Personality Cafe banner

Which Stickies Should be Removed?(INFJs Only Please)

• INFJ Pictures Sticky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ Fashion

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • You know you're an INFJ when...

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • How do you stereotypically visually image...

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Rarity of Male INFJs

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • INFJs are amazing

• Personal INFJ Videos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an INFJ(insert here)

• INFJ Famous person List

• INFJ stereotypes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us have come to the decision to remove some of the stickies that we have on our beloved sub-forum. To make this official, we would like the cooperation of all INFJs to decide which stickies to remove to make room for other more productive stickies and to declutter some of the ones we have right now.

In a bit, a poll will be added where you will be allowed unlimited choices of the stickies that you want to take out.

If you feel that the stickies are fine as they are, or another complaint or question, please use this thread to ask those questions.

Some of the future stickies that we want to place are the following:

- A venting thread

- A newbies guide to the INFJ personality

- A counselor INFJ for people with need of advice

More of this will be discussed on subsequent threads, but for now, this will suffice.

Thank you for your cooperation on making this sub-forum better.

-INFJ Community

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Poll has been added, and has an expiration date of 1 day, which means that you have 24 hours to vote on which stickies will be removed.

@TreeBob (since you're the only one that's online right now) Could you please make the options for the above poll multiple choice. Sorry, I forgot to configure that. Thanks

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
My Votes:

Vote Up for Venting Thread, Counselor Thread, "Poetry and Prose .. The Surreal Snake" thread
Vote Down for: Guide to INFJ Newbies <-- Doesn't "you know you're an INFJ when" serve the same purpose?
Vote Removal of Sticky for: INFJ Stereotypes (there are 2 stickys of the same subject), Rarity of Male INFJ's,

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vote Down for: Guide to INFJ Newbies <-- Doesn't "you know you're an INFJ when" serve the same purpose?
Perhaps. But I was thinking that we could get the main pointers on that page and make a compressed version out of it. There are patterns among what is written on that thread that can more accurately tell us about the INFJ personality.

But we'll see. If people prefer to have the "you know you're an INFJ when" thread instead of the manual, then we'll leave it as it is.

Reactions: sea cucumber

·
Registered
392 Posts
Keep
Pictures
Videos
You know you're an INFJ when..
INFJ's are amazing

Make
Counsel for the Counsellor's thread
Newbie guide

Intergrate
Stereotypically visually image and INFJ stereotypes threads
The Dear ____, From ____ thread with The Conscious venting thread

Unsticky
INFJ Fashion = Not enough pages/traffic
Famous person list = Articles

Keep? (Unsure)
Rarity of INFJ Males = If we unsticky thread will keep popping up.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I like the Newbies guid to INFJ's

unsticky fashion, rairity of INFJ males, you know your an INFJ when

Reactions: Alaya

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It's probably better to leave stickies there and add new ones. You never know who will find them useful in a year when the majority of us are not here.

Besides they were useful to a group of INFJ's at some point or else they wouldn't be there.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
It's probably better to leave stickies there and add new ones. You never know who will find them useful in a year when the majority of us are not here.

Besides they were useful to a group of INFJ's at some point or else they wouldn't be there.
That's an entirely reasonable and understandable thought.

How very boring....

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Poll has been added, and has an expiration date of 1 day, which means that you have 24 hours to vote on which stickies will be removed.

@TreeBob (since you're the only one that's online right now) Could you please make the options for the above poll multiple choice. Sorry, I forgot to configure that. Thanks
It can't be changed in the way as it isn't an option for me when I edit.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
removal
- How do you stereotypically visually image...
- Rarity of Male INFJs
- INFJs are amazing
- INFJ stereotypes

add
+ some kind of venting thread (hard to distinguish between people that want help vs are venting)
+ that INFJ map thread - its literally titled "INFJ Map" and was somebody's project.

Reactions: Alaya

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*bump*

Since it's not possible to make the poll multiple choice, I'll have to do this manually. The INFJs who haven't responded yet, please make a list of stickies you want removed, and stickies you want to have displayed. Unless you feel that it isn't necessary.

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Remove:
  • INFJ Fashion
  • How Do You Stereotypically ...
  • Rarity of Male INFJs
  • I am an INFJ ...
  • INFJ Stereotypes
Keep:
  • INFJ Pictures
  • INFJ Videos
  • INFJs are amazing ...
  • Famous Persons List
Add:
  • Dear [Subject Inserted], ... Sincerely, [MBTI Type]
That should de-clutter the forum a bit. I'm all for stickies, but many of the current ones are trivial and of very little worth. With my list, there would be five stickies in total, which I consider plenty. Too many stickies block the natural flow of different conversation topics, since there is only enough room for so many posts on the front page. Best to leave just the important ones, I think.

EDIT: And the letter thread can double as a place to vent frustrations.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
yeah, a lot of the threads stickied right now are the kind of threads that either a) are fairly pointless and yet get enough activity that they can sustain themselves in the threadpool, or b) have a point, but still have plenty of related threads being made in the threadpool (thus they're not serving their sticky function)

I remember way back when as a Mod that activity would help determine a thread's survival - but 'worthiness' was what got things stickied. My jury is still out on threads I don't know anything about (i.e. "Fashion", but stereotypes, Rarity of Males, are definitely out.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
Keep "You know you're an INFJ when..." It was what got me into this forum, and so many fireworks went off in my head when I saw it. I had come home!

I have no opinion on the others, really. Maybe not stereotypes, since it seems the original post had been a joke that wasn't true??

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The "You know you're an INFJ..." and the "I am INFJ(insert here)" seem pretty redundant to me. I would say we could have one or the other.

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, I did a quick glance of the post that you guys are leaning towards removing and adding. I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Threads to be removed:

(-) INFJ Fashion

(-) Rarity of Male INFJs

(-) INFJ Stereotypes

(-) INFJs are amazing

Threads that we would like to see in the future:

(+) Vent Thread

(+) INFJ Map

(+) Counseling Thread (I'm still not sure how this would work out, though)

(+) Poetry Thread (Surreal Snake's Thread)

(+) Newbie Guide for INFJs

(+) Dear/Sincerely(personality type) Letter Thread

I'm well aware that if we add these threads, the sticky section would still look cluttered, but I think it's a more efficient and productive use of space for people trying to learn about INFJs.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I disagree about removing rarity of males, sure it's like beating a dead horse but threads are going to keep popping up on it.

Remove:
- Stereotypical Image
- INFJs are amazing
- INFJ fashion
- I am an INFJ

Rest I'm indifferent to.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with the above ^

Just to clarify, we're removing both of the stereotype threads and not just one, right?
Personally I don't like those stereotype threads, and honestly, I don't think we need them either. So if we don't get any votes against their removal, they will go.

I disagree about removing rarity of males, sure it's like beating a dead horse but threads are going to keep popping up on it.

Remove:
- Stereotypical Image
- INFJs are amazing
- INFJ fashion
- I am an INFJ

Rest I'm indifferent to.
There's already two threads about rarity of male INFJs as it is. So I think it's safe to say that people will keep making them regardless if they are stickies or not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts