Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So, you think you're tough?!

Are you asking for a challenge?!

Well then, this just might be the thread for you.

Welcome to the official thread dedicated to bringing you unique and interesting challenges! A thread brought to you by the world's most inventive and creative geniuses, the ENTPs.

All types are encouraged to participate!

Now that we have you attention, here's a brief rundown of what this is all about and how it works:

This is the main thread. The discussion taking place in this thread is for the development and formulation of all the officially recognized challenges. The challenges themselves, once they are approved by the community, will be announced and linked to from here, but will have their own thread for which people will post in regards to.

Each challenge will be worth a certain number of points, arbitrarily determined, based on uniqueness, awesomeness, amount of fun, and degree of difficulty. These points will be awarded to you upon successful completion of the challenge.

In addition to the points, you will receive one additional point for each Thank you receive on your challenge results post, should you decide to participate. Thanks will count toward your score even if you fail the challenge. This means that you can still earn points despite failing to successfully complete a challenge, as long as you try.

What's the point to points?

Ah, I'm glad you asked! Based on a highly scientific and complex set of math rules, we've developed a method of ranking every participant against all other participants to determine the Number One Challenge Slayer!

Here's the current #1 Challenge Slayer:
[dynamic image will be here in the near future]

Here's a link to the entire leaderboard so you can see what position you're in:
[link here in the near future]

Ready to accept a challenge?

Below you'll find a list of all available challenges. Challenges do not expire, so if you see one you haven't done before, go for it!

Official ENTP Challenge - Tree climb and Aerial Photo - 5 points

This post is subject to updates at anytime. Maintenance provided by @jdstankosky. Please notify him via PM if you experience any issues.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Something easy. How about climb on a tree and take a selfie with view of a height?
Sure. Hold on :p Its 8PM it might take a while

·
Registered
807 Posts
That is not easy :eek: It is very very really dangerous. Yes, you can drop the phone->danger for the phone, you can also drop yourself and then what? Little kids will laugh at you because they have never seen anyone older than 9 climb on a tree except firefighters saving cats. For N types, it is like self destruction doing sports:p, but I guess the hardest part for everyone nowadays is to find a tree or at least a good one to climb on.

(Maybe we should have a challenge about talking shit:))

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sure. Hold on :p Its 8PM it might take a while
Are you already climbing it?

That is not easy :eek: It is very very really dangerous. Yes, you can drop the phone->danger for the phone, you can also drop yourself and then what? Little kids will laugh at you because they have never seen anyone older than 9 climb on a tree except firefighters saving cats. For N types, it is like self destruction doing sports:p, but I guess the hardest part for everyone nowadays is to find a tree or at least a good one to climb on.
Are you serious? Or is it a sarcasm?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Are you already climbing it?
Need to leave the house first

Edit: Its pouring rain outside. Do I get extra for that? If I dont I'll try it in a couple hours :tongue: when its stops.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now THAT is a challenge for someone :laughing:

@jdstankosky I guess that we will have a separate threads for determined challenges? Or how?
Yeah, once a challenge has been determined be:

a) Doable
b) Provable
c) Relatively safe from lawsuits
d) Well outlined

Then a new thread will be created in the following manner:

Title Example:
Official ENTP Challenge - Tree climb and Aerial Photo - 5 points

Body Example:

Hey everyone! The first challenge has been decided! For this challenge you must climb a tree and take a photograph of yourself in such a way that the viewer can see that you are, indeed, high up in a tree (unless you're in a little tree, which case you aren't adhering to the spirit of the ENTP Challenges).

Reminder: You gain bonus points for the number of Thanks you receive on your submission, so, as always, BE CREATIVE!

Submit your proof of completion (or PoC) to this thread. Do NOT submit it to the main thread.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once the thread has been made, announce it's creation in here with a link to it, I'll add the link to the OP.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
I think @Aha should mention everyone here.

Also, @jdstankosky, you know you can only edit for the first 24 hours after it's been posted, right?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I did the first challenge but the photo looks like shit (Night shot, too far top of the tree the flash doesnt show the ground...ugh..
Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow.

Also accidentally stepped in a quicksand while scouting for a tree. So there is that.... my feet are all mud.

Reactions: Polexia

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I did the first challenge but the photo looks like shit (Night shot, too far top of the tree the flash doesnt show the ground...ugh..
Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow.

Also accidentally stepped in a quicksand while scouting for a tree. So there is that.... my feet are all mud.
First casualties :laughing:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think @Aha should mention everyone here.

Also, @jdstankosky, you know you can only edit for the first 24 hours after it's been posted, right?
Did not know that. That is absolutely retarded. This is the first time I've ever been on a forum that was like that.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,317 Posts
Great initiative! :D and lol. yeah, tree climbing can be hazardous. :p When I found one that looked like:

1. climbable for a newbie
2. one that would minimize the risk of falling down
3. minimal hazard for a major klutz like me to hurt myself while climbing up/down and while being in the tree.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Great initiative! :D and lol. yeah, tree climbing can be hazardous. :p When I found one that looked like:

1. climbable for a newbie
2. one that would minimize the risk of falling down
3. minimal hazard for a major klutz like me to hurt myself while climbing up/down and while being in the tree.
What I learned from my experience:

DO NOT CLIMB DURING RAIN.
DO NOT CLIMB AT NIGHT.

seriously.. dont.

oh.. and DO NOT STAND ON QUICKSANDS, Especially not after a rain! AND DEFINITELY NOT AT NIGHT!

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
You sound like you live in a "Indiana Jones" movie. Next time don't forget your whip and hat and you should be ok. :wink:
I can't! @xdollie. stole my whip. Wonder why.. huh.:unsure:

1 - 20 of 562 Posts