Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a few days ago I watched a movie in which was a scene of abuse of "childlike" character. It wasn't a child but it had all characteristics. Anyway I was watching movie with friend and I was super pissed cause I hate to see innocent and weak being harrased more then anything. I know that is instinct but it seems its much stronger for me. I noticed my friend and all people I talked about it later don't get affected by that feeling as much as me. Is that INFJ thing? Since I know we have really good Fe.. but again I haven't noticed that on other Fe users either. :rolleyes:
Do you also have intense instinct to protect "offspring"? :p Share your opinion :happy:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Two things:

1) I always seem to react stronger to movies than most people i know. sometimes during the movie itself, sometimes afterwards. I watched the disappearance of Eleanor Rigby the other day and i ended up crying for more than an hour. Just so emotional! I think we tend to be more inside the movie than most other folks. I guess combination of Ni and Fe

2) I get more upset about "the weak, the broken and the damned". Most people seem able to say "it's a movie, it's not real". For me it feels real regardless of knowing its acted. And even if acted, many things in movies do happen in real life. So dismissing it as acting is like closing your eyes that what is out there.

I don't have offspring, but i can imagine i would protect them fiercely. But not in smothering, over-mothering way. They have to explore, stumble and learn. But i'll be there with the hot chocolate afterwards. But if any other human being would do anything to them, they might unleash the biggest tornado of the century.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
It could be Ti, where your value is. Fe is picking up others' emotional state. if the character felt emotionally hurt, you'd feel the pain. But it wasn't deeply felt.

However, if an act violates a value you hold strongly, you would react in a strongly felt way.

Reactions: mastervule

·
Registered
478 Posts
For me it would be that the innocent character was harassed and possibly pushed against their will to be something they weren't/do something they didn't want to, there's something beautiful about people who are deeply connected with themselves and I'd feel hurt, a sense of loss if anyone were to lose that through the influence of others.

I guess it might be that I don't want to see anyone lose their inner child, that 'sense of innocence' that children have.. Which has also lead me to try find more of mine as of late since i love people who are that way and something definitely resonates with other people who carry it when you can draw it out of yourself.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I become incredibly protective over those in my charge, whether it be in a working environment (as it was when I was in a position of authority in the military), or recently when I was in a camp in Nepal, populated largely by young Tibetan and Nepali monks (5-13) or so. Something akin to a mother bear protecting her young. Should someone fall ill or be in distress try to fix it. Mostly gentle and nurturing, but should a dangerous or potentially disruptive element enter the scenario (and I seem to have an innate sense of these)...watch out!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yea, I think it is in our nature to want to protect or stand up for the weaker and innocent. The mere thought or image of people abusing animals or children makes me feel physically sick and I just feel myself becoming angry and full of adrenaline.

Also, one day when I was in the train there was this 14 year old (or somewhere close) boy accompanied by his 'sheep' friends, who pushed aside this elderly man who was having trouble working his way down the steps. He was calling him names as well, because he was being too slow. Man... I cannot remember what I yelled at the kid when I grabbed him by his jacket, but I'm sure he still remembers it to this day.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Two things:

1) I always seem to react stronger to movies than most people i know. sometimes during the movie itself, sometimes afterwards. I watched the disappearance of Eleanor Rigby the other day and i ended up crying for more than an hour. Just so emotional! I think we tend to be more inside the movie than most other folks. I guess combination of Ni and Fe

2) I get more upset about "the weak, the broken and the damned". Most people seem able to say "it's a movie, it's not real". For me it feels real regardless of knowing its acted. And even if acted, many things in movies do happen in real life. So dismissing it as acting is like closing your eyes that what is out there.

I don't have offspring, but i can imagine i would protect them fiercely. But not in smothering, over-mothering way. They have to explore, stumble and learn. But i'll be there with the hot chocolate afterwards. But if any other human being would do anything to them, they might unleash the biggest tornado of the century.
States of Grace inexplicably demolished me, in a very beautiful way. Same for The Fountain. Funny of how all my S friends absolutely hated that movie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts