Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Once, when I was little, I tried to catch a really pretty butterfly but couldn't.

I was sad until my mother took me to get ice cream, but I remember the butterfly to this day.

I do hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I remember what i liked about them, but ask me what their name was or something about them and I have no clue.

Not in my life, then not part of my life, then not in my mind.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
How do you mean?

I'm not with anyone right now, so does that mean they ALL got away?

Is this only people I've pursued but failed to catch? There are none of those.

How about the guy that wanted to bump uglies that I should have totally said yes to, but didn't? OMG he was sexy.

Then there's the guy I caught who loved me for ten years and then just didn't anymore. Him I count as an escapee, and I don't think he'll ever be out of my mind...

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Yes. I occasionally think from time to time about my first love, and how I fucked it all up every chance I could because I was a stupid kid. I mean I literally had a chance to get her back a couple years later, but the latent feelings of pain and heartbreak couldn't allow me to do what I really desired, instead I went into autopilot mode. From that day, I could understand the actions of girls who had been rejected by me. Even if some reach Fatal Attraction-like levels. Only real difference is my introversion and Fi over Fe.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I view them as time spent with one another, that was at one time special... But I don't believe there is one person you can share this type of bond with. Imagine a lifespan of 1000 years of time and it helps to see things in this light. You had your time together, and you can have that time again. There is no "getting away" only your life paths diverged. I am friends with most of my exes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it bad if I can only think of the fish I failed to catch in The Legend of Zelda games?
I suppose you would take the phrase "there are many other fish in the sea" very literally. :p

@benr3600 are you an ESFP or an INTJ? *confuzzled*
@jd_ oooh yep yep you make sense!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have a cordial relation with both my exes. A bit greater with the latest, she's not as childish as the first one.

Not friendship, just education and respect.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yeah... depends what you mean by 'got away'.... but I've had an ENFP on my mind for a long time... we headed off to different universities this year.. and the presumption on my end is that spatial locality will prevent us from ever getting together, much as I absolutely adore her :(.

That said, I do intend to keep her in my life, preferably forever. I will be extremely annoyed with myself if 10 years later I find that I've not seen her in over a year. Some people are too awesome to ever give up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No, I don't 'lose' things unless I intend to. I also don't fall in love very easily for this to even become a possibility.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Particularly if its someone you really loved?

(Stolen from the ISTP thread! Vivian Melo, just shout out if you mind.)
Yes, if I loved him deeply. I don't love many men so for the most part guys come and go and I am respectful of them and they of me. If I didn't see any "future" with one, then I quickly let him go as I don't want to waste my time or his. But, for the few that have touched my heart and I've truly loved, I don't get over them quickly. I may "look like" I did, but inside I haven't really. If it wasn't a healthy relationship, I'll do the practical, "move on" but that doesn't mean that my heart is on the same page with that "practical, well thought out decision".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts