Personality Cafe banner
38981 - 39000 of 39079 Posts

·
Registered
🔥
1,828 Posts
Great Read that sounded so familiar to me.............. I retreated into my personal notes & writings and found something similar & synonymous that I had penned about myself almost 30 years ago. May your next 30 years for you be as fulfilling as my last 30 years have been for me. :cool:
Thanks man, that means a lot. I admire what you're doing, travelling around, living of the grid, in nature, being self sufficient. It's way more appealing than what society offers, & something I'm going to get into. An investment, of sorts.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 Sx
662 Posts
My big problem is that I have a plan how to conquer the whole universe, but how good is this perfect plan if this current culture can not even get on par with the current environment destruction...

Based on how your primitive "paper religion" works, I have a tentative plan how UBI could work, in order to replace "Meat Droids" for "Mecha Droids" but that is just a tiny step to save the environment.

We need to save the environment to get enough more time, what I do need is tech that resembles "Malescence" back home in Glittertindra, which, in layman terms, allow splitting and joining of conscious instances within a single collective, call it AI..., this is the first stage to create what I personally call, an "Universal Life-Form" where each instance, or cell, is inherently designed to be 99% like its predecessor.

Likeness is likeness, even if it is one billion light-years apart, I can order a referendum, but I do not have to wait billions of years to get all the votes, I just have to pick a tiny sample since 99% will vote like each other in the whole universe..., mhu-ha-ha =w=

Do I have to SMS the blueprints to Elon Musk? lol

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Today is a bad day - not even sure why, other than work been a nightmare all week (after taking a whole 2 days off - how dare I), getting chewed out from all directions meanwhile sitting here severely underpaid and overworked, with no light at the end of the tunnel while friends head off on vacations and I'm staring down months of slavery to scrape together a few pennies in hopes of having some fun sometime next year - maybe. Not a good day to be stuck here in the office where I can't hide from prying eyes since my desk is right on the aisle everyone needs to walk down.

I can deal with a fair bit of stress, but when it is coming from all angles, I'm struggling a bit more than I would be if one thing would give - of course, saying that, I think of the things that could be piled on top, like my truck blowing an engine or my house going up in flames... Birthdays and holidays coming up, and I have no money to do anything - and pretty sure "homemade" gifts won't be appreciated by several of those people (my mom would be fine with that, but most other people don't want a random painting they didn't ask for....).

Still no regrets being off Facebook at this point though - I'm not feeling any more "lonely" than I otherwise was, and while I know I'm missing out on the news from friends and acquintances, at least I'm not constantly being reminded of how most people are flourishing right now (well, or at least most people who post online) while I'm hating almost every moment of my existence.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've met this guy on tinder who simply seems too good to be true. Educated at one of the best unis worldwide, with a very good, prestigous job, very smart and seems totally interested in me - so much he decided to come to visit me in my country.

My scam radar is through the roof but I have difficulties pinpointing why my gut feeing is so critical. I could meet him, but I'm too lazy to meet a scammer.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Got myself a sore throat and some occasional headaches. Now waiting for test results if I have covid.

Otherwise, no real issues, chirpy and energetic as ever. Which means...I'M BORED! :ROFLMAO:
Good grief, how can one be so bored after barely even 2 days at home? lol

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
I've met this guy on tinder who simply seems too good to be true. Educated at one of the best unis worldwide, with a very good, prestigous job, very smart and seems totally interested in me - so much he decided to come to visit me in my country.

My scam radar is through the roof but I have difficulties pinpointing why my gut feeing is so critical. I could meet him, but I'm too lazy to meet a scammer.
I'd say caution is better than opportunity on this one, too, but it depends. The biggest red flags would be if he asked for money to help with the trip because of some crisis where he never shows up but promises to pay you back.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

I just have to ask, did you two agree to meet? Seems weird he'd otherwise come visit your country out of the blue.
Would also be cautious.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd say caution is better than opportunity on this one, too, but it depends. The biggest red flags would be if he asked for money to help with the trip because of some crisis where he never shows up but promises to pay you back.
Yes, this would be a clear no-go for me. However, the fact that he has not asked for money but otherwise seems "improbable" confuses me.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just have to ask, did you two agree to meet? Seems weird he'd otherwise come visit your country out of the blue.
Would also be cautious.
Yesterday: "I have this business opportunity in your city so I'm coming tomorrow for a few days"
Today: "My business opportunity fell through but I have my flight and hotel booked so I will come to visit you!"

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
"No" meaning that's awful? :D

I've been out of the dating market for a while so I don't really know what's normal and what's not. We are both 30+ years old, not children any more ;(
I guess it depends on how long you've been in contact and if you responded positively to his suggestion (which would encourage him). Perhaps I'm put off by how you presented it - like a declarative ("I'm coming to see you") instead of an inquiry, but context matters.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yesterday: "I have this business opportunity in your city so I'm coming tomorrow for a few days"
Today: "My business opportunity fell through but I have my flight and hotel booked so I will come to visit you!"
...That just sounds shady, at best. IMO. I'd consider it a red flag unless I'm missing some context. :)

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
...That just sounds shady, at best. IMO. I'd consider it a red flag unless I'm missing some context. :)
Yeah.... I'd say no. Ask him what flight and what hotel. Write them down. I want to say don't meet him but you're a grownup.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
Bleh. I was asked a while ago if I want to get in on ground floor automation with some new tool they've decided they're going to adopt. Theoretically of course I ought to say yes. But the truth is I find automation tear-jerkingly tedious AND I would need to go work its a different team I have brushed up against now and again, and have never enjoyed. They suck all the life enhancement out of testing. AND it would be contract to hire and I just don't want to be an employee. If I could even afford to be one, which is damn dubious. Sigh.

Meanwhile I had two branches of the same project to work on, and both of them have been blocked left and right. I set a time box on at least one-off the branches, but look and behold, this big 'ZOMG the DIRECTORS want this' came in.... And you just know that when power bi is involved 'it'll only take 30 minutes or so' is a lie. And so it's proved.

Now it's 8:30 and I've got rid of that one, and now I'm looking down the barrel of whatever it was I was planning to get done before... ugh.

I'm feeling sad and sorry for my little self.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I suppose this quote above was for @TheTraveller7 ....right? :LOL:
Probably. I turned down. For me it's not normal to write sb repeatedly in the evening ("Are you there?", "Can you talk?") and in the very morning without that person replying. I was afraid to open my fridge. Not sure if this was scam or not but I would get crazy with him even if evething was legit - I'm too much of an INTJ I guess.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Probably. I turned down. For me it's not normal to write sb repeatedly in the evening ("Are you there?", "Can you talk?") and in the very morning without that person replying. I was afraid to open my fridge. Not sure if this was scam or not but I would get crazy with him even if evething was legit - I'm too much of an INTJ I guess.
You mean he'd do that?
Well one way or another I doubt you missed out on anything with that dude.
A scam may have been the lesser evil.
I'd worry he'd have other mental issues; be it anxiety or control issues or something else. From what you told.

Reactions: lilysocks

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
Yeah, the boundaries thing was pinging pretty hard. :whistle:

38981 - 39000 of 39079 Posts