Personality Cafe banner

32041 - 32060 of 37956 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
We had those ancient relics as well, as if catalytic converters are something the driver needs to understand and as if they're some new technology. We had one about manually priming the fuel system of a diesel engine which is literally a thing only found on trucks and shit from the 60s. I'm almost surprised there isn't a question covering the proper way to hand-crank the engine (don't wrap your thumb around the handle, you might get hurt if the engine kicks) because it sure seems like the only car these people had experience with was a military spec Russian 4x4.
Uhu, I bet the hand-crank is in the next chapter.:laughing:
We even had a chapter on how to change gears, how [to use] a seatbelt and why you should use one. etc.
A lot of unnecessary information; the practical part should cover all that more then enough.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Videos of pedicures on really jacked up toes have been so soothing lately... I don't even like feet like that, but my youtube history is clogged with these videos now.
Interesting. Haven't thought about it this way really, but a lot of the videos I watch aren't necessarily for the entertainment value. Something about watching someone do something competently, like gaming or communication for me, can be as relaxing as ASMR for other people. In fact, if the person doing one of those "relaxing" videos isn't performing the task to optimum efficiency, it sets off my perfectionism alarm and ends up being counterproductive.

·
Meh.
8,045 Posts
It would have been really nice if anything about this birth and the aftermath were easier going than with E. I was doing anything and everything in my power to avoid the interventions and feeding issues we had with her only to be thrown a massive curve ball by discovering there are way more interventions and feeding issues on the menu with this little man. The difference is that this time I feel more equipped to tell them to kindly fuck off if their suggested course of action does not work for me and him.

I know that this will all soon be distant memory but I can’t help but feel bitter that we are in this kind of a situation once again. It’s the kind of stress you don’t need when trying to adapt to having a new tiny person in your life.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,424 Posts
I can see why yew like it!
God I spent 10 min coming up with that...
I seed what you did there, but I have to axe why you wood go to such effort? Is it an ingrained habit, or do yew like branching out your efforts of humor? I mean, it was oaky, but kind of sappy. Sorry to ash and then be a beech about it, but I cone-fess I pine fir better puns and it tends to make me a bit birchy.

Cherry up, though, I'm getting board with these acorny jokes, so elm trunk-ate my efforts and leaf now before I teak anyone off and get any more un-poplar.

Not even going to say how long it took me to do that...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Interesting. Haven't thought about it this way really, but a lot of the videos I watch aren't necessarily for the entertainment value. Something about watching someone do something competently, like gaming or communication for me, can be as relaxing as ASMR for other people. In fact, if the person doing one of those "relaxing" videos isn't performing the task to optimum efficiency, it sets off my perfectionism alarm and ends up being counterproductive.
I am the same way. I love watching video game speedruns for similar reasons; there is something deeply beautiful about seeing someone perform a task at such a high level of skill that they make performing the most challenging tasks appear effortless. I get bored after 30 minutes of television, but I can watch videos of elite gaming skill for hours.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I am the same way. I love watching video game speedruns for similar reasons; there is something deeply beautiful about seeing someone perform a task at such a high level of skill that they make performing the most challenging tasks appear effortless. I get bored after 30 minutes of television, but I can watch videos of elite gaming skill for hours.
Yeah I love a good let's play though I like the story driven games e.g. bioshock series, the last of us, dishonored (not 2 though, bleh), etc. When I was dating the ISTP, he was an amazing gamer and I would alternate between reading and watching him play CSGO, TF2 or some other FPS.

I also love a channel called Beyond the Press where this guy does bizarre experiments like making a hot tub out of ice. He explains his methods and equipment - while I don't watch it daily, I tend to binge on it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My current fad/obsession is warcraft 3 pro play. Brings me back to middle/high school days lying to mom about how long I've been playing and spending every waking moment thinking about strategies and units and which race I like most (night elves).

I also really enjoy finding particularly pleasant and role model-y players to watch, so as to frame the gaming experience in a positive self-growthy light. There's a wc3 player called Grubby who I watch mainly (even though he's an orc main) and he seems like the epitome of good sportsmanship in his videos. Keeps it refreshing.

·
Grim Reaper
944 Posts
I set my goals unrealistically high so that when I achieve them I am more than twice the person I was before.

That's the self quote I've lived by for the past few years. That is what I tell people when they ask why I do things the way I do.

Starting at my new university is giving me that rush I enjoy but also fear. Confidence and doubt in conflict. The mental gears turning, the mapping process in overdrive. "This can be done by then, I'll give myself x amount of time for this, I'll finish this a few days ahead to leave room for that." It seems to be all I think about every day haha.

I think this is the first time I've ever truly doubted my abilities. When I wanted to lose weight I thought "I will." When I wanted to become MBTI certified, when I wanted to go back to community college, when I wanted to push myself to not only pass but succeed in academic areas I once struggled with; "I will."

This is the first time I've not only thought but felt "Can I?"

Deep down it frightens me but at the exact same time in some sort of odd manic way it excites me. It makes me think that if I can overcome my new goals I can yet again become better than the person I was before.

In the end the only person that chooses success or failure in someones life is the one making the choice to put forth the effort and struggle.

An over-dramatic thought process I suppose. Just letting some thoughts loose haha.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
We have a new director and after hearing all the shit talking from his subordinates, I already know the rest of the year is going to be a hot ass mess.

Here's to keeping your head down and getting the job done.
Dilly dilly!

In other news, summer is staring us down and as a result, my doggie's hot spot has returned. Except worse. She now has a yeast infection strain that requires her to be on antibiotics. The doggie, who can only eat like 3 things due to allergies (which was a factor in this particular yeast being able to thrive), now has to put antibiotics in her sensitive tummy. FOR A MONTH. I feel so bad for her - while she is noticeably less itchy, I can tell her tummy doesn't feel great. And she hates baths but now has to be bathed with medicated shampoo and topical fungicide applied.

I swear, my pets are more work than my child.

32041 - 32060 of 37956 Posts