Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always find it an interesting topic, losing yourself because of craziness.

But I also have a very hard time trying to imagine how I could possibly become crazy. My mind is so logical, I can't realize becoming crazy with this mind. Is it perhaps because of the Ti of ENTP that it's harder to become crazy?

Of course I know characters like 'The Joker' who seems crazy, and people can become really messy thinkers with evil thoughts. But this is all based on the wrong principles they learnt when they were young and they used as their logic.

But as grown man, with good logic and understanding of craziness and social conventions. I can't imagine becoming crazy?

I'm really a newb at 'craziness' zo enlighten me!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have as little choice in going genuinely crazy as you do in getting a cold, or cancer. We're not talking about attitude adjustments, or choices, but a breakdown of the apparatus that allows you to use logic, that processes choice. In the words of fictional Nixon, humorously contemplating the destruction of the Harvard establishment at the dawn of an encroaching thermonuclear war.

"Let's see them think their way out of fission."

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Depends on the kind of crazy. l had an INTJ friend who said this once, actually. l kind of felt the same way and l tried to imagine "how" my dad became crazy. l was thinking about it sort of like you are but l was pretty ignorant lol.

Think about the chemical changes that take place in someone's mind when they take certain drugs. "going crazy'' isn't so different, a person's brain chemistry and even brain structure can be altered by way of drugs or occur naturally but the end result can be similar. The drugs are mostly changing the way chemicals that are already present in the brain interact.

l don't think Ti offers too much protection if genetics are a factor.

l will say l think having a Ti/Te preference could offer some protection if it's more of an emotionally induced, environmentally triggered "crazy" but sometimes those lines are blurred and the environment triggers underlying biological cray cray anyway.

Reactions: Ambiguity

·
Registered
280 Posts
My definition of "going crazy" is when I've got so many things in my head and I could not put them into words or actions. I guess that's near enough to "The Path of Craziness"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well being too logical, ignoring social taboos, and morals can make one seem 'crazy' or 'sociopathic' even though a person is completely sane. ENTPs would most likely become this type of crazy rather than being schizophrenic or psychotic.

Reactions: Ambiguity

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
My brain is prone to sensory overload due to a low-functioning amygdala. The amygdala is the part of the brain that filters unnecessary information. When your sensory information (sight, smell, taste, etc.) and your inner thoughts are both flowing too rapidly to make sense of, the brain becomes overwhelmed. This can cause things like psychosis (loss of contact with reality), hallucinations, loss of cognitive abilities (ability to understand things), loss of one's ability to understand speech, etc. It also causes anxiety and panic attacks.

I've been told by several psychologists that I am quite sane. However, I have experienced moments where my mind was so overwhelmed that it felt like I couldn't stay in the realm of reality. The real difference between sanity and insanity is one's ability to maintain this illusion (yes it is quite an illusion, but a necessary one) that everything is exactly as it appears to be.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I dont think your personality type really has anything to do with being crazy. That is some kind of defense mechanism, or an actual physiological problem. Being really really weird could maybe be a personality thing, and I think that ENTPs are actually pretty prone to eccentricity. We might not be as prone to it as some though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts