Personality Cafe banner

38221 - 38240 of 38273 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
5,269 Posts
Ya, I'm finally starting to accept that there will be a distinct line of life before covid, and life after, and that this isn't just a "wait a couple months and life will be normal again" situation.
Is that only just dawning on you guys over the US?

Here in Europe we're well past the acceptance stage now. It just feels like the new normal here. Sad but true.

Even sadder is that China is now fine. I lived in China, I have friends there, I speak Chinese, I can say with confidence that there is new news trickery going on - China is basically back to normal. They just act swift and hard when they do get another case. The same goes for their democratic little cousin Taiwan, too.

People complain about Chinese governance, but hell at least their people are back to living in normalcy once more. I so fucking envy those folk right now. It is possible to get through this, if only western governance had not been so badly watered down by rampant individualism. I want this shit fixed, yet there is no end in sight under the current state of affairs.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
I went a few weeks without coffee because caffeine tends to give me a bad stomach ache. However, I have some mylanta on hand, and I have a project due tomorrow I'm trying to pull an all-nighter to finish, so I picked up a can of starbucks cafe mocha tripleshot espresso and drank about half of it at once. Saved the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.

Thankfully, no stomach ache (but we'll see tomorrow). It's like things are moving in slow motion, I exist within a focused flow of energy, and my depression has temporarily ceased. I've taken adderall before, and this has basically the same feeling.

This project is my bitch right now.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I went a few weeks without coffee because caffeine tends to give me a bad stomach ache. However, I have some mylanta on hand, and I have a project due tomorrow I'm trying to pull an all-nighter to finish, so I picked up a can of starbucks cafe mocha tripleshot espresso and drank about half of it at once. Saved the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.

Thankfully, no stomach ache (but we'll see tomorrow). It's like things are moving in slow motion, I exist within a focused flow of energy, and my depression has temporarily ceased. I've taken adderall before, and this has basically the same feeling.

This project is my bitch right now.
Have you tried celery? It is a natural antacid among other things. Celery and peanut butter is really good.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Have you tried celery? It is a natural antacid among other things. Celery and peanut butter is really good.
Interesting, and no I haven't. I think I have both on hand so I'll give that a try actually, thank you.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I just read an article where someone referred to personality "prototypes" instead of personality "types" and I thought, "wow that's a way better word to use," so I'm going to start using it from now on.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
geez i appreciate the handful of people i know so well i can safely go all dark-humour on them. my brother's been acting erratic (ish) - although where he's concerned it all sort of depends on whether you're using his 'normal' patterns of conduct and thought as your baseline, or actually-normal ones in any case he's had a bunch of [self-inflicted iyam] shit going on, and my sister asked if i think there's any serious likelihood of him 'doing something'.

meaning suicide, naturally. and the honest truth is i don't. what i said to her was: well, if there is, i sure as shit hope he's got enough brain cells left to program a delay on any farewell-note emails he decides to send.

it's funny. just trust me; you might have to know us to know how funny it is but if you do then it's an absolute crystalline gem of dark wit. even he would probably laugh unless he's gone a flavour of lulu i've never personally thought of as within his range. god, what a pain family can sometimes be.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Both impact on the level of dopamine. So yes, it's the same feeling. Caffeine is safer though.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
wait, holy shit. we already set the clocks back?

i'm really not sure how [the middle of, yet] november has happened so fast. i wonder what this year will look like when i'm looking back on it five or ten years from now. as some big weird anomaly of nothingness, i hope. and it's interesting how in my mind i'm thinking of it as 'a year' - like my mind's willing to do this on condition that that's only how long it will last.

getting the collywobbles as my next encounter with buttface is starting to loom. it's not for a while yet, and like most of them it will probably play out as an anticlimax. but still, the mental countdown has begun.

candidate scenarios are: her lawyer shows up and doesn't raise any objections to this application. her lawyer shows, says he's getting off the record, and she wants an adjournment etc. no-one shows up, lawyer or not. her lawyer doesn't show up but she does, and expects or attempts to waste everyone's time. her lawyer doesn't show, she doesn't show, but her fucking daughter plays stand-in for her.

far as i know for any of them, i don't think there's any objection they can raise by now. none that will [hopefully] stick anyway. after all, we're entering about the 10th hour so even if she wants to say she's got objections to it, raising them any time between now and the day it happens will be coming a bit fucking late. she's had counsel for the whole month or whatever it's been since this new application was filed, and her formal deadline to give us notice of any complaints she does have . . . that deadline is weeks in the past. it's weirdly infuriating to get NO reaction for any of the due-process stuff we've been plodding through; even as i remind myself that no reaction from buttface is infinitely preferable to a reaction from her.

she's also been weirdly quiet on the litigious-asshole front for most of this year. i mean, apart from the aggravation she's brought to us. aside from one naked intimidation claim she filed in the first handful of months, there has been no other action at all. no raving cathartic spews about anyone else. no attempts to intimidate any landlords, neighbours, family members, doctors or cops via lawsuit. no creative, sidelong attacks on anyone else's right to hold title to their own property.

i'm a little pissed off, but i'll live with it. in fact, i just learned that soemone else has been claiming their costs of that bucket of shit she indulged herself with in 2018. it's quite possible that she's decided - without admitting it, naturally - that litigation isn't for her. and instead of admitting it, just quietly decided to re-invent herself as some other calling that she can still think will cover her with the kudos, attention and glory she's so convinced she deserves.

tl;dr: i have had indications lately that she may have decided to self-define as a Writah again. you'd be worried, except that i've seen just a little taste of what she thinks good writing looks like, so i'm not. this upcoming court date though. . . blech.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
i just spent half my day frying pennies. as you do.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
i just spent half my day frying pennies. as you do.
Wait, what?

Also, finally figured out what makes Buttface so terrifying to me: there's no opt-out. My sole survival tactic is avoidance, and it just wouldn't work with her.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Wait, what?
heh. finally somebody asks, and i should have known i could count on you :p

• i spilled nearly a litre of highly-fragrant 'tropical punch' into my freezer last night. fuck my LIFE. i regret everything. also, i wanted that punch.
  • one of the things in the freezer was a burlap-ish bag that used to hold rice and now holds about half a gallon of pennies instead.
  • all of the pennies got covered in punch.

• i rinsed the punch off the pennies, and if i don't dry them properly before they're re-stored they will get verdigris.
  • two litres of pennies covers a LOT of floor space if they're just left to themselves to air dry
  • in fact i don't have that much space

so i poured handfuls of them them in shifts into one of my big frying pans and made sort of stirring and saute-ing motions with it over low heat, till the sizzling stopped. then i had to pour the dry ones into another container until they cooled down because copper seems to hold heat for a surprisingly longer time than i expected it to. but things are almost back to normal now; thanks for asking.

Also, finally figured out what makes Buttface so terrifying to me: there's no opt-out. My sole survival tactic is avoidance, and it just wouldn't work with her.
heh. sure there's an opt-out: give her whatever she wants. yeah; like hell.

i seem to know a lot of nines. and they all gang up and mock me for being so five. but this is one of those times where five is really on point. you need some RRARRRRRR to deal with a marauder like her.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
  • one of the things in the freezer was a burlap-ish bag that used to hold rice and now holds about half a gallon of pennies instead.
Again: wait, what?

i seem to know a lot of nines. and they all gang up and mock me for being so five. but this is one of those times where five is really on point. you need some RRARRRRRR to deal with a marauder like her.
Wouldn't be hard to know a lot, Nines are quite common. :) Interesting you get flak for being a Five from them, I admire Five-ishness...but then see INTP. Always test as Five and occasionally even have to read a Nine description to remind myself I'm not actually one myself. I'm always slightly disappointed by it, to be honest. I think if I were a Five it would add very few problems I don't already have and would likely eliminate a lot more. :p The somewhat less avoidant bit is one thing I'm certainly jealous of. Pretty sure at least 98% of my problems stem from avoidance. I've been watching it in myself, but when I try to take action it ultimately becomes an exercise in absurdity because I find myself avoiding avoidance of avoidance. Anything to maintain inertia. sigh

You a Six wing? Your reactivity is, er, astonishingly quick at hand. From my perspective anyway, but that's not saying much (as one woman likes to say, "Nines start off slow...but then they taper off from there"). Granted it's difficult to actually gauge that sort of thing through text medium.

----------

I have been trying to learn to spell gauge without having to look it up since 5th grade. I was pretty good at spelling before damn autocorrect came long (heh, my computer is trying to autocorrect autocorrect). I'm still not bad, but I can't think of any other word that gives me that much trouble. Mischievous wasn't difficult once I realized people mispronounce it most of the time. And I think I've eliminated the urge to add a second U in curiosity. But gauge just never looks right to me. (This inane blather is brought to you by an avoidance of bedtime.)

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Again: wait, what?
REASONS. you're actually the only person so far who has even reacted to that part of it. everyone else seems sort of hypnotized by the punch and the frying pan and they haven't asked.

You a Six wing?
i wouldn't know. tbh i'm hostile to enneagram [reasons redacted for tact], so being teased by my Friends Who Have Decided To Tag Me A Five is literally the only thing that i know about it. to me it's just another way to say 'quarrelsome' and i'm mostly okay with that thought.

I have been trying to learn to spell gauge without having to look it up since 5th grade

i usually have to write/type it out and look at it, and then i know.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 514
1,088 Posts
Alright, so I've been stuck inside my dorm room for the past few days (which has the floor space of approximately 1.5x4m).
So I decided to try the pool again, since I like to swim laps occasionally. I've tried before a couple of months ago, but it was closed because of Covid-19.
So I decided to pack up some stuff, and head on the bus. Of course, the bus took 35-40 minutes to get there. However, at least I knew the pool was open now.

When I reached the pool, the sign said the hours were 8:30am-12:00pm and then 4:00pm-8:30pm. Of course, I arrived at 3:00pm.
So I figured, "okay, I'll just grab a coffee inside the complex and wait".
Nope, doors were locked. That wouldn't be so much of an issue if it wasn't -15 C outside (not including the wind).
So I had to walk 2 kilometers down the road to camp out at the nearest building (which happened to be a Starbucks) for the hour.
I wasn't dressed for the weather (because I wasn't assuming I would be walking outside) and it was open country, so I nearly froze my face off.

After I managed to get back after the hour passed (and nearly froze again), I asked the lady at the front desk if the pool was open.
Her response was "did you book an appointment?"
"What"
Apparently, I needed to book an appointment. Of course, the list was already filled for the day. So I had no option but to head home.

So after another 30-45 minute bus ride, I managed to head back to the dorm.
Goddamn it. This is why I don't leave my room...

Reactions: littlewyng

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Goddamn it. This is why I don't leave my room...
so many things i'm not doing either because of this new 'appointment' thing. i'm in favour of anything that slows the spread, but i was already maxed out on my appointment tolerance with the regular stuff that needs them, before all of this. now i'm just doing without all the additional things that require one, and hoping they find a vaccine before i take shears to my own hair. not hopeful.

so, the buttface envelope's in and i'm trying not to be annoyed, but it's like thinking you're okay after a car accident; and then the impact sets in. truth is, i'm SO annoyed i don't know where to put myself. i called it on two out of the possible scenarios: she did show up in person having fired her lawyer, pushing for an adjournment. of course. AND she pulled another new distraction tactic out of her ass, which was so random and so bizarre that nobody even knew what she was talking about. so they gave her an adjournment to go find some other lawyer. probably in the hope that at least a lawyer will put into some form of words that make sense.

i'm annoyed all to hell in spite of myself because there isn't really any excuse for this shit. IF SHE RESPECTED THE RULES she should have known that her lawyer was going to 'refuse to follow my [ridiculous] instructions' more than three weeks ago. if she didn't even find that out until the 11th [fucking] hour last night, then she should already be two strikes down. but it's the kind of thing you don't manage to articulate until hindsight etc.

as for her instructions themselves, let's not even. it's not going to be relevant anyway, i don't think. lawyerdude did nip one thing in the bud, and let's hope she's real pissed about it. what she probably wanted was just an open-ended adjournment, leaving it all up to her to decide when to engage with this process again. whereupon, naturally, she wouldn't have done jack shit, because honestly. this is as good as it's going to get for her. she can stall the process for only so long, but once it does grind into motion again she's going to begin losing ground.

what she got was a set length of time to find herself some other law-society patsy; and then we'll all have to go back. jesus i'm frustrated though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just read some 5G conspiracy stuff. How utterly amusing, it makes me think of this:
20 Insane Things That Correlate With Each Other

The world needs more of the stuff in the link above.
Example, courtesy of the link above:

Check it out if you need a good laugh.

·
Registered
INTJ
608 Posts
I’m dreading the holidays. I LOVE Christmas, but I work retail and customers have seemed to have lost their humanity and I’m dreading going into work on Black Friday because I work the returns/customer service desk. I am complete cannon fodder, so if you’re going Black Friday shopping during these apocalyptic plague times, please show some smidge of compassion to your essential retail workers. Please. We’ve been riding the chaos since March. From toilet paper shortages to people literally running off with the hand sanitizer for the employees from their work stations. And please wear a mask.

Also, the new hot item people are currently hoarding is outdoor patio heaters and selling them at an up charge.

This is the end of my PSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38221 - 38240 of 38273 Posts