Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Think about it, women in society do best when servile and as ESFPs and ESFJs. Men do Best as ESTJs and ESTPs. INTP women are somewhat rare in the sense of localized but overall they do make a fair population of the world. You might infact just be one :wink::laughing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not THAT rare, on the internet, especially on internet forums. Generally we're the geekiest girls. :laughing: But in real life... it's kind of hard to meet one another (than yourself).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been searching for my type and I find INTPs to be very interesting. Maybe you would care to help me find my type? I have a thread in the "Find my type" forum.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, why are INTPs commonly found in Internet forums but they're not very common in the real world? Do they actually exist? Or do they try to blend in to fit the social norms?

·
Registered
384 Posts
We don;t go out much and when we do we don't make a effort to meet new people. We prefer to stay with your current friends over meeting new ones. This all changes when on the internet. I suspect it's the lack of face to face and the fact that we can just leave whenever we want. But yes, we are quite rare. You may want to take a free test at www.mypersonality.info You just have to make a account and it lets you take the test for free. It's quite accurate.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Also, why are INTPs commonly found in Internet forums but they're not very common in the real world? Do they actually exist? Or do they try to blend in to fit the social norms?
You will also find INTPs interesting if you have Ti as your tertiary or inferior function. Typically people experience some degree of fascination with those who demonstrate good use of functions that are not well developed in them.

INTP women are rare - about 2% so 1 out of 50 women you'd meet. INTP males are relatively rare as well - about 1 in 20 men. For any T-type personality women will be more rare than men, as something like 80% of women test F. For any F-type personality men will be rare - only 20% of guys test F.

Most common place that I get to know INTPs is online in multiplayer games. Ones that have to do with robots, tanks, cars, spaceships, and that allow for competitive and creative elements. There you can observe the bunches of them at your leisure :p They are somewhat difficult to get to know, unless drunk. Alcohol seems to make them more alike ENTPs and so they become more talkative. Otherwise I would recommend taking computer programming classes and getting to know all the apparent introverts. Some are likely to be INTPs. It is rare to see them at social events, unless their friends managed to drag them out there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the internet we're somewhat common, in real life quite rare. INFJs are even rarer though, male INFJs especially. And I'd say female INTJs are more rare than female INTPs.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Pretty rare, IME. Its easier to find them online than in real life. I can actually relate pretty well to INFP women, they are a lotlike me but I have to be a little bit careful about touchy subjects because sometimes they react in a way that I wouldn't expect them to, but I appreciate their sensitivity. I respect INTJ women but find that they can be a little restricted. I usually know when I've met another INTP woman, other women are rarely as bizarre as I am.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've managed to find another possible INTP female, although she's highly balanced, especially in the N/S field, which might account for her inability to relate with me, the more unbalanced INTP. However, they are hard to find, even among the disproportionately large number of Thinking types that compose my social circle.

People I've typed:

INTP x2 (including myself)
INTJ x3
ESTP (highly balanced, excluding Extroversion)
ISTJ (again, highly balanced)
INFP
ISFJ
ESTJ

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think I am an INTP but sometimes I get the result as ISFP which is the artist and I can't draw and not good at art. So get different results but generally INTP is more me . I've never met anyone like me ever then feel like I'm the only one. Also I'm a type 9 ennegram personality which is also kinda rare

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I am an INTP but sometimes I get the result as ISFP which is the artist and I can't draw and not good at art. So get different results but generally INTP is more me . I've never met anyone like me ever then feel like I'm the only one. Also I'm a type 9 ennegram personality which is also kinda rare
Well, if you feel INTP describes you best, then that's what you (probably) are. But I just want to point out that simply because ISFP is tagged "The Artist" does not mean all ISFP's have to be good at some sort of "art". My dad's an ISFP, and he's a copier technician.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel the same way, mizzcasual. I get the result of ISFP once. It confused me, and that's why I'm still an unknown personality. xD

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You will also find INTPs interesting if you have Ti as your tertiary or inferior function. Typically people experience some degree of fascination with those who demonstrate good use of functions that are not well developed in them.

INTP women are rare - about 2% so 1 out of 50 women you'd meet. INTP males are relatively rare as well - about 1 in 20 men. For any T-type personality women will be more rare than men, as something like 80% of women test F. For any F-type personality men will be rare - only 20% of guys test F.

Most common place that I get to know INTPs is online in multiplayer games. Ones that have to do with robots, tanks, cars, spaceships, and that allow for competitive and creative elements. There you can observe the bunches of them at your leisure :p They are somewhat difficult to get to know, unless drunk. Alcohol seems to make them more alike ENTPs and so they become more talkative. Otherwise I would recommend taking computer programming classes and getting to know all the apparent introverts. Some are likely to be INTPs. It is rare to see them at social events, unless their friends managed to drag them out there.
hahaha, I am quite competitive with Starcraft 2 XD

edit: the second part is quite accurate as well

edit: okay pretty much everything you wrote was spot on XD

1 - 20 of 39 Posts