Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple clear cut Hypothesis to extroversion I.E. how externally focused overall each MBTI type is.

Introverted----------------------------------------------->Extroverted

ISTP-INTP-INTJ-ISTJ-INFP-ISFJ-ISFP-INFJ-ENFP-ENTP-ESFJ-ENTJ-ESTJ-ENFJ-ESTP-ESFP

tell me what you think

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
You can't predict this, period. I know people of all types who fall all over the place in terms of stereotypical "sociability" which is not what extraversion is, fundamentally. For instance, one of the most extraverted introverts I know is an ISTP who happens to be one of my friends IRL.

Reactions: Baldur and Kabosu

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
No way mate. I'd say you type people based on which function they prefer using. In the end, many peeps are gonna hang around the ambiverted zone, and they're gonna take issue with this.

If this is about sociability at all (as mentioned above), then I've already missed the spectrum by a mile. I know an INTP who hangs out in group discussions every single day while I continue to avoid large group settings like the plague. Probably more to do with stackings in this case.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yeah, when initially taking the test, I sort of mistook introversion/extroversion in stereotypical meanings because that's how it is generally referenced and at the time I worked with and was in one class where the people were predominantly "stereotypical extroverts." By the way, most extra/o-verts who don't fit in with the description find those people annoying a lot of the time (i.e. myself).

It all has to do with function balance, really. Extroverts and introverts who have a considerably stronger use of dom over aux. are going to be more extroverted or introverted. When the aux. is balanced rather close to the level of dom., then you have what appears as more of an ambivert.

Yeah: It can't be simplified by individual type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts