Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ISFPs, most of you have seen me in this forum and read my posts. Recently, I became slightly unsure about being ISFP. I want to know, which is my personality type considering to my posts? Which function is my dom?

This idea came from this post. http://personalitycafe.com/isfp-forum-artists/860546-mistyping-game-2.html
Tega1 - I support ESFP type for you.

The red spirit - An inner INTJ, because I see strong Te in your posts.

Also this thread is open for your feedback about me(I'm curious selfish asshole:proud:).

·
Registered
ISFP, 9w8/4/5 sp/sx, Ravenpuff
861 Posts
Reactions: Miniblini

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Hello ISFPs, most of you have seen me in this forum and read my posts. Recently, I became slightly unsure about being ISFP. I want to know, which is my personality type considering to my posts? Which function is my dom?

This idea came from this post. http://personalitycafe.com/isfp-forum-artists/860546-mistyping-game-2.html

The red spirit - An inner INTJ, because I see strong Te in your posts

Also this thread is open for your feedback about me(I'm curious selfish asshole:proud:).
Here is my thought on this. Our primary function is an introverted judging function. Our extraverting function is Se. Guess how useful that is on a web site like PerC? Yep, practically useless--at least if you want to use words. Words for us, come from our inferior function, which would be... ta da! Te!

The only real judge of who you are is you, to be honest. But it may be hard to grasp, because--well, who we are is who we are, and we don't honestly think about that. Illustration:

Pick up your fork and eat. What hand did you use? Did you think about it before you picked up the fork? I didn't think so. Now, pick up the fork with your opposite hand to eat. What happens? Now every movement you make trying to eat becomes apparent to you.

If you have a ball, pick it up and throw it. What hand did you use? Did you have to think about how you threw it? Now try with your opposite hand, and feel how aware you are of the process.

Here is how we can apply it to our personality/temperament. Who you are is who you naturally are--where you fit, when you don't have to think about it, when you are home, in your socks, with your feet up and relaxed. What matters most to you then? Where do you find your equilibrium? In this world, we all have to extravert our judgments--school is a prime "Te" place. logical, executive thinking, based on facts and data that is objective, measurable, quantifiable is something we all have to do. That doesn't make any of us a Te type. One thing I've always observed is that strong Te types not merely thrive on this, but they are drawn to it. I love things like facts, and knowing how things work, but it's not really my bread and butter. It's like a sideline hobby of mine. But I could easily imagine, were I younger, I might be confused by all that. However, for me, deep down, I know what is right for me, and have strong feelings about things--feelings that don't, IMO, merely apply to me, but are universal--the irony being that I simultaneously do not want, nor could I, try to apply those to others' lives. That would be Te (or Fe, depending, I guess). I also am absolutely incapable of articulating those values in a way that is comprehensible to most Te types (especially STJ types), nor Ti and Fe types. In fact, the Fe types get the most confused and even offended, when I am compelled to explain my choices. I hate having to do this. IMO, if you were a true Te type, this is the sort of thing you would thrive on--sharing, telling, making executive decisions--management, or leadership or at least explaining things would be something that matters to you. The irony is that when I must, like in a group, where there is no one willing to take the lead, I can lead, but it not something I enjoy or take to naturally. Even ISTJs are more willing and adept.

If you were an Fe type, you would be comparable, but more in the realm of feeling judgments. Fe types are not only aware of the emotional temperature in an environment, but they are able to more readily adapt to it, and also act as a thermostat, to regulate it. They may not be so aware of how individuals feel, nor the why, but they will be aware of how it is affecting others, and will want to regulate that (even if it doesn't work, often enough).

Don't know that any of this helps, but there it is...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I periodically question my typing as well. Or I used to. Have you done this? If you're not sure of your type and want an accurate test this one is pretty great. I'd be happy to score your results if you like. I was pretty convinced of my type since taking this and haven't really felt the need to question it.

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...ive-scenario-questionnaire-2-0-self-type.html
Holy crap, I cried like a bitch during the first scenario. XD good thing that it only got better for there!

Yeah, that settles it, I am totes an Isfp!

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

·
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just before start I want to say, that this reminds me of MBTI video game Pneuma. It was posted in perC.

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Creepy stuff, but why no one said this to me!?. Seriously, what happened in this scenario? I divorced and went to look at rings, wtf? Not sure if love that person, but of course it will make me sad. If I don't love her, why I should care? This situation is unclear. Just looked what is stage 4 cancer, this is deadly. I don't want people to die from it, but I can't do anything (this is bit sad).

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I will help him with some questions, but definitely all, and if I can make him to think about answer himself, I wouldn't say them that easily. Professor must be really dumb, if he does those things (I would really like to have dumb teachers). i would help him, because I don't want to look like asshole. I had one acquaintance, probably ENFP, who always wanted answers from me, I helped him at first three times, but later he became very annoying, so I ignored him. He asked others for answers and got them, but I still don't understand, how dumb you have to be, to ask for every answer:dry:.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Project 2 is more interesting, why? Because it is better for introverts. Project 1 doesn't have clear direction and I will be confused on what to do. Also project 1 seems to be too random. Project 2 is more concrete, but it doesn't mean, that it couldn't be creative. I just like project 2 more. Also I don't really care about impact to company very much (can be of my lack of work experience, I'm still 16 years old).

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

Yay, short scenario (it fits in small editing window). I would feel useless and get worst job in this group. They are superior to me. Maybe I will say my ideas, but it's still not good situation. Sometimes I just want to show my bit crazy originality and those people may think I'm not normal or just not serious at all(damn judgers). I would still try to contribute for this project as much as I can, because everything I do, I want to do as good as possible or just in other ways perfect.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Sleep and forget everything or just do whatever I want (mostly PC). Lately I am extending my know ledge about cars, it energizes me. Reason why I do this is simple. My xbox 360 broke down (I have been Forza 3 fan for years and became one of the best driver at Fujimi Kaido) and I read Initial D. This duet inspired me to do this. Now I wish about owning car.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

I would prefer to do decision individually, because I want to concentrate better.
Artist-no, I don't know how to do it, but I like it
Scientist-maybe, if it's not too hard
Actor-maybe, if I can remember what to say, also I have some talent here.
Engineer-no, booooooring
Musician-no, it is very unstable career in my opinion, I would want safer career
Lawyer-no, I will be hated by so many people, that I would become psycho one day.
Counselor-no, I'm not good at giving advice, I' impatient and sometimes aggressive and I can't stand lies in court.
Entrepreneur-maybe, but I have to have some knowledge and restore good relationship with maths:bored:.
Teacher-no, one of the most ungrateful jobs ever and you have to know a lot. Also, student are assholes.
Manager-maybe, but not very suitable for introvert.
Psychologist-maybe no, because I would be confused and shy:blushed:.
Computer programmer/analyst-no, extremely boring
Clergy-what if I want to punch them into face, when they say that god exists?
Child care-I wouldn't stand their silliness and would start yelling after few days.
Medical doctor-maybe, can't say too much about it.
Picking 3 is impossible. Also there was no yes, so I'm not sure about them all, because I lack experience.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Same canyon which was Samsung galaxy tab 10.1's wallpaper, I'm pretty bored of it already. There are a lot of orange color and lines on rocks. Amazing, that there are trees and water, shouldn't it be too hot for them? lots of shadows. I would want to be there, because I think it's deadly infinity, environment is bit depressing. Oh wait, this is the same location, where latest Star wars game took place. Also, I think that, some rocks may fall on your head:crying:. Word blasphemy, reminds me of "this is Sparta" remix
. Okay, enough of this picture.

Can someone analyze my answers?I never took this test before, if it matters.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Can I call you Ferre? It's easier to remember it.
Most shorten it to ferro... but even then, you don't get the @ mention if you do that. The name means something--ferro--iron; equine--horse; -ologist--student of (or fan of)... And then look at my profile if you don't get it, the pic should be the final clue. ;-)

·
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most shorten it to ferro... but even then, you don't get the @ mention if you do that. The name means something--ferro--iron; equine--horse; -ologist--student of (or fan of)... And then look at my profile if you don't get it, the pic should be the final clue. ;-)
lol, forgot, that i can mention people:laughing:.

·
Registered
861 Posts
lol, forgot, that i can mention people:laughing:.
Alright, I looked over your answers of the test and it's not completely clear (having seen the picture before messes with things a little) and other people might disagree with me.

Scenarios 1 and 2: It's not clear what F function you're using. If anything, your answers almost have a Ti vibe to them rather than an F function at all. The only thing I could clearly get from these answers was that your F-function is very low in your function stack.

Scenarios 3 and 4: In both cases you demonstrate clear and very strong Ti.

Scenario 5: Definitely introverted. The fact that you focused on improving your knowledge of cars, want to own and work on one, and like playing video games all sort of implies Se as well.

Scenario 6: The only thing I got from this is that you're not very confident in yourself and that you really need a job where you can work hands on, preferably on a technical, possibly exciting, subject. So that seems like a very Se/Ti again.

Scenario 7: Having already seen the picture messes with the results. The results seem generally more S and generally more T.

Overall you seem to definitely come across as an ISTP. In fact, you seem very distinctly ISTP. But I could have mistyped you. It would be worth it to get a second and even third opinion.

Also, if I did type you right and you feel that this fits you better, please don't stop hanging out with us! :blushed:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Scenario 1-Te but with some Si, actually?

Scenario 2-Fi

Scenario 3-Some possible Te, but Se is about making impacts. Still that could be your age.

Scenario 4: Why would they be superior necessarily? I see inferior Ne a bit.

Scenario 5: Gathering knowledge for knowledge sake is Ti yet you seem to be planning to own a car so Te for application, but also a form of Si.

Scenario 6: Fi because you can't stand lies in court. Si though because you want a lot of experience before you jump into something? A lot of prep, perhaps, if that's how you mean it. You want security in your job.

Scenario 7: Inferior Ne because the scenario ended with rocks falling on heads.

But keep in mind, I am a novice. You definitely have Fi and Te in your functional stacks. Perhaps your answers will be read differently by others. I see ISTJ, myself.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7 sx/sp
2,447 Posts
I think it's pretty normal for ISFPs to keep questioning their type. I needed a lot of people confirming it for me before I was able to see it. And if someone appears to be doubting it then we can take it on board. It'll work itself out with time, don't stress :)

·
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it's pretty normal for ISFPs to keep questioning their type. I needed a lot of people confirming it for me before I was able to see it. And if someone appears to be doubting it then we can take it on board. It'll work itself out with time, don't stress :)
In my thread Mega Q, which is in INTJ forum, lots of them are unsure about their type.

·
Registered
861 Posts
@Whatexists @Monroe

Thanks for your opinions, but you both see different function in same text, so I still need more answers.
I think that is wise. If you post your answers in the thread where that test comes from you'll get a lot of opinions. Keeping in mind that some people are better at this than others, it would be worth finding people whose knowledge you trust to type you. In lieu of that I'd suggest compiling what appears to be the most common opinions expressed the most eloquently.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I think that is wise. If you post your answers in the thread where that test comes from you'll get a lot of opinions. Keeping in mind that some people are better at this than others, it would be worth finding people whose knowledge you trust to type you. In lieu of that I'd suggest compiling what appears to be the most common opinions expressed the most eloquently.
My problem with these sorts of threads is that you always will get replies that cover the whole gamut. Where one sees Fi, another sees Fe or even sensing or intuition or thinking... IMO, they can lead to even more confusion and self-doubt.

Probably the best way to do it is to find a test that seems to be good. Personally, I like the one on Team Technology: Online Business Resources because it tries to balance things. One feature it has is that it is a scale, not just a binary choice. I like that because there are lots of questions that one may just not have strong feelings about. Setting these to the very middle takes them out of the equation.

But the key to any test is to get into the right frame of mind. You need to be in a state of equilibrium. Next, when answering the questions, make sure that you are answering what is truly true for you--even if the answer is awkward, i.e. not flattering in your opinion. Be willing to be 200% brutally honest with yourself. Also, there is typically a tendency or desire to answer with what you think you should be like, or what you aspire to be like. RESIST THAT URGE. I once took a test, answering how I would like to be--not intentionally, but sort of in a bad frame of mind. I knew taking the test, that some of the answers I gave were not totally honest, but more wishful thinking. I got INTJ. I went back and changed three or four answers, and popped out ISFP the next time. Weird, but true. One last point. Try to answer with the big picture in mind--who you are most of the time--add perspective to your answers. Try to think of multiple circumstances, multiple people, etc. The big thing is to be honest with yourself about yourself. It's not so easy as it seems. But for me, that is how I approach the tests, and I try to remove what I know about MBTI, and just go by the questions. I almost invariably come back ISFP. I can't remember a recent test when I didn't. ;-)

But honestly.... IMO, tests are better.

One other thing to try. Read the descriptions on CelebrityTypes.com, especially Michael Pierce's. Put together, I think they give a clear picture. Then, I'd read other, similar ones, like ISTP, ISTJ, ISFJ, and INTJ. Those will help. Next, INFP. Oh, and probably ESFP, etc. just in case you aren't sure about the I/E dichotomy. ;-)

There is also the official MBTI test online somewhere. There is a link in the MBTI sub-forum. it's a binary answer test, which I don't like normally, but they seem to balance the options with multiple questions on comparable things that cancel out missed answers. It's long.

·
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
How long have you thought you were an ISFP and why? I thought I was an INTP at one stage, but talked to lots of NTs and soon sorted that one out.
Around 7 months. I thought, that I was introverted feeling type, because I wasn't cold like ISTPs. After some time being with other ISFPs I realised that I'm not using my feelings so much (especially feeling Miniblini). I'm not trying to say that I don't have feelings, but I don't use them very much. I can use my inner feelings a lot, but they aren't most important thing. I just feel(this feeling can be Ni or Fi and it adds even more confusion) that my Te and Fi are at same level. Mostly, I'm not sure about my function order, but I'm almost sure I use Fi Se Te Ni (no order here).

I have been studying MBTI for over 2 years in total.

I will write my knowledge level percentages of cognitive functions here:
Fi 60%
Fe 60%
Se 20%
Si 40%
Ni 85%
Ne 50%
Ti 65
Te 90%

Also your question is very good. It could be typing questionnaires.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Everyone forget it, I just reassured that I'm ISFP.

But you can still write everything about me here
Well, now i'm interested. How did you reassured yourself of your isfpness?

·
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, now i'm interested. How did you reassured yourself of your isfpness?
I just sat down and thought why do this or that. I realised, that I do everything because I want to (Fi) and only bit later use other functions (Se, Ni, Te)to realise my ideas. Maybe I am wrong about my insight.

1 - 20 of 300 Posts