4,773 Posts
As by the title, this post is gonna be short :tongue:

Se - See what is
Si - See what was
Ne - See what could be
Ni - See what should be

Thats it. :wink:

Discuss. :proud:

That's really clever. My take on Si has been just that, learning repetition and then becoming more affixed to what has worked in the past. Can we say than that Se is developing the skill of being aware of present moment details? That sounds right.

Ne does look at possibilities and Ni makes their judgments based on how they see things, especially for INFJ/INTJ.

It seems too simple to be true, but that's a really easy breakdown.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I do not agree on the Ni.
How does it not agree with you? How would you change it?

I personally think Ni may be more "see what would be" (under such and such conditions) like it sees possibilities but in a different way than Ne, it sees the alternative ways of looking at things.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me explain the Ni:
Both Ne and Ni deal with conditional or future informations, but in different ways. While Ne goes from the current point to several different future/conditional points (what could be), Ni goes from one or several current points to a single or few future/conditional points (what should be). Think of the Ni as the armchair detective, information comes to him and he unifies them into one scenario of what happened/should happen. The Ne on the other hand finds a piece of information and goes out and explore the world with the information bit as starting point. INFJs for example are often said to be "into" conspiracy theories. Thats the typical behaviour of Ni there: You have lots and lots of informations/experiences etc. and you want to get a single explanation for them, a theory that explains all that stuff. When you cant find one, you construct one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Let me explain the Ni:
Both Ne and Ni deal with conditional or future informations, but in different ways. While Ne goes from the current point to several different future/conditional points (what could be), Ni goes from one or several current points to a single or few future/conditional points (what should be). Think of the Ni as the armchair detective, information comes to him and he unifies them into one scenario of what happened/should happen. The Ne on the other hand finds a piece of information and goes out and explore the world with the information bit as starting point. INFJs for example are often said to be "into" conspiracy theories. Thats the typical behaviour of Ni there: You have lots and lots of informations/experiences etc. and you want to get a single explanation for them, a theory that explains all that stuff. When you cant find one, you construct one.
Is that why Ne and Ni detectives work well together? Ne goes out and scavenges/explores for more information (probably doesn't know when to stop) and then passes it to the Ni. The Ni then uses the information and comes up with a conclusion/theory?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Makes sense. I think you're right about the difference between Ne and Ni: Ni is more concerned with the follow-through of an idea, therefore minimizing the number of ideas, whereas Ne is more concerned with getting ideas out there, as many and as varied as possible with usually less follow-through.

It seems that Ni wants seeks a definite framework to capsulize the possibilities it sees. In the case of the ENTJ, the framework is to make it enforceable; in the case of the ENFJ, the framework is to make it workable; in the case of the INFJ, the framework is to make it communicable; and in the case of the INTJ, the framework is to make it infallible.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Ni is what has been, it is ability to construct patterns and models of what has been observed in past - these patterns and models the Ni user will then project into future which grants its user superior predictive ability

Ne is what could be, it is ability to construct new patterns and new models that could be applied in future - this grants person better creative ability

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So 'what should happen' is meaning 'what is likely to happen' and not 'what ought to or must happen'?

·
Registered
97 Posts
would agree with this, good explanation

always thought N/S divide had more to do with perception of time than the bullshit we normally hear of being practical or theoretical

·
Registered
828 Posts
Let me explain the Ni:
I disagree, actually. exploring for information is an Se pattern of behavior -- it tries to absorb every little bit of information it can from the outside world, but always staying within the realm of the concrete, tangible and real. Ne is more about creating multiple new theories and possibilities using one or more facts or concepts as a starting point.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
read again, I didnt say explore for information, but information as a starting point for exploration of the world, which is meant to be interpreted figuratively ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
As by the title, this post is gonna be short :tongue:

Se - See what is
Si - See what was
Ne - See what could be
Ni - See what should be

Thats it. :wink:

Discuss. :proud:
Let's discuss how awesome you are, Arachnophobia, for simplifying something that seemed so complex. By these definitions, I'm quite sure that I'm either an xSTP or or xNFJ. I lean towards the later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I disagree, actually. exploring for information is an Se pattern of behavior -- it tries to absorb every little bit of information it can from the outside world, but always staying within the realm of the concrete, tangible and real. Ne is more about creating multiple new theories and possibilities using one or more facts or concepts as a starting point.
Just wondering. Is exploring information like say collecting information from the internet a SE function?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts