Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured we should have something like the anime characters thread for this?

Horror movies aren't the peak of character development so I don't want to annoy anybody by flooding the forum with threads pertaining to them. That's where this thread comes in. Any horror film characters you're wondering the type of you can discuss here.

I'll start off with the first post.

I just watched The Purge and its sequel last night. Here's what I think of the characters' types.

Charlie - INTP 5w6 sp/so
Definitely my favorite character. I don't know why everybody hates this kid. Sure if you look at it bluntly he's why everything bad is happening to the family, but if you zoom out it was also Mr. Sandin's wrongdoing since he sells and uses a security system, not to mention he's dishonest about how safe the family is.

Mary - Unsure of her MBTI type. 2w1 enneagram.

Leader of the creepy social darwinist gang: ENTJ 7w8/3w4/5w6 sp/so

The Purge 2: Anarchy:

Carmelo Johns - INFJ 1w9. He is obviously Ni-dom in his "ends justify the means" views on violence and tendency to look behind the curtain for any ulterior motives any others (or government entities) may have.

"Big Daddy" - xSTP

Fat attempted rapist - ESFP

Eva - ISFJ

Cheater girl in the bright pink peplum top - ESFP

Cheater girl's sister who goes Rambo and fucks everything up - INFP

Leo - Extremely stereotypical ISTP, 4w5 sp/sx

That's literally all I know of. I would love to know what you think of the homeless man who went on to be an Anti-Purge resistance fighter. If you have any more ideas feel free to post them here!

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I only remember one scary movie clearly and it was Escape From Tomorrow

The dad was such a loser. Honestly he was just a terrible person? Not a lick of Fe. Not that that makes him bad, but... I mean maybe he had Fe, since he hid the fact he lost his job so his family would be "happy" but... I dunno. Whatever he is he is like the worst example of one.

The girl was adorable. The boy kid was sort of adorable but also super bratty. He had that childlike wonder and symbolism INFP kids are usually given.

The mom seemed like a whiny ESFJ.

The freaking... lady, the woman who used to work at Disney on the bench and crap.... ENFP? Maybe INFP again, but she seemed really involved with her imagination, and... well, did some extroverted things.

The movie was crazy. It wasn't scary until the end but boy, was the end scary.

Reactions: NurseCat

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watching the 2002 remake of Carrie. I'm about an hour in and thinking of types.

Carrie - ISFJ

Carrie's mother - ISTJ

Sue Snell - INFJ

Chris Hargensen - ENTJ

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
ISTJ: Michael Meyers, Dracula (Bela Lugosi), Major West (28 Days Later)

INTJ: John Kramer (Saw), Victor Frankenstein, Hannibal Lector

ISFJ: "Ju-On / The Grudge" ghost(s), "Norma" Bates, Annie Wilkes

ESFJ: Lord Summerisle (Wicker Man)

INFJ: Asami Yamazaki (Audition)

ISFP: "Norman" Bates

INFP: Freddy Krueger, Pazuzu (The Exorcist)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts