Personality Cafe banner

38241 - 38260 of 38267 Posts

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
I just found a finnish spoof opera called covid fan tutte.

I'm happy. Hate the premise and the sophomoric misogyny of the original, but can tell I am gonna watch this the moment my work day is done.

And in the court report: when someone called dongdong sues someone called peipei, you can't help counting your own lunatic-litigation blessings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Irked by a vexed edgelord who's entered my private Discord chats to create chaos. They were blocked for expressing their opinions as objective truths, not to mention hitting up the females in the chat. BIG YIKES! Hopefully they will now leave me tf alone to watch Jujustu Kaisen in peace, instead of trying to coerce me to follow their beyond fractured logic! Self proclaimed "ENTJ" without any knowledge of Jung. exasperated sighhhh -_-

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wondering if there are any INTJs living or used to live with narcissistic family members here and how to deal with them.
I moved away from them as they impeded my own growth. The door slam method is hard to do with family members, but well worth it if it's something you can manage.

·
Spam-I-am
13,668 Posts
I work at a hardware store, we have been cleared out of our paper towels yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to go to local grocery store this morning at 6:00 A.M [opening time] to get my T.P
otherwise they will be sold out by 11 A.M.
these people must have THE cleanest assholes on the planet 😂
🤔 zombie apocalypse is upon on us and the locals hoard TP, paper towels and hand sanitizer
not shot guns, drugs, alcohol and first aid equipment but the above mentioned 😂 😂
and this is the reason why INTJ dislikes society
:

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
So this just happened... I believe I've mentioned before ISTP landlord and I do what we call our "daily breath check" where we make sure the other is still alive. He tends to call at inopportune times on the weekends because he has no sense of what day it is, so I try to beat him to the punch. Called him just now.

LL: Breathing.

Me: ...okay, bye.

Shortest phone call of my life. If our communication skills (d)evolve even further it will just be grunts toward each other from across the yard. This is how Ti-doms do Fe, y'all: despite the oddity of the interaction, we can tell we both actually care about the other.

30 seconds later:

LL: I forgot to ask if you were breathing!

Me: I kind of thought the talking gave it away.

LL: Oh, right. Okay, bye.

:LOL:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It's nice to actually be able to sit down and have a reasonably constructive talk after conflict.
Even if that means cutting ties after years of friendship, yet doing so in a reasonably calm and sensible way.

I guess that is one thing I do enjoy about adulthood.
Being able to talk, discuss, or even part ways in a fashion that's not prone to extreme drama nor stress, not even resent.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
My fiancé, best friend and a majority of my coworkers ooo and ahh when I pull out my crochet projects. All I get from my parents is a “that’s nice...why do you have an old lady hobby?”

Anyway here’s my current project of a shell stitch triangle shawl:

i'm really impressed by anyone who can make anything crocheted not just look like a big clump of shit. it seems to be hard not to make crochet look all sort of busy and claustrophobic, and personally that always triggers a sort of aggression in me. most of it looks like a MESS, and the mess gets me pissed. so yeah; impressed whenver someone makes something that shows me it does have a point.

the met is still doing their free daily opera stream [pleasedontstop]. i have let it go for ages, because it's been a whole bunch of stuff that i don't care about. but this week it is 'family drama week', so good ol' trovatore on monday again, and then lucia on friday. again. NO complaints. it's the same one they streamed before, the one someone on youtube called 'the downton abbey version' :p also, dessay probably weighs about as much as a pair of calleja's trousers, so that's a bit odd visually. but it's the one with ludovic tezier and kwangchul youn as the brother and priest, and god i liked how those two voices sound together.

in trovatore i'm looking forward to the quasi-dream battle sequence outside the convent. didn't used to mean much to me, but it's got a sort of counterpoint part underneath the entire huge melee, (di luna saying 'not even god') that's been earworming around in my head for a while. i just wasn't able to track down what it was or where it came from. now that i finally have i sure want to go watch it in action again.

another opera that's going to sit hard in my wish list until it comes up again now, is sonnambula. it seems to be a real b-list opera. i can never work out if it's obscure or well-known. i guess bellini just isn't . . . i guess. i started to listen to it on friday and i'm snagged. it's got a baritone who FIXES the problem instead of creating it. maybe that's why it's less popular.

·
Registered
INTJ
608 Posts
i'm really impressed by anyone who can make anything crocheted not just look like a big clump of shit. it seems to be hard not to make crochet look all sort of busy and claustrophobic, and personally that always triggers a sort of aggression in me. most of it looks like a MESS, and the mess gets me pissed. so yeah; impressed whenver someone makes something that shows me it does have a point.

I am very particular about my crochet, I hate very busy looking stitches and patterns. I like very clean and simple stitches and prefer to stick to things that don’t make me want to gauge my eyes out with my hook. A lot of it is the yarn, I love colorful yarn but I’ll use it to make a scarf to add a pop of color, but I do love my neutral colors because they go with everything.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
So the job drama continues - while I am planning on getting the minimum payout (my earned annual bonus and my PTO), I'm still hoping to get my severance (and not have to ask a lawyer about it).

There's a new HR lady assigned our account, and she called me Friday - bit of a blindside if I'm honest as she didn't say her job or why she was calling on her voicemail. So I tell her my side of the story, and come to find out, my old boss is still lying about my move - I didn't move until AFTER they hired my replacement (she hadn't physically started yet, but they had hired her and she was organizing her move from CA to TX). So I had accelerated my move, not wanting to be stuck in Dallas without a job. But apparently, she's still spreading the lie that I moved FIRST - which would give them "cause" not to pay out my severance package. Thankfully I have all the backup and information and forwarded that to my own files (not on a company computer that they can retrieve) to back up what actually happened in case I do need to consult a lawyer.

IF I were to get everything, I'd be sitting pretty well to have time to really get my business going and kiss this corporate slavery goodbye once and for all. If I get the minimum, I can make it happen, but it may not be pretty in a couple months - there will be some tight times, no doubt, but at least I could try to collect unemployment (UI in GA is horrible right now, so not something I can count on either).

Thankfully have the new roommate, so that helps the budget. Paying down the credit cards so if I must, those are available. Hunkering down and getting some stuff in the pipeline for the business so that can take off when I'm not working full time at the day job. To be honest, it's making this a VERY long month, and my emotions tend to go all over the place. I was doing better, then the HR lady blindsided me, and retelling out loud how badly they have screwed me over for following the rules had me pretty upset again. Then had a not bad weekend, all day yesterday on the bike (pics below) which was nice to get out and not think about it. But then last night was dreaming about it, so woke up feeling pretty yuck. Headed to the barn, which is always relaxing, and my mood has slightly improved as I've had a few hours to redirect my thoughts again and focus on the future, not the past.

Honestly can't wait to be out of this company, being jerked around like this has made me lose all respect for the company as a whole - while I know there are managers and some people who wouldn't do that to their employees, the reality is that the company more than happily allows it to happen.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
lothistrovatore version from today's met. overact much?

[spoiler=i've done this before, so yeah. just skip it]

i'm just giving up and going with it. holy cow, radvanovsky. it's not just that she's putting a year's worth of acting into a couple of hours, it's weird acting. like, is-she-entirely-normal type stuff. she keeps clutching some random segment of her face** [jaw, cheekbone . . . earlobe??? no, maybe just a ringlet or two] and doing this sort of sudden wide-eyed-grin sideways look past/over the hand. and i'm not even sure her pinkie isn't sliding towards 'into her mouth' part of the time. like a sort of awful imitation of a wwii pinup girl . . . kind of.

except no, not really. not really at all. i think it's meant to be girlish transcendence - a kind of blend of soul's awakening and simple squee. but she just comes across like she's been randomly hit with a frying pan and is looking in the entirely wrong direction for where it came from.

[** and she has a lot of face to grab. no. sorry. i didn't say that. unworthy of me. no reason why a soprano can't be all boobs and chin if that's how she's made. but iyam the low-cut empire gown is a mistake]. girl doesn't seem like she has any neck.

heh. and hvoratovsky just came on. LOL. they're all as bad as each other in this one. hvoratovsky keeps slinging his silver mane back and forth and looking down that russian Nose. it's just that, with the duck lips . . . all he seems able to do is prowl and scowl. oh, and point. he does a lot of splendid-silver-braided-uniform-sleeved straight-arm pointing while looking away from whatever he's pointing at. riding boots in significant evidence too.

and now alvarez. i really LIKE alvarez. he's a little domingo-ish to me vocally. i just don't want to have to look at him. he's got up here - and is acting like - a seriously cheesy dose of machismo swagger. in a waistcoat with oddly wimpy twining-flower motif of some kind. dusty rose and sage, like the height of 1980's home decor. it's serious fun how he and hvoratovsky have matching haircuts, being as how they're meant to be brothers and all. alvarez a little more mousse-y though**. and he's got the facial hair to show he's on the side of the rebels.

** erratum: considerably more mousse'y. his hair is holding down an acting job all on its own.

his overacting is unintentionally funny because his eyes are just that little bit too close together. so when he's doing Intense they tend to cross. i don't want to say he acts with his eyebrows because that short-changes all the other body parts (alllll of them) that he acts with as well. most of them at the same time.

darn. he's sw[/t]aggering around the stage with that bandage over his chest wound, swigging something out of a flask, again to show off how vigilante/guerilla/partisan-y he is, and he just kind of noticed the flapping end of the bandage a moment ago. i had this wonderful moment of hope that he was going to share a bit of his grappa with it. he looked that kind of distracted for a second. but no luck, le sigh.

[/spoiler]

and why does the met keep putting its tenors in leather trousers? aren't they allowed to borrow the other men's pants? it's getting close to the border of weird. i mean, you're going to know this is the tenor as soon as he opens his mouth anyway. the whole thing is visually nice in the overall, but individually it's giving me this impression they clothed their principals by plundering their parents' rec rooms.

eh. i'm just in it for the good bits.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
I guess that is one thing I do enjoy about adulthood.
Being able to talk, discuss, or even part ways in a fashion that's not prone to extreme drama nor stress, not even resent.
One of the things I've really come to appreciate in the last few years is being able to tell my long-term friends I love them. I'm really glad I've taken the time to get more in touch with my emotions, because it's added a richness to my life that wasn't there before, and my friendships have deepened because of it.

(pics below)
I only see the one, but it's making me want to take a cross-country motorcycle trip despite not actually knowing how to ride one.

The thought of going very fast on two wheels with no other humans around for hours at a time and plenty of scenery to be had sounds perfect just about now. I'm in a weird headspace where I simultaneously want to shut out the whole world and shut down for a time and basically just withdraw completely into myself, and yet I also find myself craving close relationships and wanting to get out and about in a much more broad fashion than I've attempted before (at least without a particular purpose behind a trip or traveling with other people).

I truly hope for the sake of humanity that the vaccines in the works are successful and the pandemic ends relatively soon or at least diminishes enough to return to at least some level of normalcy. But I especially hope for it because it's very wearing on my mental health. Extremely much so now that my 96-year-old grandmother tells me some of the nurses working at her long-term care facility ended up with it.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
LL: Breathing.
Me: ...okay, bye.
Ha but I have you beat, at least with an email I got about 3 years back from S5. The email was 206 miles long and from multiple people. The top part was from him and all it said was "fix this". Literally, that was it. He was also known for putting whatever it was he wanted in the subject line to avoid writing an actual email.
I've been trying to train S8 (current super) in the fine art of 2 words is better than 206 but she isn't quite there yet :p

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Tired of reading, so I started watching Catfish countdowns and now I'm obsessed with that stupid show. I've been watching the same top 10 reveals for the past week. Help me.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Well FWIW I've been trying to drink more water. Have lost about 10 lbs. so far. Have had 3 sodas in the past 8 weeks so apparently it's working. Also have recently started taking a non-THC CBD 10mg gummy in the AM and a 5mg Melatonin gummy at night. Working fairly well although they're not magic potions. Still have to take ibuprofen most days for the near-constant back pain. Also, I think that the melatonin is giving me weird dreams. Last night I dreamt that I failed a classroom test administered by S5. WTF. In other non-news, people can quit posting their Thanksgiving meals immediately. Everyone is eating the same shit today, no need to add to the other 1.6 million posts.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 514
1,084 Posts
My boss hired a new employee (the first one we had since June), just for him to quit on the third day in. He complained that he was overwhelmed with the work-load.
I tried to be nice and reassuring (in the best way I can), and explained that is is overwhelming at first, but then you get the hang of it (at least, that was my experience).
But he decided to leave regardless. Kind of sucks. So I guess it's just me and my boss for the next little while.

But at the same time, I do better working by myself. There is less people to get in the way.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
TWENTY-SEVEN MINUTES. That's how long it took my parents and me to find a video chat solution that worked for both parties. And it wasn't that great because we ended up using Google Duo, which is apparently made for smartphones because despite them using a webcam on a computer, the video was in vertical phone format.

I have a rather toxic attitude toward the holidays, so I wasn't expecting to wish I could be there for Thanksgiving or Christmas. But I miss turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving. I miss waking up early in the morning before everyone else and going into the living room and watching the Christmas lights without my glasses on. I think it's mostly just because I CAN'T go home at the moment that makes me miss it so much. Well, that and it's been over a year since I was last there.

I'm really looking forward to the post-pandemic world. I mean, I at least hope it's more pleasant than the current situation; not gonna lie, I have a hard time not having a gloomy outlook on things these days.

Also, TOTALLY loved talking with my INTP dad about frustrations with Te.

Reactions: Sela and lilysocks
38241 - 38260 of 38267 Posts