Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTJ #1: I pooped in his backyard. We haven't talked since. He is non-confrontational, timid, and possibly a selective mutist. Average intelligence. Low conscientiousness; doesn't put effort in.
INTJ #2: When we first met, our conversation consisted of me talking at him while watching, fascinated, as he ate his bean sprouts. He would pick them up with his spoon, and mop them up with his tongue, which would retreat back into his mouth like a snail going back into it's shell when you touch it. Low intelligence (stupid). Has autism. Is insecure.
INTJ #3: Sociable, conventional, warm, and very normal. Aspires to be a writer. Rather boring. Slightly high intelligence.
INTJ #4: Friendly and humorous. Makes shitty jokes when tired. Lacks drive, but makes up for it with confidence. Ego: indestructible. Feedback: falls on deaf ears.
INTJ #5: Sensitive and artistically inclined. Hopelessly bad at math. Sensitive to criticism; once mistook me as soulmate. Reclusive, angsty, and stubborn. Close-minded.
INTJ #6: Well-adjusted and intelligent. Get's along with most, and is considerate and well-prepared. Open-minded.
INTJ #7: Debauchee. Promiscuous and sexually deviant. Very open-minded.

So I've returned to the INTJ forum after some time, and it's really helped me see it in a new light. Stop asking whether INTJs like this or do that or are this or aren't that. 'INTJ' is an extremely broad category which contains a whole manner of people. In fact, the four letters don't even describe personality (not directly); they describe how your brain works. Modern personality theorists (aka The Science Peoples) don't even trust the MBTI any more. Actually, if you're looking for a personality forum, go find a Big-5 forum or something (or enneagram. That too.) Let me say here that the INTJ forum, and indeed Personality Cafe as a whole, has a lot of strengths. It was a catalyst for my personal growth, and I met a lot of interesting people here. But defining people is not one of it's purposes, nor is putting them in a box. Threads as I mentioned above only propagate the stereotypes and reduce the effectiveness of a community whose sole purpose is to be "the place to discover yourself". You get what I'm saying. Staph, it's an infection, cuz INTJs are as varied as the colours on the rainbow. :crazy:
(PS: This is probably also the case on other forums too, but I just like poking the INTJ forum with a stick once in a while for some reason. I ain't even mad, bruh.)

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dafuq, why would you poop in someones backyard? UMAD?! :crazy:
I was trying to get a reaction out of him. Even that failed. Once, he broke his hand and I was taking notes for him, and before handing them over, I tore them up. His expression was like "yep, nothing noteworthy happened here".

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was trying to get a reaction out of him. Even that failed. Once, he broke his hand and I was taking notes for him, and before handing them over, I tore them up. His expression was like "yep, nothing noteworthy happened here".
Oh my god, I am laughing so hard right now. :laughing:

MBTI isn't accurate. None of these things are. I think of them as somewhat-more-descriptive adjectives. Rather than having one simple descriptive meaning, MBTI allows you to use four descriptive meanings at once in four neat little letters. INTJ is a quicker way of saying "needs quiet time, thinks big pictures, favors objectivity over emotional reasoning, and likes things to be orderly". Other INTJs tend to be the same way in those four points - and though everything else could be completely different, we can generally find something in common with other INTJs that we can't find in common with the rest of the population.

(If that turned out halfway-coherent I'll be surprised. It's past midnight where I'm at, lol.)

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my god, I am laughing so hard right now. :laughing:

MBTI isn't accurate. None of these things are. I think of them as somewhat-more-descriptive adjectives. Rather than having one simple descriptive meaning, MBTI allows you to use four descriptive meanings at once in four neat little letters. INTJ is a quicker way of saying "needs quiet time, thinks big pictures, favors objectivity over emotional reasoning, and likes things to be orderly". Other INTJs tend to be the same way in those four points - and though everything else could be completely different, we can generally find something in common with other INTJs that we can't find in common with the rest of the population.

(If that turned out halfway-coherent I'll be surprised. It's past midnight where I'm at, lol.)
You think it isn't coherent? Obviously you haven't read Rousseau.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts