Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depending on what you see as the modus operandi of life, the things that we as humans often perceive to be circumstance are actually purposefully designed, well engineered phenomena. If you believe as I do, nature does not make mistakes.

If nature does not make mistakes, then there must be some reasoning behind endowing humankind with varying and often contrasting types of personalities. Whether it be scientific, spiritual, or both.

If we are indeed given these types with purpose, and I believe that it is fully possible, what would the purpose of the archetypal INFJ be? What are our prime contributions to humanity? To the natural world? Why were we made this way? With what some consider to be outstanding, maybe even other worldly, story book like qualities.

Basically, what I am asking for your insights on is:

Why were we made with qualities that for some people only exist in the realm of fiction, while also being rather inexplicably unable to interact with the human world at large? Are we in truth broken human beings? Or were we designed for a purpose?

·
Registered
473 Posts
INFJ's are hear to wake people up. We care immensely about the plight of humankind, and at the same time have the capacity and will to try to do something about it. Many of us have a clear vision of what is needed for the world to become a better place.

·
Registered
189 Posts
INFJ's are hear to wake people up.
This. Most people get "stuck" in a linear way of life at some point or another and I always advocate seeing things from different or new perspectives to shift your mindset and see things that originally were left unseen.

I think frequent changes in our lives of any sort make life deeper and more meaningful.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I feel that INFJs are here to guide people through the insights we have gained from our experiences. I guess we're not meant for the little mundane things, which is why we find it so hard to interact with the world at large. Instead we are here for the weightier issues which come to us naturally. It is possible that we focus on the bigger picture which is what people sometimes tend to miss.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Our purpose - To connect people to both themselves and the rest of universe of course!

Nature is successful because it has made more mistakes than even an INFJ can ever imagine.

INFJs are not broken. I do think that other types do find it easier to drift through life - but is that really living?

·
Banned
656 Posts
To remind people of their humanity and the fact that even putting energy into a project that seems fruitless initially (especially when it comes to the public) does have value and an impact on society/the community in the long run.

I have been told more than once how my running around like a crazy lunatic not only entertains but inspires people to get moving. Sometimes I think they just take pity on me when I've run my batteries dead. I often get the feeling that they are thinking...there must be something to what this crazy lady is doing if she cares so much to run herself ragged for our sakes...lol.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I do think every personality has a purpose. INFJ's are the link between reality and the fantasy life has become. We listen, we study, we spark people to view things in a different way...perhaps different from what society teaches them. What people take from INFJ's is wholy up to them, but we provide the opportunity if they care to listen. Our interest is understanding people, their interactions and what drives them to do what they do. We want to break things down to their basic building blocks instead of always viewing everything as a big picture - a bit like taking a clock apart to see how the gears make the hands move.

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
I believe that INFJ's were put here to help the balance of all checks & balances of this world collectively. Even though, there are so few of us compared to the other types & amount of people, we are very strong people! We do more than we know we do. I truly believe this. :wink:

PS This world colllectiely~~humans are a part of nature, not above it!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sometimes we are teachers

Sometimes we are examples

Sometimes we are even the world's worst enemies

But in the end, we are always remembered

Am I a fool to believe in destiny?

If so, then foolish I shall remain

·
Registered
604 Posts
My opinion. Your mileage may vary.

1. Cognition is quantitative. It occurs within the brain, where it is characterized among other things by the hemispheric division of labor, and the processing of the 4 functions in separate quadrants of the 4 lobes.

2. As a result it can be predicted that 16 combinations of cognitive preference order are possible and will emerge with a given frequency.

3. The frequency or proportion of occurrence of type within a population will be predicated on a mixture of all factors of biology, genetics, cultural influence and the process of individuation.

4. A selection for (select-for) introverted Intuition [Ni] leading extraverted Feeling [Fe] will likely be rare since it essentially has the processing of frameworks occuring before the actual input of data. In other words your processing reality in reverse. Nature won't tolerate this cognitive preference in large numbers. She must tolerate it as a consequence of it being *possible* in the arrangement of the plumbing of the brain. But it won't be common. It's extremely maladaptive unless....

5. Unless within a cultural context there can be a Niche for this strange individual in his or her society. Is there one? Yes.

6. In cultures around the world the socially capable NF (a tribe to which the INFJ belongs) traditionally fills the role of the philosopher, the priestly class, the witchdocters, shamans, medical physicians, professors and other conceptual leaders.

7. The less successful INFJ (which many of us regrettably seem to struggle with from time to time) can wind up being the village crackpot. An object of pity or derision, but certainly an anomoly.

We are weird and we fill a weird role. But it is a necessary role. Revel in your uniqueness :)

Rune hath spoken... heh heh

·
Registered
604 Posts
My description above is limited to what I believe to be the mechanics of the selection for INFJ type. It is silent as to the meaning.

The meaning lay elsewhere. I don't feel like it is random. Like Einstein I don't believe God plays dice. But these are my feelings and not facts. It's my intuition, but that's all. I can't prove it. But I believe it is real.

:dry:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Where people are concerned I've noticed I've often become the centre of huge disputes, dramas, with no prodding on my part. As a scapegoat, for a witchhunt etc. I can just live my life the way I do, completely minding my own business and somehow people find ways to involve themselves into what's going on. I think I have a knack for bringing people's really terrible sides to the surface.
If I am helping anyone, it's indirect and I feel more like a 'bait' that never chose to be the bait. And it's never just one person catching the bait, it always concerns so many people. Huge groups of people. If it's a class, it's the whole class with teachers along with the second and third years. If it's a household, it's including the neighbours and visitors to the neighbourhood. I feel 'used' just so others can grow, and worn out. There's so many people that fighting back never works. I always play the role of a martyr, I always die at the end. Moreover I never know if the others have actually learned any lesson at all once it's over.

It's such a common occurrence that yea I do feel this life has been planned.
But I also feel I've finally hit the end of the road and that my experiences from now on are all up to me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We are weird and we fill a weird role. But it is a necessary role. Revel in your uniqueness :)

Rune hath spoken... heh heh
All hail the mighty Rune! :crazy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
All hail the mighty Rune! :crazy:
I love you Vizier. It's the top knot. I have to admit I was smitten the first time I ever saw it.

Ok - thread officially derailed. I think it's the medicine for my broken ribs and dislocated shoulder kicking in. My fault entirely. Most contrite apologies.

Seriously, I'm going to bed. I have no business in front of a keyboard right now. Night all :)

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
If you think about it, everything that is happening around us, people are at its very core. Human beings are the subjective observers as well as creators of this world. Everything around us - politics, wars, news, inventions in science and technology, even some portion of the climate change - is driven by the individual, by body and mind of a human being. However to know which is the most correct, beneficial, or at the very least less self-destructive direction to drive the society and world towards, it is important that we understand ourselves, and where we are coming from. That we have an understanding of our subconscious, our psyche, our roots, needs, and desires, that we have some grasp of who are we really. And this is the very important niche in society that the INFJ cognitive phenotype fulfills.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love you Vizier. It's the top knot. I have to admit I was smitten the first time I ever saw it.

Ok - thread officially derailed. I think it's the medicine for my broken ribs and dislocated shoulder kicking in. My fault entirely. Most contrite apologies.

Seriously, I'm going to bed. I have no business in front of a keyboard right now. Night all :)
Yeah it is a cute top knot. Haha!

How's your ribs and shoulder? Is it getting better or still the same?

Reactions: Runescribe

·
Registered
604 Posts
Human beings are the subjective observers as well as creators of this world....the INFJ cognitive phenotype fulfills.
So tantalizingly close.

But unfortunately I can't engage right now. The pain from my injuries is too much so I'm off to bed. More tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts