Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had one of those days were you take a look at the world and wonder how the fuck did we even manage to come this far as a species?

Being only, what 5% or 6% of a total population, makes me realize how very little logic seems to run through just about your average human being on a daily basis. You can compile an entire library documenting every single illogical thing you can come across just from watching videos on youtube or browsing a forum. In fact you don't even need to do that; Youtube already did that for you.

Now I understand why were known as the personality types that hardest to read. After all it takes more effort than not at all to actually get into someone's mind. But if you are illogical and you run with other illogical people then that effort is as natural as breathing. And this depresses me beyond anything else these days.

Every day I see examples on tv, internet, movies, books, life in general; all these flawed and just bizzare illogical actions and choices people make. Like people laying on the ground in a busy street. People lighting fires in their butt holes. Or people who choose to watch Titanic.

Anyway I wanted to know what other flaws and stupid shit you guys see on a daily basis. And if possible can you explain so in detail? I just want to make sure i'm not the only sane man left on this planet before I consider voluntary joining a doomed trip to Mars.

Here's one for me.

Job applications: If there is one thing that is just wrong with finding work is having to fill out one of these things online. I say online because paper and human interaction has been filtered out so HAL can determine if your score and fake personality is good enough to work as a bag boy at Ralphs. Now i'm not saying that there is something wrong with finding work. You got to do what you got to do. But jobs these days just make you feel so stupid for even wanting to work at their company even if they had a position open.

Worst part: The survey and background check.
I get the companies want to make sure your suited enough to suppress your alcoholic rage so you can pretend to give a shit about their customers. And trust me, there is general pride in helping old miss Wolfington get a can of beans off the top shelf. But I think there should be a cutoff point to which surveys and background checks are employed to handle that. And that rate is below dollars an hour.

Surveys: So most surveys are set up so that they can find the best of the asskissers who would be perfect for their company motto policy or some semblance of the company actually caring about customers. But there's already an inherent flaw with this type of hiring practice. Turnovers are bitch.

1. The surveys tell you nothing about a person personally: People love mom and pop stores for one reason and one only. There is personal connection between customer and employee. It's more easy to become attach or even loyal to a business if there is at least a basic emotional connection, which is usually connected to the unique personalities with which a business chooses to employ. We used to call these kinds of employees as characters or even by their actual name. Large companies on the other hand feel sterile and non-offensive, trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Employees there are just tools with name tags, not allowed to even express general emotions or even act like real people.
Which is exactly what these surveys are attuned to find. Non-offense dick suckers.

2. The surveys lie: One thing you learn very quickly from 3rd party investigators is that generally people will lie to get a job. Well shit glad we got all these shirlocks on the case in exchange for tax dollars for that information. But really can you blame almost everyone for that these days. With the rise of unemployment from collage degree holding 20 somethings to the fresh out of highschool graduates, I would be shock if anyone tells the truth on these surveys. But my problem isn't with dishonesty by people actually wanting job. It's the way companies use tatics like surveys that force people to lie from the get go.
Every survey reads like being questioned by homeland security to look for any signs of a lack loyalty to the US. Some questions are benign like "Have you ever dropped out of school". Then there are questions that make me think this company believes it's applicants are murderous thugs. "It's maddening when a court let's a guilty man go free". Then they make you answer with a 1-4 level of agree or disagree that makes it impossible to explain your reasons. And if you even fuck up one question on your survey, you get axed from consideration.
What the fuck? Why can't I just talk with a human being? It's easier to get sympathy from a real manager than you can from any computer. And allowing some filter to do your hiring for you doesn't mean you're going to get the cream from the crop. In fact, as I said before, people are going to cheat because your piece of shit program couldn't make a judgement call if it was on a jury for a homicide.

3. Surveys for all: I already mention that I fill out most application online. Did I mention I do it for almost every single job possible? That's right, when I was in highschool people used to do it on paper and sometimes if you were lucky you got to see a manager to pleed your case. In just 7 short years this has all but been phased out. There are very few jobs left that stick by the old paper/meet and greet operation anymore. When I was younger my parents said that you have to get up in the morning and go to every possible place in town to look for work. To always try to get to see the manager and maybe you'll get a job. Well you can throw that crap out the window because you'll be lucky to get a phone call-back for an interview. Now you can just type up 100 applications a day, at any time, if you can afford the internet or gas money to a library, and expect to not get a single call for months or even years.
I do see the reasons why a company would do this. Because they're cheap assholes who can't afford to hire one extra position to handle the HR work and have them on the payroll. Instead they just buy a cheap ass program from some douchebag 3rd party cock sucker and save literally 300 dollars every two weeks to do it for them. But not good though. In fact i'd fire this program if it was a real person because he keep hiring psychopaths in the children's toy section.

4. 8.00 surveys or less: And ultimately what is the point of employing this "sophisticated" hiring practice for jobs that don't even require any skills in the first place? This among other things exclude not only people looking for their first job but also people who need something to fall back on in hard times. Let's face it idiots, you're paying your employees the lowest amount possible to churn out your shitty company standards and products. Of course your going to have people come and go from your job. Quit being gigantic pussies and take the hits like my last wif.....I mean that was just a sexist joke. I do not apologize.

5. Check my back, for logic: Finally I just want to lightly touch on this. Yes you should check if people have criminal backgrounds and drug use. But if people are willing to work and can preform on the job, you shouldn't let those stand in the way of hiring actual good employees. That's just the risk that comes with being an employer.
Though it is fucking stupid to have to do a credit check on someone who doesn't make enough to even afford a loan so take that shit off the check.

Conclusion: I think we don't give companies enough hassle for putting their workers through this kinda stupidity. I for one would really like to see this impersonal and idiotic hiring practice put in the ground along with age and education discrimination. Now if you excuse me, i'm only on page 5 of 40 of this assrape of a survey for Walmart.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I fully agree with the crap about job searching. I did a survey for a supermarket job and they sent me an email saying not good enough, you can't apply again for another 6 months. I'm not sure I can fully agree with you about us being more logical than anyone else. I'm well aware that I will put off doing something even though it will result in more work later. I'll try jumping things for the sheer fact I think I probably can. I know these aren't extreme, but then again neither is most of the population. It's just the dumbest ideas get shouted the loudest as people find them funny. I think bureaucracy is stupid and rediculous, but the people aren't all that bad.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I work helpdesk and all tiers of PC support. I see stupid and deal with it every day.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Seems like a moral/value judgement issue. Even ISTPS use subjective logic often.

We use logic at the forefront of everything we do.. others can't `step-up` to that so easily. We are quick to notice the logical things and stupidity of the world for that reason. It's hard to get something like that past us.

I'm pretty illogical at times. I got hit by a car two days ago because I didn't look out properly, and I had my music to loud to hear the car. Bad logical choices. Luckily I didn't have any lasting injury's somehow, despite bullseyeing a windshield with my head. Illogical for me to make those mistakes if I want to be safe whilst cycling....

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not practical to get irritated by others lack of logical choices(even though we all do). Shit happens, and not everyone is naturally strongest in the logic department.

The information and technology age as you have it. New procedures are more time efficient and cost effective. That doesn't mean better, society should evolve to something better eventually. The current system regarding the points you mention are relatively new. There are many problems with them. Hopefully they can be ironed out or changed completely with time.

Also, it's mostly big franchises that work this way. Small firms and opportunity are much more "traditional" in employment in my experience.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Whether you're against it or not, I think it's good to vent about stupid, moronic people once in awhile. Cleanses the mental faculties, so to speak.

The worst is to see this moronic tilt in the world, and then see the really intelligent ones... And know that the morons outnumber them 7:1.

I guess the kicker is that we want our world to change, but it's like we're a speck of sand screaming at the beach.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Arrogance is a side effect of comfort. Be careful you don't get too comfortable. Challenge yourself in an arena that doesn't come naturally and you will have more patience with people. Struggle once in a while. It's good for you.

Yes. I agree about the online apps. Hate them and never got a job from them. Always just walked in. Keep doing that. It still works.

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geez with these responses you think I went out of my way to insult you guys.

I prefer to think of this thread as a chance to vent. Clearly I achieved that. Though I was hoping more of a direct references and not the passive aggressive direction some of you have taken.

Anyway, good thread.

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe I should change the thread title: "Why I am an elite over the rest of you peons".

But that would assume I never see fault in myself.

So anyone actually want to vent on stupidity or should we continue this poorly stringed attempt at insulting? Actually I think the responses would count towards the thread.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Passive aggressive? Where the hell are you picking that up from? I don't think anyone is really offended here. lol

They are just trying to show you another perspective. But again, you are venting. Doesn't' really matter. lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is such an INTP thread.
What do you do when people are stupid? - INTP Forum

"The Sad Truth...You Live in a World Full of Morons"

This statement is a fallacy, because "Moron / Moronic" is most commonly internally defined as simply "That which impedes us." "That which prevents us from obtaining what we want." and "Those who we judge with bias to be intellectually inferior because they have a) impeded our progress in some way, b)willfully or unwittingly prevented us from obtaining what we want, c)in some way obstructed our path to our goal.

By those definitions, stupidity is indeed rampant. The stupidity of this is that the majority of humanity actually believes in "You live in a world full of morons". It's not a brilliant deduction. It's not unique in any way. It's just another exceedingly common self-righteous conclusion.

On the surface harboring these beliefs seems logical. Ie: "That stupid fucking driver in front of me who won't get out of my way! WHERE THE FUCK DID S/HE LEARN TO DRIVE? Obviously s/he is too stupid to respect the fact that I'm back here, and late for work (due to my own stupidity, but we'll leave that little detail out.). It'll be their stupid fault when I get to work late! I'll tell my boss all about that stupid fuckface shitbag derelict asshole, and he'll be amazed at my sheer brilliance in defining stupidity!"

Yet, as that stupid person in front oppresses me (by my definition), I stupidly oppress the person behind (by their definition). How ironic is that?

The replies thus far seem to indicate that many here already understand that there is a potential counter-argument for every rant about the stupidity of others. See link above for an example of how that could play out.

It takes no thought whatsoever to apply 'stupid' labels, but it takes exceptional intelligence to acknowledge the logic of all this perceived 'stupidity'.

Thus, I reserve "Moronic" and "stupid" for someone who gets creamed by a speeding truck because they didn't check for traffic before walking into the street. In other words, sincere stupidity has a very poor chance of survival in this world.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Project much, @Glyphs ?

I don't mean the rant about morons, I mean the rant about passive aggressive / insulted replies. Maybe I'm the robot girl with no depth sensors, but I can't read any passive aggressiveness or butthurt in any of that I read. Maybe you've been on that Fe-train too long - step down and stop worrying about anyone here being insulted by what you write.

There are people that intentionally try to insult other people, but even they don't seem to succeed that well. It's interwebnets, after all. Who cares.

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Project much, @Glyphs ?

I don't mean the rant about morons, I mean the rant about passive aggressive / insulted replies. Maybe I'm the robot girl with no depth sensors, but I can't read any passive aggressiveness or butthurt in any of that I read. Maybe you've been on that Fe-train too long - step down and stop worrying about anyone here being insulted by what you write.

There are people that intentionally try to insult other people, but even they don't seem to succeed that well. It's interwebnets, after all. Who cares.
Sorry, been bullied most of life. Even an ISTP can make irrational calls based on experience. So sue me.

Now STICK TO THE DAMN SUBJECT OF THE THREAD!

·
Banned
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So people who don't signal before a lane change or cut off someone are not stupid?
So the people who try to beat a train mere seconds as it passes by is not stupid?
So the angry mob of people causing a riot because their team lost are not stupid?

Because you're making the assumption that I view any action that impedes me or others as stupid. But that's not the case. People are responsible for their actions. I'm talking about actual stupidity, you know the one where someone completely disregards one's own responsibility for their actions that can cause injury upwards to death.

And yes, the world is filled to the brim with those types of people. This is what I find stupid.
So i'm not wrong in my view about that at all, not even in a long shot. And no what I ranted is still justified. So many actual good workers, push to wayside for the dishonest and deceitful. You cannot tell me that is not stupid, otherwise you'd be lying.

*Also I can re-title the thread name if you want. Wouldn't want to be fallacy now would we*

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Now STICK TO THE DAMN SUBJECT OF THE THREAD!
I DID!

Another one:

I meet an internet peep online and we start talking about a mutual point of interest. The peep begins to lecture me from the very basics of the matter (as in: "I live in America, you see, it's a continent in the middle of the sea"). I find a point to elaborate (as in: "You mean USA?"). He replies to me as I was a stupid infant ("I said America. It's a great place far away from where you live"). I get pissed and retort ("Actually, they do teach geography in my neck of the woods as well. And yes, I have seen a map"). He gives me a proverbial pat on the shoulder ("Oh, you know where it is? You're so clever!") and continues to lecture ("USA is called America in here. It's easier so."). I start reading comics and wait for him to get back to something more interesting, until he says something that's so stupid I can't stand it anymore, and just have to cut in again. (As in: "The greatest nation, you say? Yes, I suppose Canada, China etc don't count in the fantasy dream land you have fallen into. Of course not, silly me.") The person continues without hearing, listening or at least comprehending ("Greatest, I mean bla bla bla bla bla" etc) and I start looking for something to hit myself in the head with.

I have had too many of these conversations lately. They usually end by "Pix plz" or an equivalent.

The worst thing is that every one of these people claim they've graduated from an university. I don't know where the world is going to..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.