Personality Cafe banner

37901 - 37920 of 37960 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Sometimes, I want to give people compliments, but then I take a moment to think about what it would sound like.

"You have an attractive looking skull."

"Your teeth are very crooked. I want to lick them."

"Wow, you're big."

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Sold the bike today. There were some people who were dragging their feet, but this one jumped right on it and got a free lock because I was in a good mood.

Now that's less clutter in my apartment and more motivation to keep selling my junk.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Sometimes, I want to give people compliments, but then I take a moment to think about what it would sound like.

"You have an attractive looking skull."

"Your teeth are very crooked. I want to lick them."

"Wow, you're big."

you sound like my son when he was four. 'natternatterbabbletalkchatterwhatsmall thatman'sheadisburblechatternattertalk'. verbatim. i veered sideways into a hedge it got me laughing so hard.

four never shuts up. and it suddenly doesn't care who can hear it AND who is listening. it's all about just passing on whats in its head.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
paging all naturalists . . . and @Napoleptic
something unexpected i turn out to be growing this year in my 'garden' is bees. most definitely there is at least one large, furry bee building itself a burrow in the blue bin; i've been watching it for a few days and there's no question of it.

wasn't worried - in fact i was fascinated; i didn't even know bees lived in holes in the ground - until i saw it arrivign a few minutes ago toting something yellow and formless that looked as big as itself. quick google says it may just be a pollen bale for feeding larvae. if that's all it is i can leave it alone. but i have to admit my first thought was that it was transporting a queen to set up a new hive.

i have nothing against bees and fully realise how important (and threatened) they are. i have to admit though i don't think i'm up for hosting my own hive of them 7 feet from my back door. i'm hoping it is just a solitary. i don't mind a SMALL family of bees as a backyard neighbour. i don't want a whole mexico city of them.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Overall my weekend wasn't bad; hiking and then my mom and nephew took me out for a b-day lunch on Saturday, and then Sunday I rode one of the horses at the barn and then worked on finishing up the valve adjustment on my bike.

The reassembly portion was what I was worried about, but turns out the hard part wasn't what I had been worried about before trying to do it. Originally I was concerned about possibly knocking a shim and making sure they didn't fall out as I put thing back together. That was easy - the hard part came on trying to reinstall the camshafts, and making sure all the timing marks were lined up after reinstalling all the camshaft caps. I only had to redo things like 4 times :/

Needless to say I was getting extremely frustrated at the "redoing" part. Good thing was, I learned (from a friend) a few "tricks" to make my life a million times easier next time around. And of course, right in the middle of that (redo #3 or 4 I think) my dog decides to go nuts (she was tied but hanging out in the garage/driveway with me) on someone walking by, freaking their dog out - and I was elbows deep in my bike already cursing, so I ended up screaming at the dog like a crazy lady (add in that she is NOT allowed to react that way, because when we are at the track or otherwise away from home she simply cannot do that - and 95% of the time, she's good, but this was that 5%...). Neighbor probably thought I was some hot tempered nut job :/

I regretted my public display of extreme frustration about 2 seconds later, but too late to take back the cray cray I threw out there lol.

I did successfully (I think) finally get the bike mostly assembled, just have one cover I needed some RTV for, and found out too late I was out, so once that's back on, I can do a test start and fingers crossed it all is good and I have vroom instead of boom lol.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
snort. lawyerdude calls buttface 'whatsherface'. and i didn't even feel like correcting him.

current metrics are a 'case conference' in a few weeks and a corresponding deadline for her to produce her 'financial', whatever that is. i'm hardly holding my breath.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
my morbid snort of the month.

i'm watching bits of this total shitshow of a murder trial that unfolded a few years ago in california. "so, we initially considered car accident, but i pointed out that there's a lot of money invested in automobiles so that means there would be squads of investigators and so on examining the wreckage. we abandoned that pretty quickly, because we deemed the risk of an investigation to be too high."

oh right. and that's why you made a special trip to the guy's workplace out in the back of beyond and shot him twice at close range with some kind of handgun. because that's not going to attract any kind of investigation at all.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
So, there's a very large dog, a bear, or sheep, or calf, or something down by the river crying for help, or dying, a growl that shakes the trees, along with an occasional long sounding squeak, splashing in the water and breaking of branches/trees, and since I'm not familiar with the sound I'm not taking the risk of climbing down into that pitch black night death trap of a forest, to whatever innocent animal or monster is down there. Glad my cat came in, he was scared shit-less. Understandable.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
I replied this one consultant on LinkedIn that I'm not looking for any job offers in my now current position, something which isn't perhaps highlighted properly, but that she mustn't hesitate to keep in touch due professional reasons, so she added me as a contact. A day later I get a notification on my phone about some political garbage that she had shared, making me realize that establishing this contact was a mistake, or, that LinkedIn is going to be the new social medium like Twitter and Facebook where it's all about hammering everyone with opinions of something-or-whatever all the time, so that I'm going to have to abandon my LinkedIn account as well.

