Personality Cafe banner

The Shipping Thread

6K views 71 replies 18 participants last post by  Akiblue 
#1 ·
Post your favourite ships from any media and what type of ships they are.
Post an OTP and NOTP.

Head-cannons, cannon, and whatever else.

Please refrain from fighting and name calling. If you want to discuss about certain ships, keep it civil and understanding.

~just leaving space for when I eventually think of all my favourite ships~.

#3 ·
What a coincidence, I was just thinking about posting some uncommon MB coupling, just to break the concept of type ideal matches.

These are based on the people I know in real life, not sure if it's relevant to the topic, but some are really interesting and I just wanted to share.

Some of them are widely known to be unusual yet working pairings, and some just seem impossible according to the theory. But still, it works.

M - F
ISTJ - INTP
ISFJ - ENTJ
ESTJ - ENFP
ESFJ - ISTJ

ISTP - ESFJ
ISFP (I don't know of any)
ESFP (I don't know of any)
ESTP - INFP

INTP - ESFJ
INFP - ISFJ
ENTP - ESFP
ENFP - INFP

INTJ - INFP
INFJ - ISTJ
ENTJ - ENFP
ENFJ - ISTJ

#4 ·
What a coincidence, I was just thinking about posting some uncommon MB coupling, just to break the concept of type ideal matches.

These are based on the people I know in real life, not sure if it's relevant to the topic, but some are really interesting and I just wanted to share.

Some of them are widely known to be unusual yet working pairings, and some just seem impossible according to the theory. But still, it works.

M - F
ISTJ - INTP
ISFJ - ENTJ
ESTJ - ENFP
ESFJ - ISTJ

ISTP - ESFJ
ISFP (I don't know of any)
ESFP (I don't know of any)
ESTP - INFP

INTP - ESFJ
INFP - ISFJ
ENTP - ESFP
ENFP - INFP

INTJ - INFP
INFJ - ISTJ
ENTJ - ENFP
ENFJ - ISTJ
Interesting... my wife is ISTJ.

#14 ·
I love this thread idea because I love shipping characters and romance. My first ship that I liked when I was a child was Ash Ketchum and Misty from Pokemon. It was cute how Misty continues to follow Ash on his journey, saying it was because he owed her a new bike, even though she was developing feelings for him. It's also cute how they both start to like each other but refuse to admit it. Young love is so precious.

#25 ·
@Eren Jaegerbomb
I'm interested in knowing what your favorite ships are, preferably animated tv shows or anime ships.
Oh yeah um.

AOT: Armin X Eren, Armin X Mikasa...
Levi X Hanji ,Levi X Erwin, Hanji X Erwin,
Hanji X Moblit, Eren X Mikasa, Eren X Historia,
Jean X Pieck, Nanaba X Mike, annnnd... Cough Erwin X Levi X Hanji. LOL. Oh and Gabi X Falco is too cute.

Pokemon: I have a few daughter/father dynamic favourites from this series:
Riley & Dawn, Norman & May.

I used to like Ash X Misty as a kid and Ash x May. But idc about Ash these days.

Actually most of my Pokemon ships are just purely visual, as in, not even canon. So, a lot of yaoi ships included, hahaha...

Digimon: The only ship in Digimon I really care about is Ken X Miyako (Yolei)
I used to like Tai X Sora, but after watching 02 I liked Ken & Miyako's relationship more.
Also, Ken X Daisuke, Takuya X Kouji, Kouji X Izumi (Zoe.)
I um, if it's romantic I'd rather have them portrayed as adults.
If it's just a close friendship then their normal age is fine.
Well, as of canon right now, Ken is 19 and Miyako 20. Also 02 ending they're over 20.

Other anime/manga: I do like Yato X Hiyori but... Yato is like 2000 years old and Hiyori is 16 so.. it's kinda weird. So I don't pay much attention to it.
And Hinata X Kageyama from Haikyuu. Haven't finished that series yet.

Naruto-verse: I like the friendship of Boruto and Mitsuki. Other ships are just yaoi, like Kakashi X Yamato hahaha.......

I think there's others but they're the ones I got from the top of my head...

#17 ·
Oh right, favorite ship from anime series, I just thought of one last night.

Not sure if it's a ship, because it is the only couple in the anime, but:

Li Syaoran x Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is my favourite couple ever. The INFPxENFJ chemistry is just too cute! 😆

#22 ·
Oh right, favorite ship from anime series, I just thought of one last night.

Not sure if it's a ship, because it is the only couple in the anime, but:

View attachment 879747

View attachment 879748

Li Syaoran x Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is my favourite couple ever. The INFPxENFJ chemistry is just too cute! 😆
Cute! Love the manga styled art. I wonder if I should watch/read this. How did you find it?

#18 ·
If a Tsundere is involved, I’ll probably NOTP it. Overused cliche that artificially creates “romantic drama” that creates this “oooh they’re so incompatible! How the heck will they ever get together!?... (series of misunderstandings, guys face landing in questionable places, guy sacrificing something to show the tsundere he’s genuine albeit a loser, she realises she loves him but denies it)... Oh they got together!?!? NOWAY! So sweet!”

#31 ·
Hannah Mckay & Dexter Morgan

It was such a sad ending that he didn't get to be with her and his kids, and just fell off the earth.

He finally found someone "like" him, understands him, but not overly crazy killer like Lila. Is it so hard to find a serial killer who's not overly crazy or harmful to the good citizens of society? But nooooooo... he had to leave society altogether because he just doesn't fit in. sigh

#32 ·
Hannah Mckay & Dexter Morgan

It was such a sad ending that he didn't get to be with her and his kids, and just fell off the earth.

He finally found someone "like" him, understands him, but not overly crazy killer like Lila. Is it so hard to find a serial killer who's not overly crazy or harmful to the good citizens of society? But nooooooo... he had to leave society altogether because he just doesn't fit in. sigh
Not sure what that show is. But it seems interesting.

#46 ·
I have a tendency to really ship 2 people with loads of chemistry, compatibility, same wavelength, values, intelligence, badassery, EVERYTHING! So when the writer(s) intentionally don't ship them, it makes me want to ship them more.

The Harry Potter X Hermoine (on screen) is a good example. (though I heard the book experience might be quite different). Just never bought the Ron X Hermoine ship (on screen). I heard they bastardized Ron's character in the movies a bit.

I heard fans of X-Files really shipped Mulder and Skully, but the writers eventually caved in and fulfilled the fans' wish. 😂

Also has anyone noticed that in YA Novels, the growing trend is this trope turned cliche that the writer ships a naive young girl with the stoic/dark/badass guy, but the “less stoic, happy go lucky” friend who knows her better gets shafted? (And it didn’t just happen with Twilight)

#47 ·
A friend pointed me to this interesting/funny book

“The author made a point about eye color that I can’t unsee anymore. Brown=friend zoned, blue has a better chance than brown, green has a better chance than blue, grey trumps all, UNLESS a character’s eyes are so dark they’re paractically black. 😂”

And other gems such as:

If you look it up, there tonnes of funny things it picks up about YA ships, and YA in general... Like how the chosen one is always an inexperinced teen instead of a mature adult. 😂

#48 ·
A friend pointed me to this interesting/funny book
View attachment 880075
“The author made a point about eye color that I can’t unsee anymore. Brown=friend zoned, blue has a better chance than brown, green has a better chance than blue, grey trumps all, UNLESS a character’s eyes are so dark they’re paractically black. 😂”

And other gems such as:
View attachment 880076

View attachment 880077

If you look it up, there tonnes of funny things it picks up about YA ships, and YA in general... Like how the chosen one is always an inexperinced teen instead of a mature adult. 😂
It's funny you say that about eye colour.
My eyes are hazel, so green/brown. (Not yellow)
But it's funny you say that.
I prefer guys with blue eyes , unless they have a cute face then I can tolerate other colours... But if it's a guy with a cute face and blue eyes, I prefer them.

Same with brown and black hair. For example, to me, I find Michael J Fox and Neil Finn (younger of course) attractive. They have brown hair, but their faces are so cute lol.

Usually I go for blonde/lighter haired dudes.

But yeah I feel like if you have brown eyes or brownish eyes people find it boring.

Green is unusual. Some people prefer blue over green and some find green really amazing and "exoctic".

Grey eyes is interesting, I feel like people like those a lot too. But you're definitely right about black-brown eyes.

Also about the protagonists love interest in YA novels always being 40 something. I know what you mean. But as a woman, I've always liked older men. Even when I was young. But I guess it's still weird for it to be written by an adult.

But yes, 16 and 40 is creepy.
Unfortunately, you don't see it that way if you're 16 though ...

#49 ·
Luna and Draco [Harry Potter].
  • lmao, sorry.
Moon and Toffee; Janna and Tom; Marco and Hekapoo [SVTFOE].
  • Look, they're great. idk.
  • Literally meant to be.
  • There's no way you can convince me Marco and Hekapoo didn't date on that timeline.

Koku and Lily [B: The Beginning]
  • Although I think I need to appreciate more Keith. This specific case was low-key me deflecting, but I have decided now to stop being an idiot by liking “blank” guys. Boooring.
Perchik and me [Fiddler on the Roof].
  • He cute, the comrade. ✊

#65 ·
Clexa (Clarke and Lexa - the 100), Cophine (Cosima and Delphine - Orphan Black), Jack and Rose (Titanic), Alice and Dana (The L Word), Shane and Carmen (The L Word), Doccubus (Bo and Lauren - Lost Girl) Wayhaught (Waverly and Nicole - Wynonna Earp). Bonus: from my High school days - Naomily (Emily and Naomi - Skins), Paige and Alex (Degrassi).

#66 ·
Ships? I think many sloops, Chinese junks, and ship of the lines during the age of sail was great. I loved pirate lore as a kid and tween.

Italian ships have some sleek and beautiful designs, especially their battleships and cruisers. Japanese ships have a very distinctive “pagoda superstructure.”

Fast battleships and the so-called “Standard Type Battleships” were very different in design. Obviously one was built for speed and had a long, sleek hull, while the other was built with shorter hulls and were slower. “Standard” comes from the fact that they were built to operate together as one unit cruising at a “standard” speed of around 21 knots. Fast battleships came later in the war and were built to support the growing presence of fast carrier task forces.

#67 ·
I really wanted to see Truman and Sylvia from The Truman Show meet each other at the end... He loved her at first sight and loved her for many, many years. It would make my heart very happy. If no one knows of any fanfictions, I may have to write my own!

Edit: I found some to read! Yay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.