Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this thread, post one negative repeating thought that you've had, and the positive thought you are going to replace it with, and then... you know... actually follow through with that. :laughing:

Examples:
Negative - Nobody my own age appreciates me for who I am.
Positive - I appreciate myself for who I am.

Negative - I'm stupid.
Positive - Next time, I will make sure to study for the test.

Negative - I am a broken person because of the abuse I have suffered.
Positive - I know I am strong because of all the things I have already managed to survive in my life so far.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Negative: I never have anything worthwhile to say
Positive: Well we'd all like an oscar worthy script on stand-by at any given moment, but that is unrealisitic, truth is, worrying about this stuff will just stress you out.

Negative: Why can't i say the right things at the right time?
Positive: You're not perfect, and everyone has flaws too, try to chill out

Negative: I'm scared no one will like me at Uni
Positive: Everyone's probably thinking the same thing, stay true to yourself & your good nature, the right people will be attracted to you, when you know your being yourself with people who like it, you dont have to fake yourself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Negative: I never have anything worthwhile to say
Positive: Well we'd all like an oscar worthy script on stand-by at any given moment, but that is unrealisitic, truth is, worrying about this stuff will just stress you out.

Negative: Why can't i say the right things at the right time?
Positive: You're not perfect, and everyone has flaws too, try to chill out

Negative: I'm scared no one will like me at Uni
Positive: Everyone's probably thinking the same thing, stay true to yourself & your good nature, the right people will be attracted to you, when you know your being yourself with people who like it, you dont have to fake yourself.
I'm usually too busy thinking about how I don't have anything worthwhile to say to think of worthwile things to say :laughing:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Negative: I feel that I say stupid things often.
Positive: Take more time to think about what you say.

Negative: I'm not productive enough.
Positive: Make goals so you can get started on being a more productive person.

Negative: I don't feel I'm noticed enough.
Positive: What the hell do you want attention for?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Negative: I keep feeling a piercing feeling inside when I neglect my thoughts.
Positive: Acknowledge your thoughts. Now.

Negative: Autonomous self-correction to prove I'm wrong when I know I am to begin with.
Positive: Have faith in myself.

Negative: Feelings are useless.
Positive: I made mine useless. I can make them useful again.

Negative: I can't help some people. They're beyond my help.
Positive: If I can't help them, maybe I can lead them to others who can.

Negative: I'm stupid.
Positive: If I'm so stupid, why am I certified and participating while others are still just doing the minimum to get by.

Negative: I feel like I'm making no progress.
Positive: Get up, and get moving. Now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Negative: I have ADHD.
Positive: ADHD is not nearly as debilitating as most psychological disorders!

Negative: But I also have chronic depression, anxiety, and insomnia
Positive: I spent a ton of money to heal these problems via medication, counseling, and neurotherapy!

Negative: All the therapy didnt help that much. I basically wasted my money!
Positive: At least it helped a little! (I think!)

(Do I pin down the stereotypical INFP well?)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Negative: Dang it! Summer is over...winter is already on its way.
Positive: You can wear that handsome coat you got for Christmas again!
Negative: So? How is that supposed to compare to running around barefoot in grass with the warmth of the sun?
Positive: Well, fires are warm, and nice.
Negative: You don't have a fireplace, nor a place to make a fire.
Positive: Ok hey, look at it this way... um...
Negative: Yes...?
Positive: Here, I've got it! You can write poetry to express your struggle with winter and express your desire for spring as it comes. Then perhaps you can have peace with winter. Wrestle and conquer it through expression.
Negative (wavering now): Well, errmmm, yeah but.....hmm.
Positive (flying in for the knockout punch): Not only that, but you can practice your lucid dreaming techniques more this winter, and create lucid dreams where its summer, the sun is warm, and you can feel and smell summer in your sleep!
Positive #2: Well, you did it. You converted me. Winter won't beat us this year!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Negative: I am idealist, therefore I do not fit, my views will only be laughed at and have no concrete ground and I am living solely in my own world to escape from pain.

Positive: An idealist can be what I need and what other people need the most. I cannot run from it, I need to be it.

Negative: I disappointed people in my life because I didn't try hard enough.

Positive: I couldn't possibly have done better, I was going through too much mental hurt to think clearly. I must not be too hard on myself, it is still my life.

Negative: I will get emotionally abused like I used to in a relationship before.

Positive: I'm not the naive little girl I was a few years ago. And even if I would be, I would still be able to handle it

Negative: He's going to be lost all the time when I'm not there.

Positive: He'll learn to appreciate me more and stop taking me for granted whenever he feels like it.

Negative: I'm stupid, unfit and strange. I cannot handle my own life properly, I cannot take care of others or do good for others in my life.

Positive: I desire a purely authentic life and I don't want anything less.

Hmm..this exercise is kind of powerful. Thanks, Eden.

Negative:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Positive: I love that I am laughing right now.
negative: I hate that everyone is looking at me like I am a freak for laughing by myself.
INFJs. You're so upside-down. I find that really hot. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Negative: You disappointed your family. You are being stupid, unfit, strange and delusional like you always are. See? You put your scholarship in danger and now you're escaping to lala land again. And you're talking to strangers online. What the hell is wrong with you? You are going nowhere in your life.

Positive: My family loves me, they're being more supportive than they ever were. I will study harder for these two upcoming exams. As for me interacting with strangers online and doing what I do now, I just need to find more personal meaning and sincerity. I've been through too much in my life, I have repeated so many mistakes that involve not listening to my heart. Do you know how hard that is? Can a person stand it, to live a life, of which you repeatedly stop listening to your heart and instincts out of fear? I don't want to end up successful but have an empty heart, please. I don't want an empty heart, the thought scares the hell out of me. I deserve to be happy because I went through too much. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to be happy. I am human, I bruised too much.

And I need to follow that light of independence in my soul, currently a light that does not depend on anger or even circumstances.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Negative: He will seem sad and hopeless as usual, when you're not around.

Positive: He'll appreciate me more, maybe the path is supposed to be like this.

Geez, I should stop worrying about him more than I worry about myself. Idiot me.

I feel like a complete idiot

Negative: I feel like a complete idiot

Positive: Those are the scars talking. You can't take it, you're only human, not perfect. So stop.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Negative: My imagination caves in on me because I'm so pessimistic towards myself.

Positive: Express yourself..And direct some of that optimism inwards. It'll make the world a brighter place. :happy:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reviving this thread because right now, I'm stressing myself out. I have an essay due tomorrow I haven't even started, no thesis, no argument, no sources, NOTHING.

Negative: I already got a damn extension, and I continue to be completely incompetent at this task.
Positive: I'll just keep studying for my psych midterm tomorrow, and if I don't hear from my professor by the time I go to bed tonight, I'll just get up early and BS my way through the assignment tomorrow. The extra pressure of a looming deadline sometimes helps me get the focus I need to rock an assignment anyway.

Reactions: faeriegal713
1 - 20 of 33 Posts