Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I am not the only person here who has connected with someone on an "emotional/intellectual" level prior to actually meeting them in person.

You feel a chemistry with a person that surpasses most others. You make plans to meet. You anticipate they will prove to be as interesting,amusing, intelligent and most importantly, emotionally adult as you are.

The day is set to finally meet and for whatever reason, one of you must cancel. Whether it be career commitments, children, illness etc. Life has a way of throwing curve balls into our best laid plans.

You HOPE the person will be understanding enough to reschedule the time to meet. Instead you are faced with tempermental indifference and all ties are severed.

I know how I analyze situations such as this.... I am interested if others have faced a similar situation such as this and what you think/feel after the fallout.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hmmm... I wouldn't be terribly impressed, TBH. I think it displays possible ulterior motives for meeting up. If the pther person was merely interested in meeting to see if your online chemistry translates into real-life chemistry, you would expect greater patience and flexibility. Unfortunately, I think it is easier to *fake* genuine interest and a connection with someone online than in real life, with a view to meeting them in person (for whatever reason).

I dunno, I guess it's hard to say what this person's motives are, but if they weren't willing to facilitate the obstacles life throws at us they obviously weren't as mature/interested/genuine as you thought they were. I hope you find someone more genuine in the future.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Umm... it's always really different when you meet the person. It's nerve wracking really, not knowing what it'll be like in person. I met one of my best friends (ENFP) online, and meeting her in real life was really awkward at first!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed.... chatting online or communicating on the phone is completely different than a face to face.

Everyone is entitled to their own feelings, but I have to agree that in this particular case going off the deep end was a little much, especially when deep down the person is a decent person. Little can be said for anothers reaction to things, we can't control who might throw a hissy fit or who might be understanding.

All in all, it was for the best not meeting. I can't stand being manipulated by childish behaviour. Life is meant to be savoured and enjoyed on so many levels. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yeah, ljoy65... he was probably not worth it if he didn't either show up or apologized for it decently.. Don't worry though, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Besides, INFPs are awesome.. no way you'll stay single for too long ; )

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
This is why I wait for a while before meeting. I want their craziness to be revealed. Consider yourself lucky for exposing it so soon. No need to waste anymore time with this person.

Reactions: ljoy65

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Ladies for your input. I was merely venting as it is difficult for Me to wrap my head around why some people react the way they do when they don't get their own way. I expect young children to throw tantrums, not grown Men, yet I have seen it all too often.

I'm not concerned, I know what I deserve and you are right, he isn't worth it nor was he the only person seeking me out. I was more attracted to his "IQ" than anything.

I know my worth and am not lonely. We as females have choices in life. We are strong independent individuals who need not worry about whether or not we have men in our lives.

Hugs,

LJ :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.