Acting like a lunatic has become the norm, and they're calling me strange for leaving it behind. That should be a Disney movie.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
tmi time: i got my iud taken out today. i know they last a long time, but i also know me. i was starting to get neurotic about how they'd probably discover it in the nursing home, by which time it would be welded in place. then they'd all give me That Look [where they're horrified but trying valiantly to pretend that they're not]. and i'd say something feeble like 'i kind of just never got round to it.' so i found someone willing to take it out and made an appointment with them.

all i'm gonna say is, i know not everyone has a 'sensitive' cervix. i know mine acts like 25% of my entire nervous system is located there. but even so, i shrieked like an 8-year-old and i think now i'm more upset by the memory of that than the memory of how fucking unpleasant it felt. it's like i want a do-over because i'm convinced if they'd just given me time to get my head ready first . . .

anyway, there was no aftermath and i appreciate that. when it went in i needed to lean on someone in order to get myself home. this time. i swore like a sailor while they were doing it but once it was done i felt perfectly fine.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
the mango is such a tease. it's growing a leaf; that's pretty clear. but the whole thing is basically like a huge bean, so it's doing that thing where first you get days' worth of only the stem sticking up in a loop, before the leaf finally breaks out and stands up. based on the size of this seed, by the time that stem is strong enough to lift it, we could be back into winter clothing.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
community stuff follows

Well... the one great thing to come from this (heavily monetized) BLM bullsh*t is that finally Black women are speaking up about our ill treatment within the community. I think seeing the tide took a shift after some ladies have noted the difference the community and international media treats male victims of police brutality vs female and how crimes against black women by black men aren't covered accurately, if at all.

I just read an excellent take-down of that guttersnipe, Richelieu Dennis, and his diabolical plan to turn a famous black womens' magazine into a haven for celebrating and promoting pimp culture under another name. His nonsensical direction, lack of focus on BW issues and sexual harassment and bullying of his black female employees aided by other women on the board is finally being aired out.

Sadly, even though MeToo was created by a black woman for black girls to talk about their struggles in the hood, this article would not have been written in 2017 at that movement's height. It could have only been published now... smh

They're a minority, but hopefully, soon, more will follow.

·
Spam-I-am
13,638 Posts
Today at local car wash where I have a membership
old man approaches me while I’m using the vacuums
granda handjob - how much to use the car wash?
me- I’m not sure, I have a monthly membership
pops- HOW MUCH IS THE CAR WASH?
me- I don’t know why don’t you go ask the attendant
pappy hand job- if you don’t know than you should have said so:oops:
me -I fucking told you I didn’t know

da fuq

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I did a thing late last week and getting the paperwork and finances in order and then taking care of immediate tasks afterward has taken up a great deal of my time this past week (working full time still as well).

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
sigh. last week, some actual work came down the pike . . . on wednesday. correction: near the middle of wednesday i got the news that work would be coming . . . the following day. and that they really really needed it to be done by the 30th.

i still have two non-working days i have to fit in by the same 30th, so the news knocked over my ant farm a bit. work has been dry for most of the month, so i certainly needed something to do for the sake of my own mental health. on the other hand, i then had to scramble to try and make two non-working days overlap with two days on which work simple Had To Be Done.

ended up writing off wednesday for them. it was the day i put in a few hours, went to my midday appointment, and then came home. so that killed off one day and of course optimism (not mine) decreed that naturally i could dust the whole project and have it done by 5 on friday; thus leaving monday free for me to cram in my last unpaid day.

didn't happen of course. so, in pursuit of the brownie points it's usually better to have than not have in uncertain times, at 6:30 on friday i sent a 'fine, i'll show up on monday to see this thing through' message out. i am god damned if i'll work a day and not bill for it, so i have a sad feeling this whole 'take time off, we're telling you to' is going to fizzle out into an unsatisfying couple of 'take half-days instead, over time' things for me.

bleh. i had nothing concrete to do or not-do tomorrow, but it's the principle, right?

·
Meh.
8,046 Posts
Studying is so much fun.

I caught up with my ENTP ex roomie yesterday. Somehow it had been months since we spoke last and I was a bit bummed that my efforts to set up a video call just didn't seem to work out. Yesterday I found out why: she lost her dad to Covid. He was in his sixties, healthy as and they have no idea where he contracted it. He was on a ventilator for nearly a month before they decided to unplug him as he was unlikely to ever get out of his coma again.

I wish I could have offered some support while she went through this. I wish I could show up on her doorstep with a big bottle of something and sit down with her face to face instead of 8 timezones ahead of her.
----

Covid talk from the government is hinting at the fact that international travel will remain severely restricted until late 2021. Nothing I can do about that but thats so fing depressing. I was really looking forward to my uncle visiting and maybe even my brother and his kids.

Anyway. Guess that's not happening.

-----
Legal papers were served to douchebag client today. And his wife. I'm half expecting that she will do the decent thing and pay the outstanding invoice. Its not as if they have any chance getting away with not paying it but they can decide to let it come before the court, which would be a massive waste of everybody's time.

37901 - 37920 of 37960 Posts