Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the game goes like this, you post something that you feel most INFJs could relate to, and you'll find out if you're the only one who does it! Clearly it won't represent us as a whole, but just knowing someone in the world has that same weird habit is pretty comforting, right? Respond to the person above you and post a new question! But nothing stupid, for example, DO YOU DIP YOUR OREOS IN MAYONNAISE TOO? Because that's just disgusting.

I'll start...

Do you ever wonder if you see colors differently from others, and that your red is actually blue?

·
Super Moderator
11,686 Posts
In the past I have, but not so much anymore.

Do you laugh out loud when you catch something funny that no one else has, and they all think your nuts for it?
(talking about a small group setting here)

·
Registered
127 Posts
How about looking at a person, and feeling like you know roughly who they are as a person, or at least who they are when you look at them?

·
Registered
298 Posts
How about looking at a person, and feeling like you know roughly who they are as a person, or at least who they are when you look at them?
all the time.

do you have the ability to get others to tell you anything? sometimes i feel like a gossip data bank, but i rarely share it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
all the time.

do you have the ability to get others to tell you anything? sometimes i feel like a gossip data bank, but i rarely share it.
Oh yes, lol. I always know everyones gossip and secrets in whatever friendship group I am in. People know I keep others secrets, and as a result they tend to value my opionions.

Do you ever wish you were telepathic and could just beam ideas or concepts in and out of other people's heads?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Oh yes, lol. I always know everyones gossip and secrets in whatever friendship group I am in. People know I keep others secrets and as a result they tend to value my opionions.

Do you ever wish you were telepathic and could just beam ideas or concepts in and out of other people's heads?
not really. i find empathy burdensome as is... telepathy would be a whole 'nother level of responsibility. :sad:

during awkward discussions do you find yourself explaining the motivations of one person to the rest of the group (and vice versa)?

·
Registered
108 Posts
all the time.

Yep, even people that aren't friends...it makes me feel weird because I feel used but helpful at the same time, since they can let their feelings out...

My question:

When I draw/imagine someone (ie a stick figure or cartoon or a person I know or whatever), I tend to smile if I draw/imagine it smiling, feel sad if I draw it sad, even cry if it is crying...has something similar happened to you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, even people that aren't friends...it makes me feel weird because I feel used but helpful at the same time, since they can let their feelings out...

My question:

When I draw/imagine someone (ie a stick figure or cartoon or a person I know or whatever), I tend to smile if I draw/imagine it smiling, feel sad if I draw it sad, even cry if it is crying...has something similar happened to you?
No I don't feel as much as most INFJS do,kinda wish I could though . In a group conversation do you ever play the devils advocate to draw the answer out without seeking credit ?then get kinda pissed when they do and give you a hard time for your veiw on the topic?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I agree with all the posts of "knowing" others before even talking to them, just by "feeling" their energy presence and the ones about drawing that energy to the surface with little effort.

Do you ever pretend to be part of a conversation for the sake of "socializing" or make it appear you are, but in reality you are in your own world that doesn't even come close to where you physically are, and you do this so you make the presence of staying comfortable?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes, I'm cheating. Snuff it.
My question:

This question has peaked my interest in particular. Yes, I do this, and just the other night (while drawing, naturally) I was consciously wondering why I do this in particular. Perhaps it's because I am trying to emote what I'm trying to draw? Thanks though, now that I know I'm not the only one. :p

Since I cheated, you don't have to answer my question. But alas, here goes:

Do you sometimes believe you have the workings to be an eeeevil mastermind? O:

·
Registered
836 Posts

This question has peaked my interest in particular. Yes, I do this, and just the other night (while drawing, naturally) I was consciously wondering why I do this in particular. Perhaps it's because I am trying to emote what I'm trying to draw? Thanks though, now that I know I'm not the only one. :p

Since I cheated, you don't have to answer my question. But alas, here goes:

No, I don't.

Does it bother anyone else that this game isn't being played correctly?

·
Registered
644 Posts

Yes to both...it's the same in my writing. If a charicter is sad, I feel an echo of their sadness as I write for them. I also feel echos of their joys, angers ect. I empathise a lot with my creations, lol.

I could be an evil mastermind, but I am just too nice, and well, I'd need to find someone to build me a death ray. I could have been by evil High School girl standards, but it wasn't my thing. Do you ever wish you were not so concerned with other peoples feelings?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Does it bother anyone else that this game isn't being played correctly?
Yes! LOL
Here goes...

Do you ever wish you were not so concerned with other peoples feelings?
No
For this quote: "Be the change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi

Do you laugh out loud when something you catach something that no one else has, and they all think your nuts for it? (talking about a small group setting here)
All the time, though mostly I will just grin widely
Or I point it out.. (I also like to point out beautiful carpeting, furniture, or if the actor got highlights or a trim since the last episode, etc)

In a group conversation do you ever play the devils advocate to draw the answer out without seeking credit ?then get kinda pissed when they do and give you a hard time for your veiw on the topic?
Not quite sure what you mean but yes I tend to just point things out or throw a question into the air, sometimes rhetoric, and allow the discussion to go that way, to solve it together. So usually if we do it this way, they won't give me a hard time for my views (because we came up with the answer together).. I usually don't say my views.

Do you ever pretend to be part of a conversation for the sake of "socializing" or make it appear you are, but in reality you are in your own world that doesn't even come close to where you physically are, and you do this so you make the presence of staying comfortable?
No.. I don't think I multi-task well. I will give myself to the other person.. But I also pretend that I am busy or need to go somewhere so I can leave the situation. Or I look for something that we both relate to.

Do you believe in synchronicity?
as in... 'there are no accidents, no coincidence'
that there is something directing you or sending messages, god, or maybe a part of you is directing yourself (just not in a conscious way)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
yes I do...I feel that a lot

do you sometimes feel in a "deja vu" situation?

·
Registered
108 Posts
yes I do...I feel that a lot

do you sometimes feel in a "deja vu" situation?
Yep, just about 1 week ago I had the longest one I've ever had by far....

I had a dream that my math teacher was hit in the head by a water drop from the air conditioner in the class. then (not in the dream, the real class that day) while I was standing under the AC, a water drop hit my notebook...bout 5 mins later, it hit my math teacher just like in the dream.

After that I told my best friend all the things that I knew that would happen/be said by X person the next ~3mins, and they did.

interesting thing is, the air conditioner in that class room is known because it never breaks, unlike the rest in school that stop working for some moments every 2 months or so, hence its weird for it to do anything other than blow cool air

Another question (I suspect everyone will say yes, but im interested :tongue:)

Before sleeping or when you get home, do you think of every single detail that happened that day and analyze it? (example: things someone said, something you did, someone hugging you, etc)

Reactions: Bright Laughter

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
during awkward discussions do you find yourself explaining the motivations of one person to the rest of the group (and vice versa)?
Yes, it happens. So much disagreement and also suffering in this world seems to come from miscommunication and misunderstanding of eachother.

Do you like children?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes! Even insignificant moments such as waving to someone in the hall.

Do you have trust issues?
Yea, I never express it though, but even with my best friend.

Same question as last time :mellow:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts