Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems each of the body types share this same concern - "I'm not a casualty of life", or that they can be above the pain and suffering of just being a person, or they can turn their trauma into something else. Denying that life can affect them.

• 8s are the most explicit in this sense - instead of accepting their trauma, they seek to inact trauma on the world, and look for enemies to wound and friends to protect. They become aggressive, dominating and sadistic as a result.

• 9s are the least explicit - instead of accepting their trauma, they tune it out and pretend that things don't affect them. They become numb, stubborn, dissociated and neglectful as a result.

• 1s, instead of accepting their trauma, twist and turn it into what they "should" be doing, avoiding what they "shouldn't" be doing. They become rigid, critical and resentful of others who won't listen or try as hard as them.
Each of these is concerned with strength, and being "stronger" than life, or not letting life affect you or your behaviour. In the end, they all share the same path in life - to accept that they too, and their loved ones, can be victims and causalities, and sometimes there's nothing you can really "do" about any of it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If I let my world fall apart by succumbing to a pessimistic point of view, I certainly would be a casualty in a sense, but when I asked the world to take me to the other side, it refused.
I was willing to embrace my death with open arms, and I was denied.

There is a point in a persons life when death feels like a kindness.
When you beg for death to take you away.. and then when it doesnt, youre forced to deal with your emotions.

When youve felt that point.. where youve lost everything you worked for.. where youve failed at the one thing you wanted to accomplish in this life, and youre wandering aimless and unattached..
when nothing feels worthy except the next moment, the next meal, the next heart-ache..
because thats all you have now.. no longer do you have a future. Now you just own the moment.
and thats good enough..
within that moment.

and before you know it, youve created a life for yourself.
and thats good. thats bad. Thats.. okay. =]
and thats all the living can really ask, or expect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
8s are the most explicit in this sense - instead of accepting their trauma, they seek to inact trauma on the world, and look for enemies to wound and friends to protect. They become aggressive, dominating and sadistic as a result.
Hmm, you sure about this? Where does this come from? Are you sure you're not making a caricature of 8s?

·
Registered
591 Posts
where youve lost everything you worked for.. where youve failed at the one thing you wanted to accomplish in this life, and youre wandering aimless and unattached..
No.

when I asked the world to take me to the other side, it refused.
No!

because thats all you have now.. no longer do you have a future.
NO.

10 weeks and maximum effort.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, we're talking about personality type - it's hard not to make sweeping generalisations.
I wouldn't go so far as to say 8s seek to enact their trauma on the world and make enemies of others. It is more so.. refusing to accept situations that may be traumatic -- and fighting against it.

I guess you could say if trauma occurs, there's a vengeful streak. I would +1 that

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't go so far as to say 8s seek to enact their trauma on the world and make enemies of others. It is more so.. refusing to accept situations that may be traumatic -- and fighting against it.

I guess you could say if trauma occurs, there's a vengeful streak. I would +1 that
"To protect the sheep, you catch the wolf - and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts