Personality Cafe banner

2061 - 2080 of 38011 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes, specialize and then you might get hired when you grossly overqualify.
Unfortunately, the specialties I am grossly overqualified for are skills I have taught myself, and not in any relation to the degree I’m getting, nor apparently realistic on a resume.

I can easily imagine potential employers' faces as they read through my hobbies, skills, and languages. *facepalm*

Come on! Do I really need any skills anyway to be a Starbucks barista or a Toys “R” Us shipping clerk?!
I have opposable thumbs, and I am not even sure those are necessary!:angry:

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,427 Posts
Reactions: Eylrid

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
*gets the ban hammer*
I am almost expecting a thread in here soon with a question: "My INTJ love interest chats with one word answers and has just banned me. My question is; do they like me/are playing hard to get.....and how do I manipulate my INTJ to answer with more than one word in chat?"

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Drive-thrus at fast food restaurants are so incredibly awkward when it's pouring rain. No one wants to be the one who has to reach over, grab the bag, and transport it across the waterfall of water.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This weekend I've spend with one of my best friends, She has alot of emotions and very extroverted.

She talk all the time, I do often enjoy listening but not when it comes to her relationship-talk. Then I have really a hard-time to focus and is always thinking "her we go again" There is nothing logic to hold on to, she sees only the details and not the big picture and every situation is almost the same. I believe sometimes she has emotions I never developed.
I feel drained today, but I like my friend and I hope her situation becomes better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The problem with hypoglycemia is that 'hungry' and 'sleepy' feel the same, but when you choose 'sleep' rather than 'eat,' you wake up worse off than before. :( How am I ever to be thin if I have to eat every three hours???

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Reactions: Eylrid

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have to say, out of the 16 MBTI, I only like just less then half of them in the real world.
Real world does not include people on the internet like use now.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I always thought the hiring process was so bizarre. They use some really strange logic when hiring people, if you can call it that.
Psychologists have known for a long time that interviews are a very bad way of assessing how someone is going to behave/perform in the long run. I always suck at interviews, but I gain confidence over time and once I'm settled somewhere, I know I'll excel. I've seen a few people who suck at their job but get the position over less confident but more competent people because they've mastered the 'hiring game', so to speak.

Just like 'business studies' has taken aspects of economics (a science) and turned it into hollow information, human resources seems to have gone down a similar road using bits of psychology.

The problem with hypoglycemia is that 'hungry' and 'sleepy' feel the same, but when you choose 'sleep' rather than 'eat,' you wake up worse off than before. :( How am I ever to be thin if I have to eat every three hours???
I eat every 2 to 3 hours and I'm not overweight. Small balanced meals spaced out during the day increases your metabolism over time, plus (at least in my case) you'll feel a lot better overall.

Time to practice doing yet more exam questions... :frustrating:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
The monkey prescribes bananas. Lots of bananas.

:crazy:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The monkey prescribes bananas. Lots of bananas.

:crazy:
I often have "lots of bananas" instead of potatoes when I'm in Latin America or Africa. Some of the bananas I leave for a week and have a late dessert.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,427 Posts
Psychologists have known for a long time that interviews are a very bad way of assessing how someone is going to behave/perform in the long run. I always suck at interviews, but I gain confidence over time and once I'm settled somewhere, I know I'll excel. I've seen a few people who suck at their job but get the position over less confident but more competent people because they've mastered the 'hiring game', so to speak.
That's one advantage to being an INTJ - knowing what you do and don't know and being able to give a ready answer to those questions can come across as being confident even when you're not necessarily. Plus if there's something I don't know, I can very easily tell them whether it's something I will pick up quickly or not; I can usually relate it to something else I've learned and tell them how quickly I learned that (assuming I did, of course). I've had several interviews in situations where I could get feedback either from the interviewer or someone who worked for them, and I'm always surprised at how impressed they tend to be at how I interview. Of course, most of those were from when I was fresh out of college, so perhaps they were merely not used to someone that age being so sure of themselves. Regardless, as long as I go into an interview knowing I can do okay at the job, I seem to do well, it's just a matter of hopefully having skills equal to or better than that of other applicants (as it should be).

I often have "lots of bananas" instead of potatoes when I'm in Latin America or Africa. Some of the bananas I leave for a week and have a late dessert.
My dad jokes he likes to let a banana go black and stick a straw in and just drink it. :crazy:

Reactions: lirulin and Eylrid

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My dad jokes he likes to let a banana go black and stick a straw in and just drink it. :crazy:
With a week I meant letting the bananas turn from green to yellow.
As green I'd use/eat bananas (difficult to peal) where I'd normally use/eat potatoes:
boiled bananas
French fried bananas
banana chips
banana soup
barbequed/baked bananas
mashed bananas

2061 - 2080 of 38011 Posts