Personality Cafe banner

37881 - 37900 of 37960 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
that cardigan though. i feel a new Knit coming on. i'm in love.
I have to be honest here. The extent of my effort was googling "cool guy pose" and picking the first one that didn't look like a total asshole. I spent more time, like 15 minutes, figuring out which roxbury gif I wanted.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
To be fair, it was probably the better part of the volume of half a shot glass
eta: oh, i get it ... miscarriage. leaving my complaint in place for the historical record of it.

no, that wasn't my point. how did he get from 'toilet bowl full of blood' to 'pregnancy'? that doesn't make sense. what does pregnancy have to do with menstrual blood? pregnancy is when you DON'T produce blood. in fact, not doing it is one of the time-honoured first signs of it.

i just want to understand the thinking process. i don't care about any of the rest of it.

it's this weird thing where I respect their intelligence while at the same time can't stand what's coming out of their mouths.
this combination of words should be enshrined somewhere. forget type . . . can we just chip in together and get a huge marble plinth or something?

Few things make me as furious as someone who thinks everyone else needs to hear and feel their music.
guilty (not really) pleasure . . . i LOVE doing this. this, and riding a bike on the sidewalk are my two totally out-of-character antisocial compulsions. a car's just an ipod with wheels to me. one's dangerous, but the other is ignorant which in some ways is worse.

i love love loud music and cars. they just go together. to be clear: i don't do it [that often] though. in practice i always lose my nerve and crank it way down after five seconds at any stoplight, but believe me the spirit is there.

·
Registered
INTJ
2 Posts
Someone that I thought had something special with me just dropped the bomb that he has a girlfriend.
We both stated that we weren't ready for a relationship. But he (essentially) led me on and vaguely mentioned it in servers that we're in. And then expected me to both read it and piece it together while I work all week.
I just wish he gave me an explanation. Told me upfront. Him not doing so sucks so much.

I'm hurt, but I don't know how to talk about it to the people who reached out to. I don't understand why it hurts so much when objectively it could be my fault or just something I should understand from the other perspective.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I have to be honest here. The extent of my effort was googling "cool guy pose" and picking the first one that didn't look like a total asshole. I spent more time, like 15 minutes, figuring out which roxbury gif I wanted.
there are some who might feel that you failed on the 'asshole' factor . . . but i don't personally care. a) wasn't looking at him, and b) . . . yeah.

hope your cat will be okay. i'm not commenting but sick cats never go unremarked.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
The veterinarian couldn't really find anything, but suggested I keep him indoors and give him painkillers for a while, and to pick up the phone if he seemed to get worse. I'm gonna take him in for another check in a week. Cost me 5000 NOK so far, heh. Expensive little shits.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,424 Posts
Reactions: Skimt and Sela

·
Meh.
8,046 Posts
It's nice being back in the mountains. It has been a week shy of three months since we were here last. The quiet is amazing. The views are even better. Am currently sitting up watching my newly 4yo sleep while I read my Stephen King book and have an email conversation with a retired lawyer about some technicalities of a case I'm building against my SO's client who is refusing to pay his final, hefty, bill. Its been fun because the guy has been going off in emails and I've taken over from SO in responding to him because I did once train to be a lawyer elsewhere. The case is fairly straightforward and hopefully serving him with legal papers will prompt him to get legal advice which will then convince him to just pay the damn bill because he doesn't have a leg to stand on and he is going to be wasting a lot of his precious jet setting time if he takes it all the way to court. Its small claims so you can't palm this off to a lawyer but have to show up in person and represent yourself.

I'm probably enjoying this a little too much.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
<<<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

Ohhh Gawd! I'm on Cat Detail for the next week, 10 days or so..........
Dr. Daughter's Mom will be visiting her & Son n Law for a bit some 1000 miles away.

Mom lives not too far away frum Kamp Koon so whenever she & her boyfriend are travelling I take care of her 2 cats, water her plants, maintain the hummingbird feeders, etc. Both her cats are gettin up there now in years 12 & 14 I think so not to bad but when younger man that orange/white one was a holy terror. That fukker could wreck a house in 2 days or less.

The black one, named Jack; yep, I call him Jack the Cat; that fukin thing was born with cerbellar hypoplasia so its never been able to jump up on anything but it gets around ok. Dr. dughter's Mom picked it up as a kitten before it was euthanized cause , well, she can't rid herself of empathy - gawd the bitch stops on roads and places turtles off the pavement......

Anyway, thats an hour a day of my life for the next week. I get to take real showers tho at her house and raid the fridge. Dr. Dawters Mom always stocks the fridge with plenty of food and leaves me a bottle of gin.
Yep, Classical Conditionnig at its finest..............
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Looking forward to another track day next weekend, then racing the following. Lots I need to work on/get back into the groove on as I was really reverting to old (bad) habits that were killing my laptimes - add in my bike was running like shit and that wasn't helping my confidence :/

Little video comp of my first time out at Barber a couple weeks ago:

This weekend will go hiking again, and hopefully wrap up assembling the street bike (if I can't get that done before then - still waiting on all my gaskets to arrive). Maybe a spin up into the mountains if I get that all back together.

Tonight and Friday night I should go ride the one horse - I'm not "committed" to riding her, but I should for a few reasons, not the least of which is getting off my butt and doing some additional physical activity in the evening rather than lazing around.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Enjoy feeling like you're interacting with these people through their time and space.
laurie anderson said "when my father died, i felt as if the library of congress had burned down." i kind of feel like i know what she meant. those old people are breaking my heart.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So frustrated. After negotiating with candidate #1 for (imo) way too long (but the owner really wanted her) she declined. Now candidate #2, who had accepted, is now hemming and hawing. Everyone apparently wants to give 30 days notice (because they're management) which basically puts us at July 19th, work day July 20th.

My last day is July 31st. That is not changing. I (of course) have a plan B but owner is being a bit resistant/indecisive about it because it's not how he wants to do things. How he wants things done is becoming less and less of an option.

I care and I don't care at the same time.

I am looking forward to a weekend of Animal Crossing.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
So frustrated. After negotiating with candidate #1 for (imo) way too long (but the owner really wanted her) she declined. Now candidate #2, who had accepted, is now hemming and hawing. Everyone apparently wants to give 30 days notice (because they're management) which basically puts us at July 19th, work day July 20th.

My last day is July 31st. That is not changing. I (of course) have a plan B but owner is being a bit resistant/indecisive about it because it's not how he wants to do things. How he wants things done is becoming less and less of an option.

I care and I don't care at the same time.

I am looking forward to a weekend of Animal Crossing.

Man, wish I had the luxury of so many job offerings to just be able to hem and haw about accepting a position in this present economy! Granted, I'm looking for a better position with more growth opportunity and looking to move back into the field I was previously in (long story), but ya - several jobs I've been turned down for because they have so many applicants that even though I could excel, with multiple people who've done that EXACT job before, I keep getting the boot....which i get from their perspective, but it's getting draining on my end :(

Hopefully you'll be on to bigger and better things - they'll figure it out when you're gone one way or another!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Man, wish I had the luxury of so many job offerings to just be able to hem and haw about accepting a position in this present economy! Granted, I'm looking for a better position with more growth opportunity and looking to move back into the field I was previously in (long story), but ya - several jobs I've been turned down for because they have so many applicants that even though I could excel, with multiple people who've done that EXACT job before, I keep getting the boot....which i get from their perspective, but it's getting draining on my end :(

Hopefully you'll be on to bigger and better things - they'll figure it out when you're gone one way or another!
That's what I'm worried about but I don't want to do this type of work pretty much ever again. In fact, I have so many connections in the industry who have offered to help and I'm like no, thank you. But at a certain point, it may not be my option anymore.....

Hang in there! Something will come your way. Just make the best of where you are in life, even though it's frustrating and maybe scary

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
current self-improvement project: trying to downtune my compulsive twitch every time someone starts an answer to any question with 'so . . . '

as with a lot of this stuff, i thought it was sort of clever and fun when i first noticed it. oh neat, a little piece of verbal integument. but the more it goes on and the more ubiquitous it becomes, the more i come to resent it. there's something about it that now seems condescending to me. opportunistic even. no you don't get to pretend that you are just adding your link to a chain that already exists. just the fact that it seems to pair itself to questions exclusively informs that there is no existing chain here. there's a gap. you are filling a gap. you're being called to account. you don't get to act like you're just doing the questioner some kind of favour based on mutual ground that you are [actually not] already sharing with them.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I ate the two peas that my gardens produced. Now what? Another long patch of thumb-twiddling and waiting for a bean or two to grow big enough to be eaten, I guess. Jesus, how i need a life.

The mango is not doing shit. I ousted the oak-tree-that-isnt-a-lychee and threw out the pomegranate seeds (mould). Cherry and peach pits in fridge. As for the maybe-peach tree that started it all, I am trying to get it to grow a branch on its bare side. The three that came out on the opposite side did so well that my sense of symmetry won't let me leave it in peace.

37881 - 37900 of 37960 Posts