Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an INFP, do you value the simple things in life?

If I had to number the things I value in life, simplicity would definitely be #2 (with #1 being love.) Just because something is simple doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of meaning to it. A picture can definitely be worth a thousand words. Even just a few words can be worth a thousand. My favorite poem ever, written by Muhammad Ali, is only two words long.
The second I heard that poem, so many things went through my head. It's amazing that just two words can mean so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I think of the simple things, I think of being present or paying close attention to what is happening in the now. That, I believe, is the only way to see the simple things. I read once that at times in life, if the past is too painful to remember and the future is too frightening to contemplate we must only concentrate on the present, as it is the only safe place. That is what your question made me think of.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I've always appreciated little things no one else pays attention too,a bee going to get some pollen,a rock that looks beautiful,the way the leaves on trees move so poetically,a freckle on someone's face.
I'd rather have a simple life than a crazy complex one,It's the one reason I've enjoyed never having a lot of money.
I like to take in everything even if it's some little insignificant thing I find it so much more beautiful than
anything else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sure value the simple things in life.
Sometimes I even think I value simple things TOO MUCH. I don't know if this is because I feel bad seeing that most people don't value something as much as I do, but sometimes it turns out to be a problem when I value a simple thing too much. I can become paranoid about this simple thing.
I find myself wondering "am I too paranoid and valuing it too much, or the others should value it more?"

·
Registered
33 Posts
The little things in life make life worth living! Sublime joy can be found in simple things.

Reactions: Darkestblue
1 - 7 of 7 Posts