Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a One, it’s likely that you:
  1. Obey (or fight with) an inner voice that points out your faults and mistakes and tells you how you could have done things better.
  2. Measure everything — especially yourself and your own performance — by exacting standards because there is a right and wrong way to do everything.
  3. Work long and hard, and expect others to do the same, but feel guilty if you say so because you also feel you must be kind, amiable and fair toward others.
  4. Have to finish all your work before you can play, but somehow all the work never seems to get done.
  5. Tend to make To-Do lists — either verbal or written — for yourself and others.
  6. Have to meet all needs of the people around you before you can meet your own and therefore usually put yourself last on your own list.
  7. Often feel resentment, which you try to mask so that others don’t see or feel it.
  8. Reflect on issues until you can state your conclusion with the conviction that you are right.
  9. Believe that, because you’ve thought it through so clearly, your way is usually the right and best way to do something.
  10. Encourage others to be as responsible as you feel you are.
  11. Are a high energy person who desires to get a lot done.
  12. Are a private person who is guarded in conversation lest you reveal more about yourself than you want others to know.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you are a Two, it’s likely that you:
  1. Believe the way of service is the most valid way to live.
  2. Are able to respond to most any human need presented to you.
  3. Believe most people aren’t grateful enough for all that you do for them.
  4. Naturally focus on other people and their interests in conversations rather than talk about yourself.
  5. Comment so as not to hurt other people or put them on edge.
  6. Use words to maintain distance when another person becomes too pushy.
  7. Are aware of other people’s sensitive areas and use that ability either to help them or, if they do something offensive or hurtful, comment to temper their behavior.
  8. Find that other people depend on you and you can feel overburdened in these relationships.
  9. Believe the world would benefit if others chose the way of service as you do.
  10. Are known for your personal approach to problems but not necessarily for your objectivity.
  11. Prefer group process and stand by decisions that emerge from it.
  12. Take a long time to make decisions so others won’t be hurt or disappointed by a rash decision.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are a Six, it is likely that you:

1. Keep a full schedule and enjoy being active.
  2. Like people to tell you that you are performing well and that you are loved, respected and appreciated.
  3. Think the most respectful way to make a decision is to gather the opinions of those who will be affected by it and take this information into account as you make it.
  4. Value the cards, notes and letters people give you and appreciate the gifts people give you as symbols of their respect.
  5. Consider it an element of prudence to gain the appropriate credentials you need to do your job and similarly appreciate others who have achieved credentials for their work.
  6. Like to know the rules, customs or norms in a situation so you can determine the way you want to respond.
  7. Appreciate order, ceremony and protocol, and like having a person or group set these parameters and put them into effect.
  8. Are responsible and wonder why others can be irresponsible.
  9. Sometimes feel you are too responsible and need to strike out on your own and have your own way.
  10. Do your share of the work and wish others would do the same.
  11. Let others know your feelings when they are consistently ungrateful for your hard work, though it may take you a long time to reach the point of saying something.
  12. Appreciate those who support you and make their decisions in the light of the needs of all.
[Source]

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
If you are a One, it’s likely that you:
  1. Obey (or fight with) an inner voice that points out your faults and mistakes and tells you how you could have done things better.
  2. Measure everything — especially yourself and your own performance — by exacting standards because there is a right and wrong way to do everything.
  3. Work long and hard, and expect others to do the same, but feel guilty if you say so because you also feel you must be kind, amiable and fair toward others.
  4. Have to finish all your work before you can play, but somehow all the work never seems to get done.
  5. Tend to make To-Do lists — either verbal or written — for yourself and others.
  6. Have to meet all needs of the people around you before you can meet your own and therefore usually put yourself last on your own list.
  7. Often feel resentment, which you try to mask so that others don’t see or feel it.
  8. Reflect on issues until you can state your conclusion with the conviction that you are right.
  9. Believe that, because you’ve thought it through so clearly, your way is usually the right and best way to do something.
  10. Encourage others to be as responsible as you feel you are.
  11. Are a high energy person who desires to get a lot done.
  12. Are a private person who is guarded in conversation lest you reveal more about yourself than you want others to know.
I was looking for another thread and came across this one that I never seen before. I didn't even realize some of these are "One" traits, I thought it was just me. Very interesting. 7 hurts QQ

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fives and Ones are incredibly different - at the very base level, Fives are of the Head Triad, whereas Ones are of the Gut Triad. I would advise you read up on both types as well as look at the Misidentification threads, which are stickied.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh man, the One information is me to a T. No wonder I always seem to score 1 then 2 (being my wing) and 6 as a close 3rd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts