Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Supposedly, mine is "odd" (which is common in people with Asperger's, too) - I tend to hold myself in kinda "crooked" ways.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I mostly hunch but when I'm conscious of it I try to sit up straight because I think the hunching doesn't look very nice. But most of the time I end up not really careing :crazy:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Police-style when I walk around, confident, upright w/ broad shoulders, and a bit of swagger of arrogance.

On the other hand, when I sit down I'm -very- relaxed and lazy. I lean back way too much and almost always put my legs up on something.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I can be like a spaghetti noodle, slightly drooped, mainly when sitting. However, I can also have very straight posture, particularly when walking. People have actually commented on that, but I think my squared-off shoulders have that effect.

I am actually quite tense and find it hard to relax, so even my bad posture is stiff. I used to get manicures & the manicurist would comment that I could not relax my fingers. If I am relaxed, though, then I am even more noodly :tongue: .

Reactions: white-knuckle

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My postures when I was trying to look more confident, but I end up looking quite awkward
Who's the dark-skinned man? He looks like Will Smith, except evil. Yummy. Me want.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I used to have fantastic posture - I'm blaming years of band and actually caring about such things. After I got out of high school and did the military thing, my posture worsened - anytime we sat down, I would always be hunching. It's only gotten worse since, except when I'm conscious of it, in which case I will revert to band-perfect posture. Especially when walking. With the exception that apparently my head is always slightly off and apparently makes me look like I'm thinking about something.

When I'm sitting or will be sitting for a long time, I nearly always am leaning against something, whether on my side or back, with my legs all weird. I'll even drive with a leg under me or against the dash or something, but I have to be driving through BFE on an interstate before I'll do it in my car right now. Something about needing my left foot for the clutch if anything funky comes up... Regardless, I'm always pulled in and making myself smaller when I'm sitting down. That was the point of random tangent.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's a wax statue of Will Smith located in Madame Tussauds museum, London.
LOL. I thought it was a real person. Damn.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My posture is terrible, I think? I dunno, but I sit in very weird, varying positions (my feet are almost never on the floor).

I don't really walk much like a girl either. How the hell are you supposed to always walk with one foot in front of the other, or do some cutesy hip shake as you walk? My feet always want to form a 90 degree angle outwards, like a guy, which is the natural way >_>;

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My shoulders roll forward a bit. It might be related to my type, but I'm betting it's also hereditary. My cousin has the *exact* same upright posture as I do.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I like the first photo izzie :happy: . I know my posture looks especially awkward in photos.... :dry:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I try to have 'humble' posture subconsciously. When I stand too straight women give me the 'dagger' eyes like I'm trying to show off or something.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My shoulders are always up higher than I want them to be. I always have to consciously remind myself to lower them.

I also think I lean forward a lot.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
when i was younger, i walked bolt-straight... it actually hurt my back a bit if i had to stand a while. my first job, i was a security guard :dry: i recall walking for hours and hours around this building... my feet didnt get tired, but my back was killing me.

then i started to gain some weight, and like a dimwit i didnt do anything about it :frustrating: so, to try to cover up my gut i started slouching a lot... i doubt it helped much :tongue:

but, since i moved to the city i'm living in (it's been about a year now), i've lost ... hrm, i think it might be close to 40 lbs or so (and i intend to *keep* losing more). i can now, without being too self-conscious, wear clothes i havent worn for years. it's taking a little of effort due to years of bad posture, but i'm getting back to... well, doing a Lad-like walk :proud: i'm very conscious of my movement (or, at least, i like to *think* that i am), and try to look confident and to move with a certain... erm, quiet drama? ... i actually kind of *pose* a little at times, especially if i have to stop to look around or think about where i'm going :frustrating: in reality, i probably look like some silly twit who thinks he's on the catwalk, but hell, i dont care!

i've always slouched when sitting, and still do, though sometimes am conscious about *how* i'm sitting (or the way that i'm slouching - slouching can be dramatic too :tongue: ).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts