Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will not be a deep thread where we explore the corners of the psyche. It will be a fun thread. I wonder if Personality Cafe members would like to share about times they flirted or were being flirted with. Was it obvious or subtle? Did the flirting capture your -- or the other person's-- interest?

My recent adventure takes place at the laundromat I've been using since my washing machine broke:

I'm alone. It's early morning. I'm standing at a table folding clothes, next to big windows.
I hear a loud "Vrrooom!" from a motorcycle.
I look out the window to my right and see a man sitting on a bike at the intersection.
I go back to folding my clothes.
Then I hear it again, "Vrroom-vrrooom!"
I ignore it this time, thinking it's him taking off, but seconds later, I hear it again, even louder! "Vrroom, VRROOOOOM!"

I look up, thinking, What in the world? and find the same man still sitting at the intersection, looking at me with this big smile! Oh my gosh, he's looking at me! I must have looked surprised because he smiled even bigger. I felt a blush coming on and smiled back. He gave me a small wave and then sped off.

Caught me off guard, but fun.

Please share your own stories!

·
Banned
954 Posts
My best flirts are on the web. Here is one from today:

Me: that [Skype] avatar does not look so much like you, but still looks like a schemer
Her: same eye and hair color. how much like a cartoon do I look anyway >_>
Me: cartoons represent our fantasies of human beings, and you do look like a fantasy
Her: haha, thats one I haven't heard b4

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a second I thought the thread was called The oblivious flirt thread which in my case would probably be more accurate! XD
I actually considered that as the title because I can be so oblivious myself!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was at the gas station one day, and after I had finished filling up and got back in my car, I heard a tap on my window. I thought I had dropped something outside, so I rolled down my window, and the man standing there just said, "I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful." And that's it. He just walked away. I don't even know if I said thank you, I was so taken aback. A similar thing happened at the grocery store, too.

I don't think it constitutes as flirting, but it was such a feel-good, random moment and GMH that people are out there just being nice without expecting anything in return.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at the gas station one day, and after I had finished filling up and got back in my car, I heard a tap on my window. I thought I had dropped something outside, so I rolled down my window, and the man standing there just said, "I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful." And that's it. He just walked away. I don't even know if I said thank you, I was so taken aback. A similar thing happened at the grocery store, too.

I don't think it constitutes as flirting, but it was such a feel-good, random moment and GMH that people are out there just being nice without expecting anything in return.
Flirting or not, that's so great!

·
Banned
710 Posts

I've honestly fantasized of doing something like that to many girls, but i've never had the guts. There seems something strangely romantic about showing your appreciation for someone without expecting anything in return.

And to be honest it kind of makes a lot of sense, because if you approach a stranger in the middle of the day theres probably a 95% chance they wont want to start a relationship with you. :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
I once said hi to a girl.

Does that count?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I once said hi to a girl.

Does that count?
If you were flirting, it sure does!
And @thwoomp, I think if you are thinking about it, you should just do it. It's really nice to have someone compliment you out of the blue and if you calmly walk away, it won't get awkward!

Reactions: Father of Dragons

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I am a horrible flirt, I just can't do it. And the funny thing is sometimes I say things in a totally non-flirty way but they take it like I'm making a move. For example, one evening my good friend and I had been talking in the street for 3 hours, it was the middle of winter and there was a freezing breeze going on. The evening was turning into night, and everything was calm and the atmosphere was quite romantic now that I think about it in restrospect. But at the time I didn't realise how romantic it must have felt for my friend. So we were talking, and I was starting to get frozen, and I said to him "Brrrr it's so cold, hug me, no?" and I grinned. He stared at me and I realised "Oh shit, that sounded awkward, oh no". And I hoped my friend would forget that phrase. But a week later he asked me out. I'm pretty sure the hug comment made him think he had green light with me :( Our 16-year friendship disintegrated soon afterwards.
I'm very inappropriate with words. I can't flirt when I like someone, and when I don't like someone I say awkward phrases that sound flirty to them. Oh lord...:blushed:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I was talking to this guy from class about running for a position on the student council. I've known him for about 2 days.

Him: I'm running for president. You?
Me: I have no idea. Maybe I should just run for president so I can be king.
Him: Don't you mean queen.
Me: NO I want to be king.
Him: Well you can be my queen when I win.

I didn't realise he was flirting with me. It's pretty creepy tbh.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I was talking to this guy from class about running for a position on the student council. I've known him for about 2 days.

I'd be your Queen phony! :wink:

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I am not much of a flirt, unless you considered bantering flirting which I do. However, I banter with people I don't like as well. That means flirting for me boils all down to the eyes and the smile. When I am really interested in a person, it generally shows in my eyes. It's all about how I look at you and not so much the words I actually say.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've honestly fantasized of doing something like that to many girls, but i've never had the guts. There seems something strangely romantic about showing your appreciation for someone without expecting anything in return.

And to be honest it kind of makes a lot of sense, because if you approach a stranger in the middle of the day theres probably a 95% chance they wont want to start a relationship with you. :p
Omg do it!! Short, sweet and to the point and then walk off into the great wide nowhere and disappear. It'll likely make her day - or month!

·
Registered
508 Posts

BUT I THINK THAT WAS CUTE! (unless if you have zero attraction towards him)

·
Banned
710 Posts
Omg do it!! Short, sweet and to the point and then walk off into the great wide nowhere and disappear. It'll likely make her day - or month!
I'll hop on my white steed, and ride into the sunset. :p

You're getting me motivated now, if i see a worthy lass i might just have to do it. XD

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.