Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first paragraph of a personality type goes something like this:

"As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition."

Every personality type has a similar kind of description. Does that mean that you're at your best/hapy (for example from above) rationally and logically? Then it's thing with your intuition?

To see a page put the personality type in the spaces:

http://www.personalitypage.com/____.html

·
Registered
990 Posts

"As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition."

Every personality type has a similar kind of description. Does that mean that you're at your best/hapy (for example from above) rationally and logically? Then it's thing with your intuition?

OK so an INTPs primary function is Thinking, and the second one is Intuition, so they'll be thinking about things from a rational perspective, then it'll have an intuitive spin on it bc of intuition. Its just a fact. An intp will be highly rational. they are like intuitive istps. they are idea freaks.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts

Okay, so basically MBTI is based on the work of a guy called Carl Jung, and is designed to pave the way into his work -- one of them being something called "cognitive functions", which is the way that you interpret the world.

There's eight of these cognitive functions, 4 groups (Thinking, Feeling, iNtuition and Sensing) broken down to "introverted" and "extroverted" for each one. The symbol for each one is basically the group it's in and a little i/e depending on if it's introverted/extroverted (so the function "introverted thinking" would be Ti).

My basic explanation for the functions is that the extroverted ones are the ones you use to reach out to the world and look around, and the introverted ones are the ones you use to process the stuff you found out there in the big blue world.
Now, it's pretty logical to say that an Introvert would spend more time within themselves processing the external world than an Extrovert (hence the whole "introvert=smart" stereotype). So the most used, or "dominant", function of each Introvert would be an introverted function.

An INTP's functions are Ti (Introverted Thinking), Ne (Extroverted iNtuition), Si (Introverted Sensing), and Fe (I'm guessing you've got the idea by now).

So "As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically (an INTP's first function which is Introvert Thinking). Your secondary mode is external , where you take things in primarily via your intuition (which is an INTP's second function, Extraverted iNtuition)"

If you want a more in-depth description of the functions, google is your friend, just search 'introverted/extroverted whatever' and read around, and ask questions.

Keep in mind that you technically use all the functions, but this is purely to give you an understanding of what comes naturally to you, and to an INTJ (who's function order is Ni-Te-Fi-Se, bonus points if you can figure that out without looking back), something like Fe -- which is looking out to the world (as it's extraverted) for people's feelings (as it's a feeling function) -- won't come naturally (which is why we're jerks :p).

OK so an INTPs primary function is Thinking, and the second one is Intuition, so they'll be thinking about things from a rational perspective, then it'll have an intuitive spin on it bc of intuition. Its just a fact. An intp will be highly rational. they are like intuitive istps. they are idea freaks.
It was a bit too ambitious of you to hope to explain functions in a few sentences, IMO. :tongue:

It's taken me ages to get a good grasp of them.

Reactions: Little Cloud

·
Registered
990 Posts
It was a bit too ambitious of you to hope to explain functions in a few sentences, IMO. :tongue:
It's taken me ages to get a good grasp of them.
*raises eyebrow, I totally understood what I said, and think thats all that matters..my description was concise and is easy to understand..what the heck are you grumbling about? Ha. You wrote a flipping dissertation. Can you say "too long, didnt read"..yeah. More words in no way means better explanation. Trying to understand your baseless reasoning..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts