Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, first comes The Shawshank Redemption (how did it not win an Oscar?), and secondly, it's Parasite, thirdly I'd put Pursuit of Happyness. I'm still reeling from watching them back to back :popcorn:

What would be your top 3? If you're gonna put spoilers, tuck them in the "click to reveal" thingies in the posting options.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
For me, first comes The Shawshank Redemption (how did it not win an Oscar?), and secondly, it's Parasite, thirdly I'd put Pursuit of Happyness. I'm still reeling from watching them back to back :popcorn:

What would be your top 3? If you're gonna put spoilers, tuck them in the "click to reveal" thingies in the posting options.
I can't even pick my top 3, I've just seen too many good movies that are all good for different reasons.

Parasite was really good though, easily one of the best movies this year at least.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
some of my recent favourites

the wicker man
loveless aka nelyubov
polar
let the right one in
memories of murder (korean)
wind river

i saw parasite recently too, i thought it was a great movie indeed

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,180 Posts
I only got 2.

The Babadook for just a nice movie, if you like horror at least.

Waking life if your brain wants to get stuck in a knot of thoughtloops.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It's very touching and romantic. I've never read the short story on which it's based, but hope to, one of these days.

Failing that, I'd recommend Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope for the beauty and creativity behind it.

Reactions: WarmMachines

·
Registered
ENFP
4,192 Posts
Map of the Human Heart with Jason Scott Lee and Anne Parillaud (pure ART!), and the stories...♥!

I wish we could bring back the magic of cinema, AGAIN!:hearteyes:

·
Registered
23,985 Posts
So many good movies to choose from but - off the top of my head - if there was ONLY ONE it'd probably be something like, 2001: A Space Odyssey; cause it basically has a bit of EVERYTHING; it's done/shot/acted/written well; has good pacing/unfolds into something completely unexpected; and with multiple layers.

For relationships/breakups, 500 Days of Summer. It was like, the most realistic relationship movie I had seen. Plus Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. :lovekitty:

And I'll just add something like The Wailing, because 1) Korean films in general should get waaaay more credit/exposure, and 2) it's absolutely phenomenal and one of those movies that leave a lot to unpack after viewing.

·
Registered
I Thimk INTP
14,093 Posts
"Zombie Honeymoon." This is a love story. Never mind that one of the characters is infected. I love this love story.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I'm not presumptuous enough to assume that random people would get something out of a movie just because I did.

·
Registered
I Thimk INTP
14,093 Posts
"Road House" but probably not for the gentler sex. Loved this movie last night. It was better than after I first saw it even though I recalled many scenes. The never loses meets invincible forces.

I had a nightmare directly attributable to this film. I was given multiple complex foods to prepare which I had to carry over one-at-a-time to a place nearby. I couldn't keep up. I couldn't remember the steps. I had to fight between doing them all and getting even one right. I was swamped and couldn't keep up ... the theme of the movie.

·
Banned
377 Posts
If that's the one with Samuel L Jackson, Carrie Anne Moss and Michael Sheen then absolutely, that was a brilliant movie.
yeah same one, pretty good movie.
painted the art of torture interrogations in a very different and compelling light for me.
sometimes evil things have to be done in order to protect people, but can good people accept that? probably not imo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts