Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you guys think? I'd say this weird, logically illogical humor is so NT it's become a parody of it. The main characters are like ENTPs on shrooms, and their friend Geek is, if I had to guess, ENTJ.

Some of you have probably played the games, they're also great.

If you don't know who Sam & Max are and it bothers you to watch the vid, here are some quotes to make your day:

Sam & Max said:
Sam: By the way, Max. That was a brilliant idea, stuffing the muffler full of thousands and thousands of match heads and igniting them thereupon providing adequate thrust to break free of the earth's pull.
Max: Thanks, Sam. I thought it up with my huge brain.

Minister of Science: The basic molecular structure of your little friend is still vastly compromised. Hand me that staple gun.

Sam: Sometime we should sit down and have a spiritual discussion about the sanctity of life.
Max: BLAM! And then he was mucilage! Did you say something, Sam?
Sam: Forget it, little buddy.

Sam: My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
Max: Me too.

Max: Good lord, he's buck naked.
Sam: So are you.
Max: Yeah, but I'm cute and marketable.

Sam (holding a bomb): Max, where should I put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?
Max: Out the window, Sam. There's nothing but strangers out there.

Guinea Pig Chieftain: Pardon my insolence, but no true Chosen One would turn down a gift from his people, especially one as nice as the hollowed out carcass of a close personal friend!

Sam: It's a plain old itty bitty Earth-roach and he's packing heat.
Max: I don't like the look on his face. It's cold. Calculated. Almost inhuman!

I just love 'em. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max is definitely T. He's just a bit psycho. :) They both have very Ne-like ideas and they talk like a parody of NTs so I figured they were ENTPs.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Max is definitely T. He's just a bit psycho. :) They both have very Ne-like ideas and they talk like a parody of NTs so I figured they were ENTPs.
Well I'm judging based on the games.. In the original game, I would say Max is ENTP, in the newer ones, he's a bit more F, so I could argue either way, but Ne-dom for sure.

I see Sam as more of a parody of an STJ type-- the straight guy, by the book. Of course it doesn't quite come out like that :)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I just watched the clip you posted. Sam's personality is quite different there. He's more STJ in the games, see this clip:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NeedsNewNameNow said:
I just watched the clip you posted. Sam's personality is quite different there. He's more STJ in the games.
Wow, Sam is definitely much more "normal" and calmer in the games than in the series. I've played them long ago, I totally forgot what they were like. You're right, the game Sam does seem a bit xSTJ (ESTJ? They're all kinda extroverted). Could be anything, really. They're so random it doesn't even matter what type they are, it's the dialogue and the humor that made me think "NT".

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Wow, Sam is definitely much more "normal" and calmer in the games than in the series. I've played them long ago, I totally forgot what they were like. You're right, the game Sam does seem a bit xSTJ (ESTJ? They're all kinda extroverted). Could be anything, really. They're so random it doesn't even matter what type they are, it's the dialogue and the humor that made me think "NT".
In the game, Sam usually sets up Max's jokes and one-liners. He does crack some of his own

It is filled with Ne humor for sure! Likely NTP, It's the kind of stories I'd write and have written

1 - 8 of 8 Posts