Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like since a lot of us INFP's tend to get very nostalgic we should have a thread to just post some memories we might be thinking of,it's good to get them out in some way.

I was thinking about this one time where He grabbed my hand and I was about to let go as always and he said "don't let go" and kept ahold of my hand for quite some time,that's when I was fourteen and everything was fresh and innocent.
I also remember when we were walking by the lake at my house and he turned to me and said
"look straight into my eyes and tell me you don't like me" I got so upset and flustered because I knew I couldn't do that and I actually ended up smacking him in the face :dry:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I go to the local pizza parlor with my best friend often, not only because I love the pizza... but because it reminds me of high school (its one block away from it). I miss the geeky group of friends I was with. Its been so long since the gang was all together again.

4,757 Posts
Its like I eventually end up getting nostalgic about everything - including the worst periods of my life.

Random memories that spring to mind:

- The sheer difference and novelty of moving to another country. The roads went the wrong way, the vegetation was so comparatively dense and green, being teased for the weirdness of every second word out of my mouth (which, after almost decade, can still happen), all the new foods/candies, the squirrels.

- My outrageous friend from france who didn't take any shit - in english she spoke so nicely and politely but in french she had the filthiest mouth. She used to shoplift because she said that stores laid out everything right in front of you, so what do they expect? She and another friend would skip school and casually stroll into the nicest hotel in the city so they could use their pool. She was the first outrageous and thrilling friend I'd had.

- The second worst period of my life: the sheer amount of emotion I felt, how I would live in books and music as my complete escape from how horrible I felt about myself and my life, how stifling and cozy and insanely warm the house was in winter, how my mum made us chocolate chip cookies for the first time.

- Winter in general - the solitude, the creaking of the snow underfoot, the clear and colourful sky at sunset, the way the black trees would contrast against the sky, listening to It Hasn't Hit Me Yet by Blue Rodeo as they sing: I stand transfixed before the streetlight / Watching the snow fall on this cold December night ... Down in the middle of Lake Ontario - and relieving the exact same experience (and emotions) brought on by the song. Feeling the winter sting my face, huddling under my duvet for warmth, not wanting to get up for class because of the cold, having Timmies coffee, skating badly with my friends, my laces breaking because they're encrusted with salt, the blue that snow turns in the shade, the sheer amount of snow that falls on my city, going to hockey games.

... etc etc :cool:

This is what I love about here: I can be so unabashedly self-indulgent.

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Every winter since two years ago me and my comrades go down to the river by my house and we walk way out over the frozen river to a tiny island on the other side we called skittle rock as we had skittles the first time we went there. the journey takes over an hour and half and looking back once we get across you feel so alive looking back at how far we've come

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have strong feelings of nostalgia on a daily basis and most of the time they put me in a good mood; more gratifying than good. It's good to have these feelings. I can name one moment I've shared like this with every girlfriend I've had, but Im only 21, so it fuels my faith in having those kind of moments with more and more people, rather than feeling like I've lost that person. Times like having a wet shoulder from her tears because Im at the Burbank airport about to fly an hour away- you remember those things and its very satisfying to know that someone who isn't just your family has those kind of feelings toward you.
And as dumb as it sounds, sitting in my buddies garage smoking pot during summers is probably one of the fondest memories I'll have lol we were able to break so many barriers and go down paths in conversation we weren't even aware existed, some of them real, and some of them just for that pot-filled moment :laughing: but good memories nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I attribute some memories to songs and smells. It's so weird.

Anyway, being nostalgic...

I remember going on bush walks all over the hills for hours with my friends in the valley. It'd take us 7 hours of trekking in one direction. Safe to say when we got out of the bush we were pretty damn hungry and smelly. Good stuff.

The single most astounding moment in my life would've probably been at castle point in New Zealand. Standing on the sand dunes on a cold winters night, face to the harbour while the lighthouse casts a continuously moving beam of light through the fog over the water, above our heads, into the hills and all over. Being so far away from the cities the light pollution was zero, the night sky was so incredibly blue and you could really feel the depths of space. And there were shooting stars firing off all over.
It gives me goosebumps just recollecting it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I attribute some memories to songs and smells. It's so weird.

Anyway, being nostalgic...

I remember going on bush walks all over the hills for hours with my friends in the valley. It'd take us 7 hours of trekking in one direction. Safe to say when we got out of the bush we were pretty damn hungry and smelly. Good stuff.

The single most astounding moment in my life would've probably been at castle point in New Zealand. Standing on the sand dunes on a cold winters night, face to the harbour while the lighthouse casts a continuously moving beam of light through the fog over the water, above our heads, into the hills and all over. Being so far away from the cities the light pollution was zero, the night sky was so incredibly blue and you could really feel the depths of space. And there were shooting stars firing off all over.
It gives me goosebumps just recollecting it.

No it's not! That happens to me too :3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Once, when I was around seven and my brother was five , we were dismantling a local banking branch whilst Mom was doing her thing..... when a quietly spoken teller wearing familiar looking glasses told us , if we could behave he would share a secret ..... Inquisitively we complied and he told us not to tell anyone but . . . . . he was actually superman, the real superman ! I believed this until I was at least eleven . ..

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I remember when I was a kid my cousins would come over and the neighborhood kids and us would go on long trails around the neighborhood just to see what we run into. We usually ended in the woods or at a park we had never seen before. And we would always cross this bridge and some of us would just walk on it while some of us would crawl on the railing that was under it to get over. It was kind of dangerous but fun.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The small of an old book always reminds me of the time I read the chronicals of narnia, back when I was 10. Also finding random t.v. clips on youtube always remind me of my childhood.

This is for all the canadians:tongue:

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The first time I got in trouble in school I was with my best friend at the time,my first best friend kaylah and we were drawing christmas trees and presents underneath them and we kept talking so the teacher took our chairs and made us stand while working which we thought was even funnier haha

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Most of mine is with my family, When I was little I had a big family with lots of cousins etc,
We all used to go to my Nans house a lot and us kids would all stick together and just play and do stuff, There was about 11-14 of us.

As I've grown though, Some Parents have fallen out, My nan passed away (she the closes I've been to anyone ever) People moved, us kids grew up. :crying:

I'm one of the youngest in the whole family and I'm 18 now, few of my cousins are in their 20's and few even have some kids of their own. The ones younger then me are in a younger generation culture so there ain't much in common anymore and hardly same interests. >.<

Miss those days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts