Personality Cafe banner

37761 - 37780 of 37951 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
<<<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

[video]

Reactions: Squirt

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Tell that to the British. They haven't been able to wipe their asses with proper toilet paper for months.
so you think they should ... what? invade american jewellery stores and wipe their bums on gold leaf?

I skipped I puritani. Now sad, especially given the dry spell coming up. but i guess when you're opera'd out you just are, and I don't regret sonnambula and elisir d'amore either, so whatchagonnado.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
so you think they should ... what? invade american jewellery stores and wipe their bums on gold leaf?

I skipped I puritani. Now sad, especially given the dry spell coming up. but i guess when you're opera'd out you just are, and I don't regret sonnambula and elisir d'amore either, so whatchagonnado.
No, they shall crawl on their British knees to their toilet paper overlords, the Papiringan! They shall beg "Please, your royal Papiring, take my daughters, my sheeps, my land! My arse is burning, for it has not felt the gentle touch of toilet paper in months. Please, O' great Papiring of the North, I beg Thee!" None shall overthrow this grand new monopoly.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
No, they shall crawl on their British knees to their toilet paper overlords, the Papiringan! They shall beg "Please, your royal Papiring, take my daughters, my sheeps, my land! My arse is burning, for it has not felt the gentle touch of toilet paper in months. Please, O' great Papiring of the North, I beg Thee!" None shall overthrow this grand new monopoly.
fools. obviously you wipe yourself on your sheep in those circs.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Since I have so much time at home, I thought I would be Susie Homemaker, so I bought a mortar and pestle to grind spices for my tea.

1. I bought a granite mortar not realizing that it needed to be seasoned.
  2. So I tried that with rice and water for 20 mins straight only to give up
  3. Then I picked up a ceramic bowl and tried grinding in that since that's what I use a work. Still no dice.
  4. So I ended up boiling the spices like I normally do and called it a day.
I just completed the return for that mortar and pestle. LOL. Never a-freakin-gain will I try this at home.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

God, I miss when popular music had teeth.
Albeit baby teeth...............
This frum when I was a teen and a tune I lived my youth by. It has mature teeth:
[video]

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Birthday was the other day. ESFJ sister threw me a "surprise party" i.e. everyone who lives at my house and 2 friends (her best friend and my best friend). It was after work (for me) and the work week involved a lot of 5 a.m. wake up times because I am trying to get the office back on track. For some unfounded reason, ESFJ sister was terrified of throwing me a surprise party because well, you know how that TJ anger can be. I was tired and said, "why on a work day" but then put on some sweats, went out to the backyard and played along. It was a nice gesture and nice to see everyone.

The highlight had to be my 67-year-old ENFP retired nurse mother playing Cards Against Humanity with us. Everyone had a great time saving the most obscene cards for my mother and then giggling as she read them aloud. You haven't lived until you've heard your mom say, " 'Bird Bird's brown crusty asshole'... hmm... I don't think I'd pick that one... contemplates seriously" I think at one point, the neighbor was bringing her 7-year-old outside to play, heard my mom reading these very graphic cards, and promptly turned on her heel and took the child back into the house :LOL:

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
i started making cinnamon buns at 9pm. guess my inner self does not accept that i've deferred yet another of these theoretical 'days off' and will be at work tomorrow.

oh well. at least i'll have breakfast, i guess.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Vent: One of my peeves is when the first thing out of someone's mouth when asked a yes/no question or given information is "NO!" even when they mean yes or there is no reason to object, like toddlers that just learned how to be verbally defiant. Why do people do that? It's one of the most idiotic things I encounter when it comes to communication...

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Vent: One of my peeves is when the first thing out of someone's mouth when asked a yes/no question or given information is "NO!" even when they mean yes or there is no reason to object, like toddlers that just learned how to be verbally defiant. Why do people do that? It's one of the most idiotic things I encounter when it comes to communication...
What's a 505 super-sized IFTP? Wait, that says "illest mofo" doesn't it?

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Whenever you discover a gray hair it feels like you've been participating in a race without knowing it, and like you're finishing last. It's like nature runs past you capriciously, kicking you in the face, giggling "I told you!" No, that's called whispering.

·
Meh.
8,045 Posts
Lots happening in my space. I came out to my bff yesterday. It went well. I should have done this years ago. I've been in a phase of review of Things in my Life and I just needed some air in this closet. I'm still not going to tell my SO that he's not the only gender I'm interested in. I figure that it doesn't make a difference at this point as I'm not about to run off and live my best gay life because we committed to having two awesome little kids but that's open to review in case I ever meet someone who makes it impossible to keep the status quo. That's not going to happen where we are right now.

I'm not unhappy in my life or my relationship but my SO and I are more and more shifting to a platonic level ... And I'm ok with that. My priority at the moment is to raise happy and healthy children. As they get older those priorities might shift as they need less input and consistent presence but for now, I'm good where I'm at. I'm about to start my first course in my new degree. Our moving plans are solidifying into taking action to get us there. I cut my hair for the first time in years. I'm taking care of myself again. I'm feeling more free than I have felt in a long time.

Ooh and I also finally ordered a new laptop. Lenovo IdeaPad. Sweet specs: 16gb, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA 1650 & an i5 processor. Now to find some patience to get through the 8-10 week wait time...

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Whenever you discover a gray hair it feels like you've been participating in a race without knowing it, and like you're finishing last. It's like nature runs past you capriciously, kicking you in the face, giggling "I told you!" No, that's called whispering.
I'm loving getting older.

I don't know why, maybe it's an INTP thing. Instead fearing it, it's just a new experience that I haven't had yet, and so I relish it. I get to be an older person. Cool!

Hell I'm not even properly old yet. 32 soon. I'm balding a bit and have perhaps two grey hairs, but I still have another 35+ years of "being an adult" before I'm allowed to retired and be a proper old person.

The worst thing I feel with aging isn't the looks, it's the longing for good days I had. I'm currently reading the travel book that I wrote as I went around India, almost ten years ago. Those are days I'll never be able to repeat in the same way. The nostalgia is deep.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------take it frum a koon!

LOL you fukkerz make me laugh. And your words reflect the reasons why I can't stand hanging around old people. By what I'm reading you're well on your way to someone I don't want to see when I'm 90. Shit none of you will prolly be able to run with me then.

I have long white, platinum, gray hair whatever you care to call it. Its ME- I grew it and I'm proud of it, guess cause I like ME! The Life I'live and have lived - all of it.

Yesterday I went to Pentwater Mears Beach on Lake Michigan and had a great time. Met some college peeps playing volleyball and joined in with them. they're all 20 to 25 and I'm 67 - yeah 67. they're all asking me what they gotta do to live like me! how they love the beach bum life, blah, blah blah.
I love it, them & my life. Everywhere I've been, what I've done - good & bad - The Life & Lifestyle I've built from scratch & by design, envisioned from the time I was 16 years old.

I affirm & embrace all of it - and yeah! All that white hair.
Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee, alway have alway will!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I was triggered today. Currently re-reading a novel with a main character that reminds me of another character I worked with.

They're both "devastatingly" good-looking, well-mannered guys on the surface who can charm the pants out of almost anyone. I remember the first time we spoke:

I noticed how our coworkers and higher-ups reacted to him for half the day. There aren't that many handsome men in our office. Actually, there aren't any at all, so our majority female office is easily impressed. What I noticed is that he would attack with a specific compliment, followed by a smile and wink (lol). The brilliant part is he would ask questions about his next target, make note of it then incorporate that into the flattery. It came across as genuine to them because how could he possibly know this on his first day??

Anyway, we're on the elevator. I'm minding my business because I have nothing to say, so he steps closer to me and says, "Oh wow! Ponpiri, is it? -smile- That's a really nice bag" then he points out the detail on this plain bag and asks, "what brand is it?" I answer, "It's a cheap brand I got on sale from xx if you want one. You don't have to try so hard, by the way. -pointed look-"

From then on, that guy was like gnat flying around my ramen. I uncovered so many plots by this dude, it was as if our lab had been turned into the set of Survivor. Caught him stealing formulae and passing the work off as his own and at a certain point, he tried to turn my direct boss against me. Tthe funny thing is, he'd charmed the execs so well that everything he was doing to the peons (myself and other department members) wasn't necessary. He either did it because it liked it or wasn't confident in his conning abilities.

What's even funnier is that he would ask for my opinion on his work, our company, current events, hell, the gd universe, knowing that I didn't care for him. And my dumbass would answer!

Eventually, he'd have breaks in his character in front of me, planned and unplanned. For ex. I'd be in the room where he's charming some exec, then six minutes later, he'd come venting about how he doesn't care about people because "I'm an introvert just like you, pon -sad smile-," he's only doing it to get ahead and it makes him very sad. Then, he'd look at me expecting something. I didn't know what so I'd give advice or just say, "okay" and move on with my day.

Maybe it's because he knew that I held the same contempt for the same people, but just for different reasons? Idk.

Even now that he's left, he'll send updates on his whereabouts [he landed a job way above his skill level] and I'd read it, happy to know that he's doing well, even though the punk tried to screw me over so many times.

I don't get it. I know he's fake af and he knows that I know, but still we entertain each other. And now that I think about it, I seem to attract [or be attracted to] these people in the workplace. Maybe I found this guy fun because he was harmless compared to the certifiable ones I'd dealt with in the past.

Anyway, reading this book triggered the hell out of me lol. I still remember the premise, but the insidiousness of the antagonist didn't hit me at the time because I was still a kid. Now that I'm an adult with working experience, I see these bastids everywhere.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
cheer up . . . once you reach your forties your near vision starts to go too, so when you lean in to make sure you really saw what you saw . . . you can't.

i skipped over grey and went straight to white. i was looking for years and glad to finally see definite glitter in there. the last thing i want is to have the face-and-everything-else of 70-something and look like i think i can still fool anybody by dying my hair. my dad didn't go white, or even grey, until he was into his 90's though, and my mother died brown in her early 50s. so i don't think the genes are going to be with me on this.

a week ago i burned myself good, with a blob of boiling-hot oil that splashed up from a wok and got me right at the base of one fingernail. i hopped in circles and cursed and all that, of course. but stir frying waits for no man, so then i forgot about it.

couple days ago i realised i've had a good blister going on this whole time. i'm intrigued and curious because i don't think i ever have had a blister that didn't open and drain - that's why i forgot the whole thing. this one was already several days old, so i made a small project of it. wanna see what blisters actually do when left to their own devices. nobody's asking me, but

i think i'm safely past the point where there's any risk of it breaking itself by me bumping it. it's flattening out, but the weird thing is it's now that it is close to full resorption, it's getting reddish. i thought at first that the fluid itself was getting mucky and murky, but now i believe what's happening is actually me getting a clear view through it to the underlying blood vessels as they come back.
i think it's going to dry out to a sort of disc of additional skin and then i'll get to lift that off like a scab. bodies are interesting

p.s. if you cared enough to open the spoiler and look at this, you don't get to say ewww or pretend i'm any weirder than you.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
for some reason i'm watching a lot of florida-based courtroom stuff. at first i held it against the individual attorney i noticed it in, but now i'm just universally bothered by the weird slushy way all of them pronounce their s'es. "inshrucshons".

also: really amused by the american habit of calling each other ma'am and sir at every turn. it's just a sort of universal part of the lexicon.

all i can say is: this does not happen in canada.

·
Meh.
8,045 Posts
Can today be over yet? I'm tired and sore and the kids are absolutely feral. I'm aching to go out for a long long run but I did something to my hip a few days ago and it's clear that doing anything beyond essential walking is a bad idea at the moment.

Bff and I video called last night after my big revelation over texts and it was really good. We had a good laugh about a few key moments in the past 20 years where things could've been so obvious for her to pick up on. She's super chill about it all and is very supportive, which is great. It's not like I expected otherwise, but it's nice to have it confirmed that she's a great human being.

At some point this afternoon or tonight I'm going to soak in a bath full of epsom salts and drink a glass of wine. can't. wait.

37761 - 37780 of 37951 Posts