Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.... so I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (loved it), and one of the characters reminded me of the one that got away... and I felt a very intense rush of regret and love-ache....

I haven't seen her in 2 years. This natural? Any similar experiences?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Aye the woman i'm seeing now i had walked away from her (and her daughter) for just over 2 years, i had told myself it would get easier with time but it didn't, 2 years later i still missed them both so much so got back in touch, so not the one that got away for me but it could very well have been.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I LOVED SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

such a great movie.
similar story. reminded me of the girl who sorta got away. we still talk but are not romantically in love.
she used to change her hair color too. lol.

I feel the girl was an INFJ> :shocked::happy:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I LOVED SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

such a great movie.
similar story. reminded me of the girl who sorta got away. we still talk but are not romantically in love.
she used to change her hair color too. lol.

I feel the girl was an INFJ> :shocked::happy:
It did feel that way didn't it? xD

She had that vibe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's been 17 years and I still get sad about "the one who got away". I always felt I was a little abnormal though. :dry:

·
Registered
836 Posts
this seems like a confession thread...

i fell in love with a guy in college, never told him about my feelings...

fast forward 3 years later, and here i am. ive had a few 'opportunities' since then (people liking me, me dating casually), but sadly no one to compare to the 'one that got away'

gosh even now, it hurts pretty bad.

i think if i find someone else, ill be ok again.

what do the rest of you think? think everything will be ok if you like someone in the same way again?

or are we all doomed to keep fixating on the one that got away?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...may not even be 'unrequited love' so much as it is bungled situations that prevent people from getting together. :/

sometimes i think two people can like each other very much, and still manage to screw up everything.
Well... that's not so much the issue as our inability to just brush it off like most other types do. :mellow:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow.... so I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (loved it), and one of the characters reminded me of the one that got away... and I felt a very intense rush of regret and love-ache....

I haven't seen her in 2 years. This natural? Any similar experiences?
ohhh yeah... ::looks down at shoes::
its normal i guess.. i still think of "her" when i garden (something we used to do every other day together) or see jessica alba (very similar looking and attitude ) on tv. i've loved after her but... she'll always have a part of my heart ... its just the way it is.

·
Registered
473 Posts
this seems like a confession thread...

i fell in love with a guy in college, never told him about my feelings...

fast forward 3 years later, and here i am. ive had a few 'opportunities' since then (people liking me, me dating casually), but sadly no one to compare to the 'one that got away'

gosh even now, it hurts pretty bad.

i think if i find someone else, ill be ok again.

what do the rest of you think? think everything will be ok if you like someone in the same way again?

Probably not, as long as you're in love with someone else. But as soon as a current relationship cools, the obsessing might start again. The key is to keep the flame alive with the one you are with. We're probably the one type most likely to experience life long love, even if the person we love is not with us and we've moved on. Sad huh.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
LOL Sarah your post on this thread pulsates on the same wavelength as I do.

From my experience... I don't think it's possible to like somebody else in the same way? Everybody is so different, and I've loved in a different way but with the same intensity and integrity. When you meet that next guy, he'll become your everything... and all of a sudden, that other guy.. wasn't the one that got away LOL

I think you'll be okay. If there is somebody better, you'll know it and you may not forget about the previous guy... but the new love of your life... that's worth living and waiting for! :laughing:

I think we're all naturally fixated on our last love. I mean knowing myself... my fist bf, after our split. I cried my eyes out and swore that I would never love somebody again. Welll... I was wrong. I did love somebody again, even MORE this time but it was a different love because he was a different person. Now I can sit here and say the same thing (that I'll never love again) and believe it with all my heart because I haven't been proven otherwise.... but when or if it happens, I have no doubt I'll forget about those two. I can only love (romantically) 1 person at a time :laughing: but I mean... that next guy, he's gonna have to be ridiculously awesome royal flush, lucky number 7, spin the lottery win the jackpot type of guy! I may die old and single lol

sometimes i think two people can like each other very much, and still manage to screw up everything.
I've learned that to be quite true. Yes, you can love somebody alot and still manage to royally screw it up. Is there such a thing as loving too much? *nods*

·
Registered
802 Posts
I used to feel like that about a guy from high school. It's only been in the last year, when I reconnected with him on Facebook, that I looked at who we've both become and realized that it was best it worked out as it did. Even though he was - and has become - a really great guy, the relationship wouldn't have been right at the time and I wouldn't be who I am today had I been with him at the time.

I'm not saying your situation is the same and that you're better or worse off. Just saying that this is how it worked for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't seen her in few months, but you can bet that I am going to use these huge eyes and big smile of mine to hone in on her eyes and get her in my arms the second I see her next month (well, she better be in at least one of my classes!).

I won't let her get away so easily. :sad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used to feel like that about a guy from high school. It's only been in the last year, when I reconnected with him on Facebook, that I looked at who we've both become and realized that it was best it worked out as it did. Even though he was - and has become - a really great guy, the relationship wouldn't have been right at the time and I wouldn't be who I am today had I been with him at the time.

I'm not saying your situation is the same and that you're better or worse off. Just saying that this is how it worked for me.
I've recently had similar experiences. I was not the one that ended the relationship and was heart broken for the longest time. After finally getting to a point where I can move on with my life, I look back at things and am happy they turned out they way they did. I too wouldn't be who I am today had things not went down the way they did. From those experiences, I've learned that...the worst things that happen to you...are actually the best things to happen to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts