Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fitness fans! For a long time it's been in debate just how much exercise is enough exercise. This article, based on the results of 2 studies, provides a hint on "how much is enough". I leave below a quote from the article; hope it's of help to you all!

"The sweet spot for exercise benefits, however, came among those who tripled the recommended level of exercise, working out moderately, mostly by walking, for 450 minutes per week, or a little more than an hour per day. Those people were 39 percent less likely to die prematurely than people who never exercised. At that point, the benefits plateaued, the researchers found, but they never significantly declined. "

Full Article Here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/the-right-dose-of-exercise-for-a-longer-life/?_r=0

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. That's a tough standard to meet. I doubt most people who are working out regularly meet the 450 minutes sweet spot. I'm not up to that level either, but I typically exceed the recommended. And I like tennis, so I'll keep that tip in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts