Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happy:
Do any of you deal with this on a regular basis? This doesn't happen to any of my friends...so I thought maybe it was an ENFP thing.
People, many I hardly know...tell me their secrets, hurts, feelings. I don't understand why. I don't mind but the pattern has gotten too strong to ignore. It happens so often. They are almost always introverts, some deeply closed off people. Soon after they confess whatever it is they need to say to me, they almost always say some version of: 'I have never told anyone that before' or 'I can't believe I'm telling you this, I don't even know you.' Sometimes they feel very uncomfortable and are almost shocked they were so open. Anyway, sorry for rambling.
This has been on my mind for a while now.

Does anyone else experience this? Do you know why it happens? Is it an ENFP thing?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh yes. It's a very ENFP thing. I'll meet people one day and know their entire life's story the next. I don't know why, but it's just something that happens. It can be fun sometimes, and kinda annoying occasionally. (Though mostly it's fun.) :laughing:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
:happy:
Do any of you deal with this on a regular basis? This doesn't happen to any of my friends...so I thought maybe it was an ENFP thing.
People, many I hardly know...tell me their secrets, hurts, feelings. I don't understand why. I don't mind but the pattern has gotten too strong to ignore. It happens so often. They are almost always introverts, some deeply closed off people. Soon after they confess whatever it is they need to say to me, they almost always say some version of: 'I have never told anyone that before' or 'I can't believe I'm telling you this, I don't even know you.' Sometimes they feel very uncomfortable and are almost shocked they were so open. Anyway, sorry for rambling.
This has been on my mind for a while now.

Does anyone else experience this? Do you know why it happens? Is it an ENFP thing?
Oh yes this happens. Constantly. I always hear "I tell you more than I tell anyone else." or "I've never opened up to anyone the way I open up to you." and "You make me feel so comfortable. I feel like I can be myself around you."

I find it funny too because I'm not trying to do anything. I just am being me. I think we're just approachable people? We also have an ability to not judge and see the other person's perspective. So that may encourage them to open up to us.

Reactions: limelight3

·
Banned
207 Posts
Yep, this happen a lot! It's sometimes a bit embarrassing for me; because I find it very nice when people find me comforting enough. They say that they can tell me anything...But then I can't seem to tell anyone anything :frustrating:.

I am just being me. The thing is, I usually try to stay objective to problems and use Te. I like practical answers with idealistic comfort to other people.

Or does this have something to do with our inner wisdom (well, outer intuition awesomeness :wink:)? Maybe we have seen/felt too much in life, and just want to live peacefully. Who knows?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
i don't understand why many ENFPs talk about it as if it's this unexplainable thing..
it's very simple- we like/are willing to talk about this stuff because we are curious whilst others aren't. everyone likes sharing, but not many people like listening to personal stuff about someone they aren't close with. when people meet us they meet someone who is actually willing to listen to them pour their crap out, it's like a destressor in a way to some people- why counseling works.
purely by being interested in the first place we make people realise it's safe to tell us stuff. usually it will be a question i ask or detail i share about myself which gets them going.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I just had my newly acquired ESxP friend tell me that she thinks it's weird how she doesn't know me that well yet but finds it easier to trust me than most people. Made me feel pretty good :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts