Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
:laughing:

I also have my own creamy peanut butter jar. I can't use the other one because it is always contaminated with jam and crumbs...

I am also protective of my cookie jar :proud:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Is there some thing about INTPs and food? I now realize I'm not the only one with high value on food.

No one can so much as look at doritos in my house (except the cool ranch ones which are teh suck) without an alarm going off in my head. So they don't. :tongue:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, I dunno if it's an INTP thing or not, but I know that I'm definitely possessive of some of my food; especially the american food that I miss from back home, because it costs about twice as much as it does back home, and it's always hit-or-miss if the grocery store is going to have it that week or month. So when I do manage to buy something that I can't easily find, I can't stand it when I have to share it.

I always end up sharing it, though; I don't like to hurt people's feelings. It really depends on the person, though. If the particular person is wanting to have some of my imported american goodies, and he/she has a good track record of sharing stuff with me, then I'm okay with it. But I have a few friends who never offer/share their stuff with me, so I just end up hiding the good stuff whenever they come over (whether it be the imported alcohol, snacks, etc., or just plain ol' weed)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not an INTP, but if you touch my Haribo Gummy Bears, I will kill you. Ask for anything else, and I'd say yes in a heart beat, but don't even THINK of going for my bears. Those are MINE sucka. :laughing:

Reactions: Chilln

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not an INTP, but if you touch my Haribo Gummy Bears, I will kill you. Ask for anything else, and I'd say yes in a heart beat, but don't even THINK of going for my bears. Those are MINE sucka. :laughing:
oh gosh ... gummy bears and jelly beans!! i cannot get the good kind down here in costa rica; so everytime I or one of my friends goes to the states, I have them bring down a few bags of each :) and NO, i don't share!!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I do not mind sharing my food or drink. If you are in my house you have already unknowingly passed many tests. Have anything and all of the domestic American beer you wish outta the fridge, but do not touch my imported beer. I know there are 3 bottles left, and god help anyone who lowers the number to 2. This may result in a revoking of club membership.

In a related issue, anyone showing up and bringing good imported beer is instantly raised to a VIP Guest status.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Touch my imported fruit juice and you will die. Instantly. There isn't any of the good stuff down here, and imported fruit juice is expensive.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I always have my own 4 litre jug of skim milk in the fridge. I go though one every 2 days and I can make no guarantee that you will be safe from harm if you even consider drinking form my jug. I also have one litre of chocolate milk every school day, and no I do not share. Milk is the source of my power. I have been in situations that would snap anyone else's bones like twigs and walked away with slight bruises.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Don't touch my creme fraiche, lingonberry jam, or caviar. I keel you. :bored:

Like mrscientist said, it's probably contaminated. That and my parents like their Vietnamese food, so it's aaaallllll miiinneee! :laughing:

·
Registered
911 Posts

This shit.
Hazelnut cream "spread".
I've been known to eat the whole jar within a day...
...with a teaspoon.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I would have to say my most well defended consumable is beer. As I'm a bit of a beer nerd, if you're at my place, you had better ask if it is OK to drink a beer before you crack it. Sometimes, if I am in a particularly generous mood, I will capitulate and allow you to share the beer in question with me.

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer."

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If anyone drinks my water, they get a BB in the head :laughing: I make sure nobody else's dirty mouth gets on my drink. And I am very protective of my cookies. Chocolate is like coffee for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most of the food in my house, I'm not that strict about sharing. Peanut butter, reese's, redbull, etc. The part I hate the most is when they take it without asking, or eat a significant portion without replacing it. But ANYTHING that I bring down from the states, that I cannot buy here, I do not share with anybody. I'm stingy :)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Granola bars, cereal bars, Special K bars, etc.., cereal, and blueberry/banana oatmeal. Those precious grain products are mine!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Marmite, chocolate. And Katy Cider. When my OH started drinking it, I was very upset with him. He's moved on to Magners, and says he prefers it, I think it's because he wanted to see his next birthday.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Basically, don't touch any food in my house...trust me, it's for your own safety. I once cursed out (yelling and screaming is really, really not my style, but for food I make an exception) a roomate of mine for eating my cheerios lol...of course I already hated the guy so once he ate some of my precious food it was on!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts