and a fiance who thinks I am wasting my time. I do at times think she is right but either because I have some illusion that I and everyone matters and we can be more than we are or that it is just fun to make believe humanity can do better than this. The ways of government and our economy have never made sense to me. I think they are ineffective and do more harm than good and distort the reality of the universe in order to perpetuate their existence. But obviously people are locked in and believe things will get better or there is no alternative. I see that things only really change when something better makes the old obsolete. I just keep looking for people who would be willing to try.

Life stinks, we screw things up and cant fix them. Love is likely a bio-chemical deal that makes us procreate and continue as a species. Probably Islam will rule the world in another 100 years and things will be better then because we will return to a 6 century mindset and way of life. We will believe that the sun rises and goes back into a puddle of water somewhere, and women will somehow go back to a world where their value is about one fourth of what a man and his word is. But the world will be safe and all knowledge and culture outside of the Koran with be destroyed and forgotten. But humanity will be ignorant of others things, and we will live in harmony with the earth. So all of this will not likely matter, but there is something in me making me believe humanity can be more and that others would want to get there too. I hope your life gets better. Don't be like me and whoever lives with anxiety and depression get help, don't think it is normal to live in a hell your thoughts beat you with every minute. Be OK when people commit suicide because they are finally out of a world of suffering they can no longer bear. And with that I am out of here for a while until I start to think maybe there are others like me here. You all are great and help me to see things better. And that is not sarcastic I am serious.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love is likely a bio-chemical deal that makes us procreate and continue as a species.

That was Arthur Schopenhauer's philosophy but it's right regarding sexual drive, libido.
Love is an unfathomable thing beyond body and time.

I like to think and I think alot. I guess I do live in my head. That certainly makes life a challenge.

Over rationalizing like you do isn't very challenging.
I personally never took Prozac or anything like that but I'm not surprised your on medication for you sound weird, quite zombie like, not natural.
Again, I don't mean to be hurtful I tell you my impressions.
I have the strong impression you are not in touch with how you feel and your inner purpose man.

Don't be like me and whoever lives with anxiety and depression get help, don't think it is normal to live in a hell your thoughts beat you with every minute.

What kind of painful thoughts?

·
Registered
686 Posts
“The first step to the knowledge of the highest divine symbol of the wonder and mystery of life is in the recognition of the monstrous nature of life and its glory in that character: the realization that this is just how it is and that it cannot and will not be changed.

Those who think—and their name is legion—that they know how the universe could have been better than it is, how it would have been had they created it, without pain, without sorrow, without time, without life, are unfit for illumination. Or those who think—as do many—“Let me first correct society, then get around to myself” are barred from even the outer gate of the mansion of God’s peace.

All societies are evil, sorrowful, inequitable; and so they will always be. So if you really want to help this world, what you will have to teach is how to live in it. And that no one can do who has not himself learned how to live in it in the joyful sorrow and sorrowful joy of the knowledge of life as it is.”

Joseph Campbell, Myths to Live By

·
Registered
34 Posts
And also, since you want to change the world it's a matter of changing one way of being and inner attitude (one perception of the world is a perception not the world in itself so the perception is very important).

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should try to listen to Elliott Smith, he was a magician.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So? He was a very sensitive songwriter, not a role model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Functionaloneness. Osho said;

"Your dreams are like intoxicants. You can drink alcohol, but how long can you remain in it? Tomorrow you will be back, and all the worries and all the anxieties will be back, and you were trying to escape from them. There is no escape. There is only understanding – which helps. Escape does not help at all, your troubles will go on increasing. But that’s what we are doing with our dreams. All our dreams are our ego projections."

Understanding oneself! To me this is indeed essential because how someone who is unfulfilled, full of problems and anxieties could make the world a better place?

Reactions: Fennel
21 - 29 of 29 Posts