Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed there wasn't a specific thread dedicated to smaller questions, so I'm hoping this might be the start of one of those! I often have some small question that I don't think is worth making a whole thread about, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so yeah, here's the thread for that.

I'll start with two:

If I had missed the chance to approach a girl I didn't know (but have been exchanging eye-contact with for a few weeks), did I mess up for good? I happened to be out of school at the same time as her, and we were both walking home alone. I was rather tired and couldn't come up with the motivation/mental clarity to start-up a clever conversation, so just remained a little distant. She's probably two grades lower than me, but looks older, and hey, I'm interested, and we've both noticed each other. I think it's time I at least get to know her name and introduce myself and such.

Are women able/willing to look through pimples, as long as it's not over-the-top and your general hygiene and fashion-sense and such are alright?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I can't answer the first, but i'm leaning towards yes

for the second, yes, women are willing to look past pimples, sometimes even pretty severe cases

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I wouldn't say you messed up entirely. Just do it the next time. Conversation starters include: her hair, her clothes, offering to carry her books (classically corny, I know). It's also very cute when a guy says, "Been trying to work up the nerve to talk to you" or something along those lines. Makes us feel important, ya know?

For the second, yes. As long as you take care of yourself, then yes. Pimples can't be avoided, sadly :(

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't say you messed up entirely. Just do it the next time. Conversation starters include: her hair, her clothes, offering to carry her books (classically corny, I know). It's also very cute when a guy says, "Been trying to work up the nerve to talk to you" or something along those lines. Makes us feel important, ya know?

For the second, yes. As long as you take care of yourself, then yes. Pimples can't be avoided, sadly :(
Alright, thanks!

I was already thinking of straight-up telling her I think she looks attractive. Not in a creepy way, but just be like "Hey, I just wanted to tell you I think you're pretty." and see where the conversation goes from there.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I noticed there wasn't a specific thread dedicated to smaller questions, so I'm hoping this might be the start of one of those! I often have some small question that I don't think is worth making a whole thread about, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so yeah, here's the thread for that.

I'll start with two:

If I had missed the chance to approach a girl I didn't know (but have been exchanging eye-contact with for a few weeks), did I mess up for good? I happened to be out of school at the same time as her, and we were both walking home alone. I was rather tired and couldn't come up with the motivation/mental clarity to start-up a clever conversation, so just remained a little distant. She's probably two grades lower than me, but looks older, and hey, I'm interested, and we've both noticed each other. I think it's time I at least get to know her name and introduce myself and such.

Are women able/willing to look through pimples, as long as it's not over-the-top and your general hygiene and fashion-sense and such are alright?
No, i don't think you messed up. You can still make advances towards her in a nice way. I wouldn't be too pushy, although i would let her know you're interested in some small way.

Second question : I don't think this is a deal breaker as long as your hygiene is good overall. Women can get passed superficial things as long as men treat them right, with respect and so on.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I really like the scent of vanilla on girls, although any perfume that I can smell has yet to be a bad one. Smelling these on a woman would increase my desire to talk to her for sure.

Reactions: Laney

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

I'll start with two:

To the first question: No, especially if you're not normally very social. If a guy's not usually super social, it's easy to assume that he just needed alone time or was being shy.
To the second question: Yes. I've overlooked severe acne.

My question: I'm going to college in the fall. My boyfriend will still be in high school. I'll be living 2 1/2 hours away. Is that considered a long distance relationship, and does it sound unnecessary to break up?
If I got to college and decided I wanted to break up, would it be okay to break up via facebook or phone (he doesn't have a phone, but he might by then), or should I drive the 2.5 hours?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
My question: I'm going to college in the fall. My boyfriend will still be in high school. I'll be living 2 1/2 hours away. Is that considered a long distance relationship, and does it sound unnecessary to break up?
If I got to college and decided I wanted to break up, would it be okay to break up via facebook or phone (he doesn't have a phone, but he might by then), or should I drive the 2.5 hours?
I don't think it's considered a long distance relationship. And it's not just about the distance, but about the frequency you see each other as well. To me, it would be a silly reason to break up, but to some people, it's enough of a distance to ruin a relationship. If you need constant physical intimacy, it can be hard. I don't think anyone can answer this question for you.

If you decide to break up, I would suggest doing it in person. It takes more courage, but it's usually the best choice. It's a good way to bring closure to the relationship, and it won't leave doubts or second thoughts. Also, some people think it's demeaning to not break up in person. There are exceptions though, and if you think it'll be better for him (not just for your convenience) to break up by phone or text, then do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts