·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Tony is sexy hot. ESTP?

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Seen about a season or three total

Tony- ExTJ. Te dominant, bad Fi. Everything is mental gymnastics, cognitive dissonance, everything has a response. This is why X happens, X is Y for Z.... Te has to know things, has to come to conclusions, decisions, and he's the bossman. Sticks to the plan although we see his other, true feelings.

Carmela- ISFJ. Seems comfortable with routine, comfort in goods and family, practical, only reflects rarely and in bursts.

Anthony Jr- ISFP? Maybe ISTP.. I don't have enough familiarity to say. I know he's an ISxP.

Meadow- ESFJ? No real guess.

Chris- ESFP. Not a logical thinker. Pretty impulsive, huh?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tony - ESTJ. ESTJ or ENTJ is the big question here, but if we look deeper, we can see that he definetly uses Ni and Se. Look at his psych-problems - always happening if he is connecting sights with memories of his fucked up past. And besides he strikes me more as a Sentinel than an Analyst. He always speaks about holding up traditions. This becomes very clear at the episode "Christopher" when he is having an argument about Christopher Columbus with AJ. He had some beef with meadow about traditions as well, when she complained, that the family is acting too outdated compared with the outside world.

Carmella - I think she is an ESFJ, not an ISFJ. She loves hanging out with the other wives, is very chatty and has no problem with speaking to new people. I don't see where she's an Introvert.

Bobby - A very interesting character. I guess he is an INFP - he is motivated by his feelings most of the time and is trying to make people around him comfortable. This doesn't work most of the time which is making him a somewhat comic character. He is very caring about the one he loves, but no one really seems to care about him in the long way which is depressing him often.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I just finished watching the series and I'm pretty disappointed by the ending. (Sorry if that's an indirect spoiler.)

Tony Soprano - ENTJ 8w9
Carmela Soprano - ESFJ 2w3
Janice - ENFP 7w6 and also very damn annoying
Christopher - ISFP 6w7 cp
Paulie - ESTJ or ESTP 8w9
Silvio - ISTJ 6w5
Junior - xSTJ 6w5
Bobby - ISFP 9w8
Meadow - ENFP 7w6 with a strong connection to 3.
AJ - ISFP 9w8 or 6w7 and also annoying.
Jennifer Melfi - INxx 5w4

Pardon me if I screwed up on any Enneagram typings but I am almost certain of the MBTI of these characters.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
@MindPersonified : I agree with you over most of the characters, but why would you say, Tony is an ENTJ over ESTJ?

I still think the ending is the only one that fits :)
I say ENTJ because he is often heralded by his friends as being able to see the big picture, which I see as more of an N characteristic, and his Se shows in his physical impulsiveness (i.e. his affairs with many women and his physical anger bouts), although I agree that he does have some moments that make him seem like an ESTJ, with his remembrance of how things used to be vs. how they are now, so I could see ESTJ as well, but overall, my judgment is ENTJ.

Either way, I think it's pretty darn obvious that Tony Soprano is a Te-dominant and an Enneagram 8 on top of that.

Reactions: EidolonAlpha

·
Registered
282 Posts
I kind of interpreted Tony as an ENTJ who puts a lot of effort to suppress his more intuitive side to stay homogenous to his highly sensor-driven mob culture. That, or an ESTJ whose intuitive side we mainly see through his shadow functions.

It's been so long since I watched it, I'm really not sure anymore.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Tony - ESFJ
Carmela - INTP
Christopher - INTP
Meadow - ENTP
A.J. - ISFP
Junior - INTJ
Adriana - ESFP
How in the name of all things blasphemous do you get ESFJ for Tony and INTP for Carmela and Christopher and ENTP for over-reactive Meadow?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts