Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I still find myself, at unconscious/subconscious level, wishing I was not INFP.

I think I've always almost never fully realized how much my emotional nature can effect other people. I underestimate its effects and often get shocked when I'm shown the truth.

Also, I do expect compliments, but big ass compliments (THAT ARE TOO BIG) still make me doubt myself. It's like I can't accept them properly, and then I feel bad for the other person who does it with kindness.

For example, someone once said,''I'm sure you'll change the world someday.'' I was like,''Say what?'' :confused:

:sad:

[end rant]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I often, at a conscious level, wish I wasn't INFP. I watch Extroverted types, and they seem to be, in general, happier.
There are many times I wish I was less passive and more goal oriented. I envy many of the traits of the ENTJ. I think if I could make myself a balance of INFP and ENTJ, I would be where I want to be. But that might be a little idealist of me...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear ya! Especially in romantic relationships, I wish I weren't INFP. There's plenty I like about myself, especially how easily I'm entertained by myself and don't need others around me all the time. But there's also plenty I don't like and wonder if I could change. I've been questioning lately whether someone could actually change their personality type, or if the traits learned would only be temporary and we are all destined to end up back to where we started. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I often, at a conscious level, wish I wasn't INFP. I watch Extroverted types, and they seem to be, in general, happier.
There are many times I wish I was less passive and more goal oriented. I envy many of the traits of the ENTJ. I think if I could make myself a balance of INFP and ENTJ, I would be where I want to be. But that might be a little idealist of me...
Posted via Mobile Device
I tried it. Te sucks. At least for us. Much better to not come to conclusions and just feel. Thas just my two cents. I know whatchu mean though.

Reactions: hasenj

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've got Fi and Ne under control, I make them work for me, but what I HATE are my Si and Te - they're just so assholey and boring.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
You are who you are Izzie. You are not confined to the limits of some MBTI classification and you can grow beyond it as much as you want. In fact, you are doing that even now, every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts