Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this hasn't been done xD
Please, stick to the books more than the movies. I've seen the movies and believe me, they are very bad. They don't even resemble the books.

Mia: INFP
Lilly: ENTJ or ENTP
Michael: INTP or INTJ
Grandmere: ESTJ
Helen Thermopolis: ISFP
Philip Renaldo: ISTJ
Tina Hakim Baba: ISFJ
Shameeka: seems ESFP

Reactions: heavydirtysoul

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mia: ENFJ or introverted.
Lilly: ISTJ
Michael: INTP
Grandmere: ENTJ
Helen Thermopolis: ISFP
What makes you think Lilly is an ISTJ? The Sensing part could be true, but Introverted? there are not a single introverted bone in Lilly, I think.
And Mia ENFJ? INFJ is very probable, but she's not an Extrovert. It's not that she's shy, not just that; she needs a lot of time to be alone to ordenate her thoughts and seems as thoughtful and calm as many INFx. I don't know. To me she's introverted.

By the way, nice avatar, nice signature.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Take cognitive functions into consideration...That's how you determine whether someone's sensing, intuitive, introverted, extroverted, or anything.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Mia- INFP
Lily- ENTP
Michael- INTP
Helen- ISFP
Clarisse- ESTJ
Joe- ISTJ
Paolo- ESFP

·
Registered
27 Posts
It was actually determined in the 9th book what Mia and Michael's types were. Mia mentioned to her therapist that she and Michael had taken a personality test where she came out an INFJ and he an ENTJ. I know, cool right? :tongue:

·
Registered
828 Posts
INFPs (and enneagram-four INTJs) have a tendency to mistype as INFJ. From what I remember of Michael I really, really doubt him to be a Te-dominant.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michael could be ENTJ but unless he changes a lot in the books, I think INTJ would fit him better.
INTJ or INTP. Lilly's the ENTJ.
And, what about Mia being ISFP?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So three years later .....
Here is a quotation from (I believe) the ninth book of the Princess Diaries series:
"I scored an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs Jungian personality test ... and [Michael] an ENTJ" -Mia.

Apparently Michael's interpreted differently by readers than how he's intended to be based off Cabot's writing!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Here is a quotation from (I believe) the ninth book of the Princess Diaries series:
"I scored an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs Jungian personality test ... and [Michael] an ENTJ" -Mia.

Apparently Michael's interpreted differently by readers than how he's intended to be based off Cabot's writing!
I thought that was interesting, too. I can definitely see Mia being an INFJ, but I always perceived Michael differently - more of an INTP. Lily rubs me off as more ENTJ-ish.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Michael.....ENTJ? Never rubbed me that way in any of the books.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

It's also possible that Cabot knew jack about MBTI and picked types from thin air.

Reactions: electricky

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
It's also possible that Cabot knew jack about MBTI and picked types from thin air.
This could surely be the case, but then it is interesting that she decided to throw that in there.

But then even if it wasn't random, if Mia and Michael were intended to have taken one of those online tests, the entirety of their types is still very debatable :ninja: INFJ doesn't seem too far off for Mia though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts