Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 489 Posts

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
But what do you want to know?
That's for you to observe and me to find out :p
I'm just always looking for ways to get better.
Yay progress!
My biggest weakness right now... is probably in between the lane fights and team fights...
I can usually out lane my opponent. And in team fights, I play bursts, so it's pretty easy to spot those opportunities...

But I'm not good at the other stuff so much maybe.
I've actually been on a pretty hard winning streak recently.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
That's for you to observe and me to find out :p
I'm just always looking for ways to get better.
That implies that I'm somewhat of a mind-reader and/or that I'm watching your games, which I'm not :p

My biggest weakness right now... is probably in between the lane fights and team fights...
I can usually out lane my opponent. And in team fights, I play bursts, so it's pretty easy to spot those opportunities...
But I'm not good at the other stuff so much maybe.
Team-fights can be annoying. Even when you do everything right, sometimes your team won't (or can't), so you'll lose anyway. It's not uncommon that people will focus the Malphite even after they were told to hit the Ashe...

Liandry's + Rylai's is a good combination due to Rylai's giving you the double damage on Liandry's.
As mid, you shouldn't be buying a sightstone, but buying wards periodically is always appreciated.

Minions can destroy towers, so keep lanes pushed. Develop minimap awareness. Call MIAs. Learn where wards should be placed. Don't push someone else's lane during early-game. Learn the art of last hitting minions for more money. Take dragon and buffs when it's safe.

Yeah, I'm going to need more specific questions :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
I play lol but no Ranked for me. I find rank has more rager, more trolls, more wannabe pros
I find normals more chill. There's way less ragers, also way less trolls.

I swear to god there's less ragers in Normals. Probably only around one in fifty games. Even then, there will only be one out of five and they can easily be ignored.

Also I don't play ranked because of lack of champ pool and runes (I only have two page rune and only an AP rune page (incomplete, all flat AP with no regen or whatever else you need) and an AD rune page (All flat AD except I have all armour seals. I used to go for tanky runes until season three when bruisers became OP. I bought all AD runes then). And in most of my games like 1200 ELO, They all had tons of runes, tf?

Fave champs are:
Mid: Vladimir, Zyra, Lux*, Orianna* sometimes Katarina
Top: Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, Jayce, Olaf, Singed!, Rumble
Jungle: Mundo, Rengar (RIP nerfbat) [used to have Skarner here until his nerf]
ADC: Ezreal*, Caitlyn
Support: Blitz, Nunu, Taric

* - denotes champs that I don't own. Only played them in free weeks

My fave lol sports team is Team FeaR

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Wee surveys.

Who are your favorite champions?

I have the most fun on Karthus, Anivia, Cho'Gath, and Viktor.

What lanes are you most comfortable with?
As you can probably tell by my favorite champs, mid is my favorite role (I play Cho both mid and jungle). I'm second most comfortable on support and third most on jungle. I'll usually only play ad carry if I'm premade with my support because I know I'll get carried. Top is my least played role and it shows.

What modes do you enjoy playing in?
I play summoner's rift almost exclusively. I play ARAM every now and then when I feel like just goofing around and not tryharding. I play dominion and twisted treeline once in a blue moon. I don't play bot games.

How often do you play?
I'd say I average about 3-4 games a day because it's the main game I play right now so it eats a lot of my free time.

Would you be interested in playing community games with the PerC community?
Sure.

Have any PerC friends who play?
Not to my awareness.

What sort of player are you? Do you enjoy being aggressive? Passive? Defensive?
On champs like Karthus and Anivia, I'm usually focused more on farming than anything else because they're mainly a threat mid and late game. On other champions, I tend to be more aggressive unless I get counter picked, although coincidentally, almost none of my favorite champions have a built in escape skill so I try not to get too crazy.

Are you more of a leader or a follower?
I lead to a certain extent. I notice I'm usually the first one to make a dragon or baron call, for example. Although if someone else on my team makes a suggestion, I'll usually consider it unless I think it's a bad call.

Do you often communicate with your team?
I call out everything you're "supposed" to like mias, where wards are, pinging when I intend to gank, etc.

Would you prefer communication to be vocal (via Skype or other system), or through text?
I prefer voice chat because it saves time and you can actually use abilities while communicating information.

What are some of the champions you hate facing against most?
I can't say I'm too fond of this trend of sending Lee Sin and Kha'Zix mid. I also dislike Fizz because he's difficult to lane against as most of my favorite mids. Which is annoying enough, but hearing "LUNCH TIME" in that grating prepubescent voice makes me hate him even more. Playing against a team that has Soraka when you're Karthus is also frustrating because you can't ult until hers is down.

Who has the most awesome personality?
Lulu has all the best quotes. How can you not like someone who says "A solid giggle should do the trick," "I recommend skipping," and "Yep, that tasted purple?"

Who has the greatest jokes?
Heimerdinger.

What champions do you enjoy playing alongside with?
A few online friends and I like doing cheese comps every now and then. For example, we once ran a knockup team because it's the only form of cc not affected by tenacity, QSS, or cleanse, so once someone got pulled by Blitzcrank we just chained our knockups and there was nothing they could do. We also sometimes run a dunk comp in which we have champions like Darius, Leona, and Jarvan which obviously not the most strategic team around, but leads to hilarious moments in Vent when it works.

Aside from gimmicks like that, I like just about anyone with a form of hard cc just because of how well they synergize with most of my favorites (Karthus has no hard cc, on Viktor you can use your field to stun them longer, on Cho'Gath it makes landing your knockup easy, on Anivia it makes them unable to dodge your stun, etc.). Amumu and Blitzcrank are my favorite "cc bots" because they have some of the strongest chain cc I know.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't play it too frequently anymore (DotA2, Starcraft2, AoE nowadays). I don't like it as a competetive game, though I'm sure I could go 2200+ ELO (solo/duo) if you put a gun to my head.

When I have time I will consider playing with some of you.

//Meow

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
You can't just mute the bad ones? Not everyone is toxic.
You can, but then I would be forced to mute 80%+ of the community and that is too much of a bother :p Even in WoW that also imo has a pretty toxic community, especially on non-RP servers, the only people I ignored were bots. I don't really tend to use the ignore function. Also, ignoring people you are teamed up with is a problem as well, because you need to be able to communicate and you can't do that if you have another person on ignore.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Ooh ooh! I want expert LoL advice. >.>
Unless you can afford several rune pages, I would suggest pick up mana regen/level runes if you play mana users. Even on some like Lux I find that mana is a problem early to mid game.

But of course, how you play is highly dependent on the champion in the end. You don't go mp5 runes on Katarina since she has no mana bar. Then you either go mr or more AP. Similarly, if you play top it's better to get armor but if you play mid better to get mr in order to take less damage early game.

Also, how you build also matters depending on how you rune.
I'm not an expert :laughing: My "ELO" is probably only 1300 (if I were to play ranked, which I don't).

Yeah, I'm around 1300-1500 rating (pretty sure I could go up to 1500 and sit there rather comfortably if I had a reliable team to play with, 1350 was very comfy for me after reset and I felt that's where I was supposed to be at the time) and I have played with Yours and FacelessBeauty and I didn't realize how much of a skill gap there is between them and us. I joined a game with them and absolutely face raped the opposing team since the system is made so you are teamed up with other people of your skill. I think it does this by trying to even out your W/L ratio to 50/50 if you play random SR.

And I don't even consider myself that good. I really know that I'm especially weak as mid and carry. I'm surprisingly good at support and part jungle. It's annoying though since most people want to play carry or mid so those roles are the hardest to practice.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Ooh ooh! I want expert LoL advice. >.>
I'm not an expert :laughing: My "ELO" is probably only 1300 (if I were to play ranked, which I don't).

That implies that I'm somewhat of a mind-reader and/or that I'm watching your games, which I'm not :p

Team-fights can be annoying. Even when you do everything right, sometimes your team won't (or can't), so you'll lose anyway. It's not uncommon that people will focus the Malphite even after they were told to hit the Ashe...

Liandry's + Rylai's is a good combination due to Rylai's giving you the double damage on Liandry's.
As mid, you shouldn't be buying a sightstone, but buying wards periodically is always appreciated.

Minions can destroy towers, so keep lanes pushed. Develop minimap awareness. Call MIAs. Learn where wards should be placed. Don't push someone else's lane during early-game. Learn the art of last hitting minions for more money. Take dragon and buffs when it's safe.

Yeah, I'm going to need more specific questions :p
I find that a lot of those things are things you cannot teach other people even if you point it out e.g. when to take dragon because it is something that needs to be learned from experience. It's just that game sense thing, you develop a sense of what's going on despite that you may not know what's going on at all, like you can tell the enemy team is taking baron.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
I play lol but no Ranked for me. I find rank has more rager, more trolls, more wannabe pros
I find normals more chill. There's way less ragers, also way less trolls.

I swear to god there's less ragers in Normals. Probably only around one in fifty games. Even then, there will only be one out of five and they can easily be ignored.

Also I don't play ranked because of lack of champ pool and runes (I only have two page rune and only an AP rune page (incomplete, all flat AP with no regen or whatever else you need) and an AD rune page (All flat AD except I have all armour seals. I used to go for tanky runes until season three when bruisers became OP. I bought all AD runes then). And in most of my games like 1200 ELO, They all had tons of runes, tf?

Fave champs are:
Mid: Vladimir, Zyra, Lux*, Orianna* sometimes Katarina
Top: Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, Jayce, Olaf, Singed!, Rumble
Jungle: Mundo, Rengar (RIP nerfbat) [used to have Skarner here until his nerf]
ADC: Ezreal*, Caitlyn
Support: Blitz, Nunu, Taric

* - denotes champs that I don't own. Only played them in free weeks

My fave lol sports team is Team FeaR
I had one full rune page when I hit level 30 on my summoner and I had almost bought the full amount of required champions to jump into ranked and I had one half AD rune page filled out and one AP one already full. Also, I haven't bought anything using real money. All was bought with RP. It's possible but I think less skilled players who lose more of their games will have more troubles gaining RP. Also, the amount of games you play and getting the RP bonus of the day is very important as well.

And of course, WHAT you buy matters too. I only bought the cheap champions with a few exceptions (Diana, Lux, some others) so I had more to spare on something else.

·
Banned
16,978 Posts
What turns me off is the community. LoL is already bad enough, I know DOTA is even worse because I used to play a lot of SOTIS pub games which is why I preferred inhouse. There was nerdrage there too but not pure toxic talk in the channel all the time.

It's too bad because I really like mobas but I can't stand the community for shit.
LOL man I feel you on that. The people who play are the worst. For the record I think Valve is trying to control it and there's a reporting system in place that kinda works, and I at least don't see really horrible shit like throwing the game for your team or open racism very often at all. But yeah the community is toxic, like most other MOBA's (I have only limited experience with LoL so I can't really comment on that game as much).

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
LOL man I feel you on that. The people who play are the worst. For the record I think Valve is trying to control it and there's a reporting system in place that kinda works, and I at least don't see really horrible shit like throwing the game for your team or open racism very often at all. But yeah the community is toxic, like most other MOBA's (I have only limited experience with LoL so I can't really comment on that game as much).
LoL has a report system as well but as usual, the mentality is just a part of the online gaming community unfortunately. I have a couple of friends who are/were into HoN as well and I signed up but one of them wrote blog posts about the racism and sexism of the HoN community and again, it really turned me off.

And with that said, the moba community as a whole isn't any better than WoW even. It's just that gamers in general are utterly retarded online which is why I only played on RP servers when I played WoW because it was for some reason not as bad on RP servers. And let's not even talk about games like CoD... I am so happy I am not playing those lol. I wouldn't even dare to speak up with my real voice on voice chat because of the reactions people give me -.-

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
Yeah, I'm around 1300-1500 rating (pretty sure I could go up to 1500 and sit there rather comfortably if I had a reliable team to play with, 1350 was very comfy for me after reset and I felt that's where I was supposed to be at the time) and I have played with Yours and FacelessBeauty and I didn't realize how much of a skill gap there is between them and us. I joined a game with them and absolutely face raped the opposing team since the system is made so you are teamed up with other people of your skill. I think it does this by trying to even out your W/L ratio to 50/50 if you play random SR.
I think the problem with my "rating" is that I play with people of all levels: some of them with 700+ wins and some at 200 wins, only one is with me at 1000+. It's rare we get a properly-matched opposing team. We have tried ranked but it's not set up for such a wide range, so we end up losing more than not because of those 2-3 allies who aren't higher skill. 3v3 has had more success, but we end up not doing those for some reason. (I refuse to solo queue and duo is only marginally better than that, so no official ranked for me.)

Another thing is that a couple friends and I get bored sometimes and experiment with champions / lane match-ups. Pretty sure that hasn't helped our case.

I find that a lot of those things are things you cannot teach other people even if you point it out e.g. when to take dragon because it is something that needs to be learned from experience. It's just that game sense thing, you develop a sense of what's going on despite that you may not know what's going on at all, like you can tell the enemy team is taking baron.
Meh, I didn't know what to say. I know most of it is "game sense," but a lot of times a newer player really won't realize how much money comes from last hitting or how helpful blue buff is :p

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
I think the problem with my "rating" is that I play with people of all levels: some of them with 700+ wins and some at 200 wins, only one is with me at 1000+. It's rare we get a properly-matched opposing team. We have tried ranked but it's not set up for such a wide range, so we end up losing more than not because of those 2-3 allies who aren't higher skill. 3v3 has had more success, but we end up not doing those for some reason. (I refuse to solo queue and duo is only marginally better than that, so no official ranked for me.)
I know what you mean there. I duo'd with a guy who performed well as Kat mid in one game and he did perform pretty well actually, better than most Kats I've seen play around my ranking, but when we duo'd we just kept losing, probably because there was too big of a difference in rating between us. I was at 1350 and he was at 1000 or something. I agree that solo queue is pretty stupidly done although I reached 1350 solo and while I went down to below 900 during S2 because I lost a lot of my first games and I didn't realize you lose more points during those matches (stupid design imo), I went past 1000 at the end of the season. I also played with and against a lot of people who were clearly better than 900 rating and then of course, the nerdragers who refused to admit that while they performed well individually, they had no teamwork which meant they were still not good players.
Another thing is that a couple friends and I get bored sometimes and experiment with champions / lane match-ups. Pretty sure that hasn't helped our case.
Yeah, although I do that in regular queue.
Meh, I didn't know what to say. I know most of it is "game sense," but a lot of times a newer player really won't realize how much money comes from last hitting or how helpful blue buff is :p
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that telling new people that last hitting gives more gold, but even learning to last hit actually requires game sense to a degree because the animation is different :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had one full rune page when I hit level 30 on my summoner and I had almost bought the full amount of required champions to jump into ranked and I had one half AD rune page filled out and one AP one already full. Also, I haven't bought anything using real money. All was bought with RP. It's possible but I think less skilled players who lose more of their games will have more troubles gaining RP. Also, the amount of games you play and getting the RP bonus of the day is very important as well.

And of course, WHAT you buy matters too. I only bought the cheap champions with a few exceptions (Diana, Lux, some others) so I had more to spare on something else.

Hmmm. I used to only play TT until I reached level 12 so that might be the reason why I don't have tons of IP to widen my champ pool and rune page.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Hmmm. I used to only play TT until I reached level 12 so that might be the reason why I don't have tons of IP to widen my champ pool and rune page.
Probably, but if you were only level 12 I wouldn't worry too much about runes anyway. It matters more when you can unlock level 3 runes because the boost is so significantly noticeable.

41 - 60 of 489 Posts