Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 37960 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wrote about the representation of domestic violence in various nonfiction, popular, and fiction genres in the US. I defended already, but it was a challenge to finish. I am finally publishing a chapter of it this year.
Congratulations! It is always inspiring for me to hear such outcomes. Fascinating topic.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Went to my first Japanese funeral yesterday. It is quite culturally different. For instance, Japanese sprinkle salt over their clothes/bodies before they enter their house after getting home from the funeral. My wife insisted that none of us (kids included) even touch the car before the salt sequence. When she sprinkled the salt over my son, he sneezed. I couldn't stop laughing. And it made me think of the time I was at a church service (to make a girlfriend happy) when the priest walked amongst those in attendance sprinkling holy water over everyone. At the time I wondered what would happen, after being christened with holy water, if I jumped up and shouted, "I can fly. I can fly."

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I hope this confusion wears off eventually. Before I go insane.

I've also realised that I've only connected with one person in real life as well as the people on here. And I barely know most of the people on this site. That's saddening.
First off, you'll be fine. Trust me.

Secondly, I am sure there are plenty of people on here that would like to connect with you. But remember, it's a two way thing. When people reach out to you, let them in. It might be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it gets easier over time.

PM me if you ever want to talk.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'd like to know who, if anyone, is pooling bets concerning when I might get my first forum infraction for breaking some rule? >) or, any of the INTJs for that matter. People have probably been making some mad cafe goldz from betting on InvisibleJim XD

I jest.

I'm tired of having to censor myself, only to then be advised to leave my baggage at the door to further censor myself. It's not like some INTJ valet is going to pick up my baggage and carry it around for me up to my room- far from it! This stuff is useful as a leg prop, ya know? when ya sit down and it would be rude to put your feet up on anything or anywhere else but your own luggage? Ya know what I mean, surely ya do... I'll just be staying right here at the door, just outside of it, with my baggage, then =Þ *takes a load off and props her feet up* Ahhh, it's such a nice day, out here!

*giggles at memory of a photo of man in a Santa suit, ringing a bell, standing beside a charity box in the sweat provoking December heat somewhere in Australia*

*contemplates that awesome luggage set that Tom Hanks' character had in the film Joe Versus The Volcano and continues to thought trip from there...*

Reactions: Hemoglobin

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'd like to know who, if anyone, is pooling bets concerning when I might get my first forum infraction for breaking some rule? >) or, any of the INTJs for that matter. People have probably been making some mad cafe goldz from betting on InvisibleJim XD
Infractions are like buses, you wait for a year for one to come along and then BAM.. two come along at once :laughing:

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Infractions are like buses, you wait for a year for one to come along and then BAM.. two come along at once :laughing:
Whats this?

Did you just post in my redundant thread?

<------ Winz at the interwebz

Yesterday I closed a major deal for my company. 60 grand, for the budget. Snotty uptight business men who shrink at anything out of their comfort zones- my favourite kind of client.

Yet I still managed to do so by being myself: Dreadlocks, ring in my nose and obscure sense of humour.

This gives me hope in humanity.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'm not much of a dog lover, but I'll be stuck in a mid-size sedan with a dog for 2100 miles :0 I should be more worried about being stuck in a car with my talkative and overly advising INTP brother, yet I'm not XD I sure can't speak "canine" but, at least, I know me some INTP!

Whats this?

Did you just post in my redundant thread?
Ehh hehehe hehhh >;)

------

Yesterday I closed a major deal for my company. 60 grand, for the budget. Snotty uptight business men who shrink at anything out of their comfort zones- my favourite kind of client.

I still managed to do by being myself: Dreadlocks, ring in my nose and obscure sense of humour.

This gives me hope in humanity.
You sound even slier and more capable than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but with a lot more finesse and sexier by far.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
You sound even slier and more capable than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but with a lot more finesse and sexier by far.
Now you are just flirting with me :p heh.

Thank you though, compliments muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Now you are just flirting with me :p heh.

Thank you though, compliments muchly appreciated.
I'm stating the obvious, but sure, it can also work as a compliment. Am I flirting-? Sh!t, it's hard for me to notice these things. I hoped that would be a healthy dose of co-female social grace, as I'm making up for lost time in that department. I'll remember to only compliment the non-INTJ females I meet, 'cuz it's not like our egos need it.

I think I can see, just over the horizon, 2 buses headed towards this thread.
Are either of those buses destined for total annihilation, so that I know which one to avoid? I'm not one to really flirt with disaster.

Hmm. I'm supposed to be venting. I miss sex. @#%$#[email protected]^# >_< Grrrr...

Reactions: Hemoglobin

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Just had a meeting that was basically an hour of everyone giving the director emotional support in response to his continuous whining as he had been through an interrogation and the lawyer had been mean to him. :crying:
Jesus fucking Christ. I have work to do.

41 - 60 of 37960 Posts