Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are your experiences of the other wing?

i always occasionally have these 5w4 moments, when im just endlessly fascinated by whatever emotion i have,(induced by me looking at the whole existence like it was a fantasy world) and of my mental agility. this 5w4 mental agility is like all of my thoughts changed into liquid form, and i can seamlessly explore my mind like it was all made of emotional liquid material. its as if all of my emotions were made of magical substance. it feels like i was some kind of psychic in a fantasy world. its also all very, immensely beautiful.

however, i quickly get annoyed of that state, because i hate anything which is too unrealistic. it just makes me mentally throw up when it becomes too magical. its like YUCK, ive ate too much candies, and any amount of candies is too much for me, considering i hate candies.

(its different than my suspected 5w6 balanced state, in which my mental agility is more about precise memory of behavioural patterns i remember, and of word playing. like using all kinds of intellectual words like some intp's do.)

Reactions: Le9acyMuse

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
5w4

I like my other, 6 wing, when I am able to get clarity on something and have follow though. I don't like it when out of anxiety, I can mistakenly read hidden meanings into things which aren't there.

Reactions: Bricolage

·
Banned
701 Posts
i have quite a number of 9ish tendencies that i'm quite fond of. ;)

i'm rather calm and grounded most of the time. i don't like being disturbed, but sometimes someone comes and disturbs me and it turns out good too. i've had a couple of occasions where i've preferred to retain my state of inner peace and quietude in favor of dealing with an issue i know will upset it. e.g. a person i didn't like sent me text on a subject i knew i didn't want to talk about and i just deleted the text without even reading it. and i was fully conscious i was doing it in order to keep my state of peace. it was funny because i don't even have a problem with unrest/conflict. but that was one of my more explicit 9 moments i can think of.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ah, the cryptic 4w5 horizon of my head... I think of it more as simply the 5 in me than the "4w5."

While most of the time I have an urge to use certain specific sources to gain respect from others (ability-based achievements that are popularly andculturally viewed as 'awesome'), I have an urge to carefully comprehend myself enough to continue operating. The 3 end of the 4 is more keen on humanistic approval, and the 5 end more on processes. The 4 in entirety is concerned about attractiveness.

So, my 3 leaning seeks attractiveness thru what I express, with an intent to be comparable to greatness and high standards. My less-prevalent 5 leaning wants to be attractive thru how I go about becoming great: criticizing myself, and reshaping my form to something I, and others, effectively, agree with. Similarly to how you often would hear 4w5s speak of being appreciated for their brains, or the precisive care they put into their developments.

4w5 = being admired for the sacrifice.
4w3 = being admired for the result.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Sometimes my 8 wing suggests that I should be a bit more malicious in my fucking around with people I don't particularly care for.

Reactions: Figure

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
The 2-wing pushes me to be helpful to people, sometimes in spite of myself.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The 6 wing is the opposite for me. It's like draining my inner world of its life and color...making it too reliant on something that completely defeats the purpose and misses the point. It gets me nowhere. The the colors are where the answers are, not in stripping the colors off to see the tangible reasoning. My mind has this odd assumption that nothing meaningful or significant will ever be found with that thought process, like it actually removes all possibilities of finding that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts